My turn to scream!!!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

amythntr

Re: My turn to scream!!!

Post by amythntr »

racking up points wrote:They're different from what I gather. I heard the deadzones are on the latest shipments of the Micro but I could be misinformed.

...Derrick, I ordered my from an archery company on eBay and it came with a Vari-zone as the one I had ordered from Wyverns...hence my query...just curious if there really is a difference, what is the difference, why did they change and is it a better scope in light of many (including myself) not being happy with their Vari-zone...

....would be curious what you find out when yours comes in from Danny!

Best regards,

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
racking up points

Post by racking up points »

amythntr wrote:
racking up points wrote:They're different from what I gather. I heard the deadzones are on the latest shipments of the Micro but I could be misinformed.

...Derrick, I ordered my from an archery company on eBay and it came with a Vari-zone as the one I had ordered from Wyverns...hence my query...just curious if there really is a difference, what is the difference, why did they change and is it a better scope in light of many (including myself) not being happy with their Vari-zone...

....would be curious what you find out when yours comes in from Danny!

Best regards,

I ordered mine naked. :shock:

Maybe the supplier had a glut of older stock? I think these scopes were just released. They look different to me but in terms of performance, I've never seen a scope in a kit that I've been thrilled about...
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
Northerner

Post by Northerner »

It's definitely not the varizone.

Scope is shorter and has the fps adjustments.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Northerner wrote:It's definitely not the varizone.

Scope is shorter and has the fps adjustments.

...curious to hear reviews visa vie the other Excalibur scopes...

In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
bubba

Post by bubba »

Yes I would very much like to hear your review of the dead zone. I am another who hasn't been very trilled about any scope Excalibur has come out with. Who knows maybe this one is different ...........
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
Canuck Archer

Post by Canuck Archer »

Congrats, you will love this bow.
When I first saw it back in December, I thought, Hmm, nice kids bow.
Then I shouldered it and it fit so nice,I bought it.
Something that compact just shouldn't fit so good.
P.S. I'm six feet tall...
If dogs don't go to heaven, I want to go where they go....
Silverovertime

Post by Silverovertime »

I was recently told the following in a reply to a facebook post by Excal that I saw with a pic of a micro with the dead zone on it that I questioned. The initial run of 1000 micros came with the vari zone and after that the dead zone replaced the vari zone. I asked if the dead zone was illuminated and response said they were functionally equivalent so I guess not.
Time to put another log on the fire!
Exocet 200
Exomax
Matrix 380
Matrix 405
Micro 335
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Silverovertime wrote:I was recently told the following in a reply to a facebook post by Excal that I saw with a pic of a micro with the dead zone on it that I questioned. The initial run of 1000 micros came with the vari zone and after that the dead zone replaced the vari zone. I asked if the dead zone was illuminated and response said they were functionally equivalent so I guess not.
...I guess that means most people will "functionally" change them out for a "functionally" more reliable scope...JMO

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings