Anyone changing part of their Hunting Set-up

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

drkeenan

Re: Anyone changing part of their Hunting Set-up

Post by drkeenan »

Replaced Exomax with Micro 335. Attaching ATN Shot Trac camera to Varizone for next year which starts Feb 1, 2015. I just got permission to hunt a new property only after agreeing to coyote hunt after the deer season ends. I'm excited to spend more time in the woods!!
Micro 355 - (Mortal Cause II)
Stock String
Black Eagle Executioner Bolts
Tact Zone Scope
NAP SpitfiresXXX - 100 gn
ATN Shot Trak Video Camera
strum

Post by strum »

I got my Micro set up "after" the season so that's a change ill be looking forward too.
But my most exciting change is just at the end of the season I got permission to hunt on some land adjoining the farm I have been hunting for a few years.
I hunted it 3 or 4 times and saw deer each time ..and I found more rubs there than I had found any where else!! All this was found after the rut so I didn't see what I think made em. I did see a couple of bucks though..
So I feel I have his address all I need is November back :lol: :lol:
Now on to the turk hunting..I made some rookie mistakes last year and did not get it done so this year my changes will be..DO NOT MAKE THEM MISTAKES DUMMY.. im going to burn this into my brain :lol: :lol:
I will be trying some different decoy setups ...never used a jake or a tom decoy so im adding at least one of them to my set up this year..
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

Got my Micro after Thanksgiving so I need to get some arrows figured out and built up for that and I had a Varizone I put on it. I like the lighted reticles though so I will either swap my Hawke off my Vortex onto the Micro or buy a new one for it. Would love to do some more arrow tests as well understanding the effect of arrow length/FOC on speed. Something along those lines.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
fredd

Post by fredd »

taking my 165# Exocet and putting on a machined riser and new limbs, putting on a hawke xb1 scope, then to top it off a custom camo in abstract red and white Canada flag camo. camouflaging the limbs ,posts for top mount quiver , quiver, and the stock , and rail and riser black, and Canada flag camo sling.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Well the 355, no plans really, but the Micro will be shooting Spitfire Maxx heads come fall.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!

Post by newbie »

bow is all set up with the new scope. going to play with ome 16" zombies and tapps would like to get my grizztricks dialed in.
Hunting property got logged this fall so i have to get in there do some trail clearing. Move a couple of stands. Build up some natural brush ground blinds. Im pretty excited to seee what this next season has to offer.
Derrick no problem Ill let you know when they are heading home.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

....Another thing that I want to try my hand in is reserving strings...there are a bunch of us that hunt together and if i could learn this it could come in very handy...will order the "Outer Limit Moto Serving Jig" and have my son or my brother in law make the string stretching jig as per Boo's instructions on his sight...we shall see...

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
strum

Post by strum »

[quote="amythntr"]....Another thing that I want to try my hand in is reserving strings...there are a bunch of us that hunt together and if i could learn this it could come in very handy...will order the "Outer Limit Moto Serving Jig" and have my son or my brother in law make the string stretching jig as per Boo's instructions on his sight...we shall see...

Anthony :)[/quote

Check out Munch s rig ..looks very well made and priced right. You can reserve and use as a stretcher
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
Masboy

Post by Masboy »

I will be shooting our equinox with 20 inch bare shaft executioners with 110 gr. brass inserts,plastic nocks,a certain small profile expandable 100gr. broad head with wt. 400 gr.an deadly accurate out to 50 yds. an no vane noise in flight an fly like darts.they shoot about same poi at 50yds. as my fletched arrows I shoot in all our bows.

That are 20 inch executioners with 92gr. brass inserts,plastic nocks,blazers,100gr. fieldpoints with wt. of 4oo gr. an maybe some ramcats with a super small vanes . going small this year with no vanes an a super small exapandable or super small vanes an ramcats.
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

Since my daughter will be tagging along next season, she'll be using my ExoMax because its much easier than a compound for female to harness the power. Sure, you can kill a deer with a short draw length and a 40# pull. But when an ExoMax is available its a simple decision.

That means I'll need to scrounge up another crossbow else I'll be relegated to my compound bow when we are afield together. I'm still torn between a Micro or a great deal on another of the tried and true older models.

I also picked up another ladder stand at an after season sale so I'll be placing it for an additional seating option. It will probably just add to the number of locations that I should have been sitting. :lol:

DuckHunt
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol:
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

I'll be grateful for every hour I manage to sneak off into the woods with my trusty ol' brown Vixen. Won't be changing anything - except perhaps stand locations. :)

Have no plans to change anything for 3D either.
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
luckymike

Post by luckymike »

picked up a m330 for my 16 yr old son to use so i need to get that set up for him.he couldn't quite cock the m355 but he's able to do the 330.
matrix 355,330
slicktrick 125
black eagle executioners
vixenmaster strings
nikon bolt
triggertech
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

I'm not changing a thing! I'm a happy camper! :D
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
tomasw1

Post by tomasw1 »

Going to install the trigger tech I ordered for my M380. Also toying with the idea of using my Aimpoint Pro. Boo string. Maybe Airbrakes. Land owner needs as many doe taken as possible, Airbrakes can help get a 2nd shot. Thinking of the crank for when I'm in the stand. Had to cock in the air which was not fun. Also some broad head testing. First blood with the spitfires has been over 50 yards in both cases for me this year. Bought some Montecs but FOCs seem to be getting a following on here.
Matrix 380 Xtra
MI Yeti

Post by MI Yeti »

I would like to get a nicer scope or non magnified sight for my exocet 165# . And i need to dig up a larger foot stirrup for my vixen . I can’t get my hunting boot in the darn thing :lol:
Exocet 165 2.5x32 Drop Zone scope
Vixenmaster and Danny miller strings
Gold tip laser II arrows ,Muzzy 235 broadheads