Anyone changing part of their Hunting Set-up

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

vixenmaster

Anyone changing part of their Hunting Set-up

Post by vixenmaster »

I figure many members will be changing some part of their set-up this yr prior to Hunting season. My self i am hoping to use up these testin BH's. Then i can get back to my old stand by's. Not changin anything on my crossbows this yr. They are great jus like i have them
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Starvin' Hillbilly

Re: Anyone changing part of their Hunting Set-up

Post by Starvin' Hillbilly »

been wallowing round the thought of going from a hawke w/ crosshairs to a red dot, so i can get on'em and start the trigger squeeze w/o counting half a dozen crosshairs . . . if we get some steady weather i might pull out and do some range experimenting on a + zero and -

-ken
You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.-Blondie,
The good, the bad, the ugly
Waif

Post by Waif »

I have a mount to put on to hold a rangefinder.
Getting them on and practice is next. :D
Axiom.S.M.F.
S5s,cheek piece,firebolts, Original Rocket Steel heads.
Bushnell yardage pro on Excalibur mount.

Exomax.
Hawke 1.5-5x32ir SR.
Easton xx75,s 2219. Bolt-cutters.
Bunch of bumpers.
Vixenmaster! string.
Jerod B.

Post by Jerod B. »

Ditching compounds and getting a crossbow so my step-sons can hunt with it.

Plus, they will be able to lay the smack down better with an Excalibur, than with a low draw weight short draw length compound bow of their own. :D
cspot

Post by cspot »

Got rid of the Matrix 380 for a Micro. Cutting arrows to 16", but other than that the setup will remain the same.
Excalibur Matrix 330, Micro 335
racking up points

Post by racking up points »

Arrows and broadheads. I used 18" zombies last year with brass inserts and 100gr Muzzy's. Newbie is making me 17" zombies and glueing in some aluminum inserts, (thanks, Mike!). I'll be using the FOC or Slick Trick Magnums at a finished weight around 390gr.
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Hopefully I'm going to change not getting a deer with my bow, to getting a deer with my bow! :lol:
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

..... Other than playing around w different "arra" configurations for my Nightmare....I think I'm pretty well set...I will be playing with differing lengths and using the ignitors in place of the lumenoks....probably be practicing out to 50 yds....

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Mo wannabe

Post by Mo wannabe »

I will also be testing different arra lengths and weights this spring for the just right MICRO arra ! :D
Micro 335 Camo. Micro Nightmare. Vixen Matrix 310 Axiom
Leupold scopes VixenMaster Strings
Big john arrows. BOO strings & things
Montec g5
DaGriz knive
Less work.....more hunt
Derry Hicks
Excalibur only
Fred T

Post by Fred T »

I'm still new to this game and slowly but surely adding pieces to my arsenal.The realities of daily life don't allow me a huge budget for hunting gear so I need to be frugal.I did pick up some Wasp Drones as an alternative to the Slick Trick mags.They are another solid,durable,sharp fixed blade.They fly just as good as the slicks and are very reasonably priced .I really like these as they seem to combine the best of the ST and another fave the Muzzy MX 3.And as an added bonus come with 2 sets of replacement blades. I also want to get a decent range finder,as I believe it will be a very helpful tool in aiding my sucess.
Ibex SMF-S5-TactZone-BE Zombies/blazers
Wasp Jak Knife,Drone.
Vixenmaster string.
ehntr

Post by ehntr »

This is the year for total change....new bow, new arrows, lots of accessories and aftermarket part and attachments. With all the good reviews and results I may even give the hated mechanicals yet another chance to disappoint me. I am a sucker for this...........I hear 170 gr FOC's calling my name...........dohhhhhhhhhh :oops:
Last edited by ehntr on Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
E/M/MOBUI330 (Finn-esse)
E/M/N335 (Finn-bad)
Click "User Control Panel", "Profile", Location: (you don't have to tell everyone you're "in a van down by the river") but for Pete's sake, what state/prov or country are you in?
bikerbob24

Post by bikerbob24 »

going to a HHA optimizer on the 355 and a Leopold scope. other than that a new climbing stand .... a Leopold crossbones on the nightmare...and may add another 80 acres to our property if the adjoining landowner decides to sell this year......counting down until the 2015 archery season.... :D
Micro 335
Nightmare 335
Matrix 330
Axiom
Vixenmaster Flemish Strings
K-9 handler and trainer , K-9 Baily my partner for 7 years, we are now retired , spending our time hunting & fishing or just enjoying life.
NEPAbowhunter

Post by NEPAbowhunter »

I plan on getting a Leupold crossbones scope and shooting lighted nocks for the first time. I am also converting my Kodabow Bravo Zulu into a new for 2015 Kodabow Zulu Scout. Waiting on the Fed Ex man to bring me my new Kodabow Scout limbs and rail.
Matrix 355
Bulldog 380
Mission Sub-1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS9N8dEdZCQ
Lake shooter

Post by Lake shooter »

Cripes...... I just got THROUGH making all my changes for the rest of THIS season! We have until February 28th. 8)
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

We had a really slow year this year. With the drought going on for several years now, and a bumper crop of acorns, the feeders were a bust early in the year. I'm going to set up two or three stands back in the brush, watching trails, to insure that I at least have an alternate spot. I have always liked tree stands, but have gotten old and lazy hunting my shooting house.