Anyone changing part of their Hunting Set-up

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

frisky

Re: Anyone changing part of their Hunting Set-up

Post by frisky »

My world is going to be turned upside down! The 20 acre that I hunt on is 5 acre planted trees, middle 10 acre are natural woods, the last 5 are planted trees.
The owner had a aggrement with the DNR that once in 30 years it had to be logged off. This is on the middle 10 acres where I hunt.
Some where between April 2014 and April 2016 this is going to happen. Has not started yet. Hope it gets done before fall hunting.
About 50% of the woods is going to disapeer. They are going to clear cut a "horseshoe" shape out of the middle. The out side edge will still be there.
This will create a 125 foot edge all around. This may concreate the deer to this regon. Time will tell.
My "honey hole" stand tree will disapeer, I already said good bye to it :( :(
2007 Phoenix
Custom Wood Stock
Gold Tip II 311 Grain
Meat Seeker, 3 blade, Mechanical 100 Grain
Boo Astroflight String
Varizone Sighting
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

Not a lot changed with my bow... Rubber Baby Buggy Bumpers to replace the stock issue, and not a lot else planned for the bow itself after that. Likely going to stick with the Trigger Tech Single Stage after some Excellent Results with it last season.

New Arrows are a MUST! Getting down in stock, and have a hankering to try on some Big John Zombie Slayers at somewhat extreme distances over the summer... :twisted:

Probably stick with the Spitfires for now, but after Paul's reports, do admit to a hankering to try the 125 Toxics...

As far as local hunting areas - scouted a couple new blocks adjacent to one of the ranches I hunt for Blacktails last fall. The Rancher I know well has already secured permission (sole that is! :wink: ) for one of them, and chatted with the other neighbor about the one next to it. He suggested "The Kid should drop by with some of those awesome sausages he makes some time (my Buddy fed him a few) and I'll likely give him the Green Light". Kid? Hardly! But... that area has not been hunted in decades, and is generally where my one Nemesis likes to go to avoid Two-Legs. Working on the sausages now, and Hoping for a little Surprise for that Crafty Old Bugger!

Mainland hunt will of course be on the menu, also found a new place or two there which my Partner is currently working on...

And that about sums up any changes from this end...

Cheers,
Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Always

Post by Always »

Great question Mike ; only thing i`m going to change is............
" SPEND MORE TIME IN THE FIELD " :mrgreen
Always Late
drkeenan

Post by drkeenan »

frisky wrote:My world is going to be turned upside down! The 20 acre that I hunt on is 5 acre planted trees, middle 10 acre are natural woods, the last 5 are planted trees.
The owner had a aggrement with the DNR that once in 30 years it had to be logged off. This is on the middle 10 acres where I hunt.
Some where between April 2014 and April 2016 this is going to happen. Has not started yet. Hope it gets done before fall hunting.
About 50% of the woods is going to disapeer. They are going to clear cut a "horseshoe" shape out of the middle. The out side edge will still be there.
This will create a 125 foot edge all around. This may concreate the deer to this regon. Time will tell.
My "honey hole" stand tree will disapeer, I already said good bye to it :( :(
Just wait and see and try not to worry. I hunt 2 different properties, 20 and 30 acres respectively, which have recently been logged. Both still loaded with deer!!
Micro 355 - (Mortal Cause II)
Stock String
Black Eagle Executioner Bolts
Tact Zone Scope
NAP SpitfiresXXX - 100 gn
ATN Shot Trak Video Camera
bob watkins

Post by bob watkins »

full moon nocks just came with a new flat nock its about 10gr lightr than my new fletch want to look at these this year
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

...not changing my set up but will try my hand at "reserving" my strings along with others in my group...picked up the "Outer Limit Moto Server" as my first step...this will be a late spring, early summer adventure.

Image[/URL]

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings