Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ehntr

Re: I hate the word harvest.

Post by ehntr »

Name for harvested humans is?
SOYLENT GREEN
E/M/MOBUI330 (Finn-esse)
E/M/N335 (Finn-bad)
Click "User Control Panel", "Profile", Location: (you don't have to tell everyone you're "in a van down by the river") but for Pete's sake, what state/prov or country are you in?
GGC

Post by GGC »

Don't give the pres any ideas.
Lake shooter

Post by Lake shooter »

ehntr wrote:Name for harvested humans is?

If they aren't being eaten, there's no "harvest". 8)
SOYLENT GREEN
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

I finally made it through this entire thread and I fear my brain is being
harvested/killed and I'll never get the last five minutes of my life back! :x
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
ohioexocetfan

Post by ohioexocetfan »

Very well said Lake Shooter!
THE ORIGINAL
Exocet 200
100g 1" Slick Tricks
GTII w/ 2" Blazer vanes
Boo "Ohio State" string

THE UPGRADE
Matrix 380
Hawke Pro 30
100g 2" Swhackers
18" Executioners w/ 2" Blazers
Mike Collins string
Onetimeonly x-->

Post by Onetimeonly x--> »

Harvested or collected here...to each it's own.
'13 Matrix 380/Hawke XB30 Pro Scope
'13 Matrix 355/Hawke XB30 Scope
Boo Triggers & Custom Strings
Wabi Custom Calls
AND A WHOLE LOT OF FRESH AIR!!
Godspeed!!
Scott
maple

Post by maple »

Harvest is fine with me. Like Norm says, it all depends on who you're talking to.

Everybody knows you've killed the darn thing. Some just don't want their nose rubbed in it.

Others enjoy hearing about the stalk, the shot, tracking, gutting, and butchering aspects.

All depends.

If you kill it, and don't use it, that's not harvesting.
Don't look at the antlers!! And don't look him in the eye!!

2002 Exomag
Custom wood stock with a lot of notches in it
Big John arrows
Loving every minute of it.
The only thing better than a dog, is two dogs.

Maple

Post by newbie »

Normous wrote:I use both the Kill and Harvest words depending on whom I'm talking too, a little common sense with non hunters goes a long way.
this exactly is what i do. I also love getting asked if i had caught anything. :?
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
Normous

Post by Normous »

newbie wrote: I also love getting asked if i had caught anything. :?
It makes me smile when I hear that too and I hear it quite a bit where I work, at least they ask...
When I bring venison pepperoni's into work and spread the word I find it does not last long and the reports from the non hunters are always positive I might add.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
cdnarmyguy

Post by cdnarmyguy »

bubba wrote:X-2 on that!! Would not care to be any where around someone like that. In fact I hope he stays in Canada.............
Was this directed toward me? So what happens when u do and wack a ground hog. Out west Gophers are prime game, but dont eat them. Grown up, we when shot, killed or hunted a deer or moose. I never heard my father and grand fathers say harvest. O well the world has changed , but not me.
Maybe my next tour, and shoot someone. Ill report I harvested them.
What's 64 tons, green and black, and can take a deer at 3400m. A leopard tank.
onebigskittle

Post by onebigskittle »

When I hunt I go to take an Animal when I go to the garden I pick it. I don't like the word kill or harvest but to each his own. The word Harvest came up lot when I was on a heart transplant list and I never liked the word for that reason.
Harvest a heart ...NO they cut it out of some poor guy. As long as we all know what we are taking about it make no difference what word we use :wink:
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

onebigskittle wrote:When I hunt I go to take an Animal when I go to the garden I pick it. I don't like the word kill or harvest but to each his own. The word Harvest came up lot when I was on a heart transplant list and I never liked the word for that reason.
Harvest a heart ...NO they cut it out of some poor guy. As long as we all know what we are taking about it make no difference what word we use :wink:
...in other words, "it is the substance of WHAT we do", "not the form of HOW we say it"....so true!

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
bubba

Post by bubba »

Yes that was directed for cdarmyguy. And as for GROW UP, at 62 I know I've passed that point. I've been around guys similar to you more times than I'd like to mention, A lot while on tour myself years ago, I am proud to be from a military family myself ,my brother,dad his dad in fact back to civil war, for the south. That was killing...But none of us sat around tellin stories of the blood and guts and hardships of it. Or sticking our chests out. But we have always said harvest being it from the field out of the earth, or a deer,hog. whatever from the woods. And after any animal I do take I've always gave thanks. We sir... are from different sides of the track. And I prefer to stay on my side..Simple as that....
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
rayman

Post by rayman »

Wow, talk about feeling strongly about two words.

I rarely talk about hunting except with friends because most people are just not ready to hear stories about preferred bullet or broadhead type, blood trails, animals that were not recovered, details of the process in which an animal is turned into hamburger or sausage, the positive effects of taking kids hunting, or any other realization about hunting. Within my circle of friends though, either "shot" or "killed" are the most common terms used. Not sure if I have ever heard anyone, except on this forum or on tv, use the terms "harvested" or "taken" when referring to hunting. I can guarantee that I will not loose any sleep over this topic though.

The same principle applies to those of us in the forestry business. Most people are not pre-conditioned to discuss 20 to 30 year investment periods or practices like clear cutting and herbicide applications and the conversation often becomes one based on emotion not practicality.
Last edited by rayman on Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

No lost sleep here either. I think it really does depend what group you are having the conversation with, which terminology, or even the depth of the conversation. My wife has always asked me to be as cordial as possible when ever we out, and the subject comes up. At these times taken, harvested, and the like just seem to be more acceptable from the NON'S! That said, when we're here, or with our hunting buddies, I don't think it is necessary to use the words that we are not comfortable with, say it like it is. Killed a nice buck, or doe, harvested, if you prefer, we know what you mean!
On the other side of things, I'm glad that someone at the DNR decided to use terms more acceptable to the general public that might read our hunting guides, etc. Remember, we have fewer numbers, and our "accidents" or bad behavior often ends in death of another hunter. Harvested is never said in those headlines, it's always "KILLED"

I get more worked up when we loose our rights to hunt!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!