I hate the word harvest.

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

cdnarmyguy

I hate the word harvest.

Post by cdnarmyguy »

I hate the word harvest. You harvest veggies and friut. You kill meat. Who ever came up with that, didnt hunt, or trys to make friends with PETA.
What's 64 tons, green and black, and can take a deer at 3400m. A leopard tank.
Canuck Archer

Re: I hate the word harvest.

Post by Canuck Archer »

You're right on that account. I also shake my head at smoked 'em,wasted him,wacked him. You stopped the deers heart by blood loss or trauma. You killed it. :roll: but to each their own...
If dogs don't go to heaven, I want to go where they go....
ehntr

Post by ehntr »

I don't use it in the context of hunting either but here is some Canadian Content for you:
Harvesting or Domestic Harvesting in Canada refers to hunting, fishing and plant gathering by First Nations, Métis and Inuit in discussions of aboriginal or treaty rights. For example, in the Gwich'in Comprehensive Land Claim Agreement, "Harvesting means gathering, hunting, trapping or fishing..."[2] Similarly, in the Tlicho Land Claim and Self Government Agreement "'Harvesting' means, in relation to wildlife, hunting, trapping or fishing and, in relation to plants or trees, gathering or cutting."[
E/M/MOBUI330 (Finn-esse)
E/M/N335 (Finn-bad)
Click "User Control Panel", "Profile", Location: (you don't have to tell everyone you're "in a van down by the river") but for Pete's sake, what state/prov or country are you in?
drkeenan

Post by drkeenan »

cdnarmyguy wrote:I hate the word harvest. You harvest veggies and friut. You kill meat. Who ever came up with that, didnt hunt, or trys to make friends with PETA.
Splitting hairs a little aren't you? I say tomato......
Micro 355 - (Mortal Cause II)
Stock String
Black Eagle Executioner Bolts
Tact Zone Scope
NAP SpitfiresXXX - 100 gn
ATN Shot Trak Video Camera
cdnarmyguy

Post by cdnarmyguy »

ehntr wrote:I don't use it in the context of hunting either but here is some Canadian Content for you:
Harvesting or Domestic Harvesting in Canada refers to hunting, fishing and plant gathering by First Nations, Métis and Inuit in discussions of aboriginal or treaty rights. For example, in the Gwich'in Comprehensive Land Claim Agreement, "Harvesting means gathering, hunting, trapping or fishing..."[2] Similarly, in the Tlicho Land Claim and Self Government Agreement "'Harvesting' means, in relation to wildlife, hunting, trapping or fishing and, in relation to plants or trees, gathering or cutting."[
Thanks, but to me part Oneida. At times hate to admit to that. Its still killing. If someone here asks why. I see to many want all, and this is not right. No one owns or owned anything. We all came from the same dirty.
What's 64 tons, green and black, and can take a deer at 3400m. A leopard tank.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

.....235 days till the opening of early bow in NJ....thats 1,410,000 minutes and 84,600,000 seconds....just saying :shock: :shock: :shock:

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Tom

Post by Tom »

cdnarmyguy wrote:I hate the word harvest. You harvest veggies and friut. You kill meat. Who ever came up with that, didnt hunt, or trys to make friends with PETA.
The term "harvest" is not off mark in my opinion. I guess it just depends on how you look at things. Many might think that animals are just put on the earth as food for humans by a higher god. I personally do not take pleasure in "killing" an animal. Maybe it is that I am getting old. For me, I kill the animal to gather food (harvest) for myself or family.

As you said, you harvest veggies but kill animals. But actually, to harvest the veggies, do you not KILL THEM. You see, it is just in how you look at things.

Just my opinion.

Tom
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

At Thanksgiving we share in our bountiful harvest . That is the crops as well as the game .
I was taught it was harvesting by my father and by his father . This was well before being politically correct for Peta . :)
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
bubba

Post by bubba »

Never mind best to be nice,,,,,,,,,,SMILE..........
Last edited by bubba on Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
coolhl

Post by coolhl »

I personally do not take pleasure in "killing" an animal. Maybe it is that I am getting old. For me, I kill the animal to gather food (harvest) for myself or family.

As you said, you harvest veggies but kill animals. But actually, to harvest the veggies, do you not KILL THEM. You see, it is just in how you look at things.

Just my opinion.

Tom

Tom,
very well said!
norm
Lake shooter

Post by Lake shooter »

I too don't go out to "kill" something, it just happens to be the only way to turn a living animal into something to eat. Like Ted says, "You can't grill it until you kill it"! The killing part is not fun to me, but is the culmination of a successful hunt.

Personally, I think that all of the show titles and jargon used in them like Trained Assassins, Deer Thugs, "hit list" and so forth are downright juvenile. This isn't directed towards anyone, just my opinion on an open forum, but people who like to brag about killing this and that are not the kind of hunters that I can relate to, or with.
Last edited by Lake shooter on Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bubba

Post by bubba »

X-2 on that!! Would not care to be any where around someone like that. In fact I hope he stays in Canada.............
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

Each to his own I guess ?

Call it what you want but the term " harvest " is widespread in all our Ontario hunting reg's etc.

So it is not a foreign term to myself / friends / family .

Never really gave it much thought till I saw " hate the word harvest " ...

Quoted from Ontario MNR site ..
"Submit hunting activity and hunter harvest reports ...
Hunters are excellent observers of wildlife. Hunting activity and hunter harvest reports collect the observations of hunters across the province. This pool of data helps wildlife managers to plan for the future."
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Yep, our hunting / trapping guide uses the same terminology. I know we kill them, but none hunters always ask, did you catch anything? Now that gets my goat! :lol:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

I am the local coordinator for the Raleigh chapter of Backyard Bow Pro. We partner with landowners to help them manage the deer on their properties (farms, schools, whatever). We in turn donate a portion (or all) of the meat to local food banks. Obtaining permission to hunt in certain situations is sometimes tricky in that the people know they have a problem with the deer, but don't like idea of killing an animal. OK, that's who they are. I would be a fool to go in there talking all blood and guts just to make a point. What is more important - for me to get permission to "kill some deer for ya" or for me to get permission to "humanely manage the deer on the property". It doesn't matter, as long as I get the permission. Each deer I harvest can provide up to 200 meals (think 1/4lb burger) to hungry people. That's the important part. Hunters are generally portrayed as thugs in movies and such, although you and I know that is hardly the truth. Why play into that stereotype?
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><