My Testing n Shooting BH's

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

vixenmaster

My Testing n Shooting BH's

Post by vixenmaster »

So many good fixed bladed models out there i have quit testing them. I have a few BH's left that i am using up, as i get a chance to kill a deer. 2 seasons back i tried the swhackers, shot 2 deer both kills one DRT the othe made it 20+ yds. I was usin lower poundage Excal n they jus didn't show me what i was lookin for. This yr i got to shoot 1 deer with the swhacker usin Kong. Made a good shot nice pass-through n hole in him. I shot the Hammerhead on a Doe, big gappin hole in her, bladed abit on the thin side, so one shot with them n its toast. The Toxic broke blades, not what i would recommend. Spitfire produced kills as it always has. Spitfire isn't the best fer long distance deer shootin as it has some turbolance with those 3 bladed tips stickin out. I have never shot the FOC many have said its the cats meow, i jus haven't got a deal to buy when i looked n had spare funds. So as i use up my few test BH's odds n ends this yr. I will use up my Spitfire's n Hammersheads. Try to purchase some FOC's & use my swhackers along.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
xpert1111

Re: My Testing n Shooting BH's

Post by xpert1111 »

After a lot of BH testing I myself will no longer shoot anything 2 blade. To me they make slits in deer with very little blood and deer traveled further than any 3 blades I have used. I used 2 blade Rage, 2 blade Dead Ringers and Schwackers. Settled on Spitfire Maxx. Shot a buck at 62 yards with the Spitfires and very happy with them.
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

Did you ever figure out if the Toxic's you used were Chinese copy cat trash, or were they truly real Toxic's ??
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Bullzeye wrote:Did you ever figure out if the Toxic's you used were Chinese copy cat trash, or were they truly real Toxic's ??
They were the real McCoys, i talked to one of the head Honcho's out in MT. He asked if i was wantin some new replacements cause that one failed. I told him i was not interested in BH's breake & i didn't want a free nutten. He said his BH's were the best, i told him they were not even close!
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315