Caustic or inappropriate posts

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

SEW

Caustic or inappropriate posts

Post by SEW »

A sad thing happened. I got a PM asking me a question by a member who was hesitant to make the post on the board due to concern of receiving a demeaning response . That's sad. Incidentally , I didn't have a good answer for his very appropriate question.
I'm a long time member of Doug's Smokeless Powder MLing board. These personal vendettas virtually never go on there. This board is a the most information disseminating xbow board I've encountered. Yet, some negativity exists. My suggestion is to not respond to any inappropriately intended thread or post. Where there is no fuel, the fire quickly goes out.
Additionally, personally aimed barbs , though certainly not in keeping with Matt 7:12 or within the end goal of Gal 5:22-23, if must be made even though they are inappropriate, should be kept to PMs. Some people just need to get a life, true life, Eternal Life. However, that's free choice.
Have said my piece , in peace.
8ptbuk

Re: Caustic or inappropriate posts

Post by 8ptbuk »

Great post SEW ! I'm also a member on Doug's and your exactly right !
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
Canuck Archer

Post by Canuck Archer »

The bets thing IMO is if you feel your post may not be appropriate or if you are really upset about something someone posted go ahead and write your response, then back away for a quick break(COFFEE,WATER,BATHROOM,WHATEVER) then come back and re-read your post again before submitting. I'll bet nine times out of ten you'll change it. :?
If dogs don't go to heaven, I want to go where they go....
retrieverman

Post by retrieverman »

SEW wrote: I'm a long time member of Doug's Smokeless Powder MLing board. These personal vendettas virtually never go on there.
Really?!? I quit that board years ago because of Randy Wakeman and his fan boys.

Every board I've ever been on has had its problems (including Doug's), and every person has to decide how much "drama" they will put up with before moving on. My tolerance for such foolishness has decreased drastically as I've gotten older, and though I appreciate the information on crossbows and crossbow hunting, I won't be staying around for such pettiness.
SEW

Post by SEW »

retrieverman wrote:
SEW wrote: I'm a long time member of Doug's Smokeless Powder MLing board. These personal vendettas virtually never go on there.
Really?!? I quit that board years ago because of Randy Wakeman and his fan boys.

Every board I've ever been on has had its problems (including Doug's), and every person has to decide how much "drama" they will put up with before moving on. My tolerance for such foolishness has decreased drastically as I've gotten older, and though I appreciate the information on crossbows and crossbow hunting, I won't be staying around for such pettiness.
Retrieverman,
A little history. I've been a long time BP MLer shooter/competitor -Friendship, etc. also, a precision reloader. Toby Bridges asked for my help with the preproduction 10-ML in confirming and creating loads. Then the 10ML came out followed by the 10 ML2. The entire time RW was saying how irresponsible we were and many caustic things well beyond that. I am the one who came up with the 408 Win barrel for the 40 cal and the 458 for the 45 :RB had tried the 451 with no success. RB and I were discussing and starting to use duplex loads. RW went ballistic concerning"mixing powders". He maligned us on a # of forums. Got me removed from Modern Muzzleloading Board as the moderators were "under his spell". Later, they saw thru him and I was very politely asked to rejoin. I did but posted little. I held no hard feelings. I had adequately defended the duplex loads and other non-book loads which are now accepted. He was unaware that a # of the loads he was saying to be bound to were tested by me (before going into the owner's manual)and some came from me. During the first 3 years he was attacking vehemently users of smokeless MLers and the 10Ml-2. Then, after TB left the scene, HE, RW, became "the" Sav 10 ML-2 authority.
He came on Doug's for a while but kept his attitude of superiority even though there are members there now who are so far past RB, Me, TB in knowledge (world champion 600M and 1000M record holder -Richard), and others who have taken smokeless MLing beyond my wildest dreams. I was asked by a moderator, who knew of our past, if he should be removed. Wanted to know what I wanted to do about RW. I said let him stay. However, he acted such as that I'm sure he felt very unwelcome. Those who want to follow his thoughts, etc can do so at Savage Shooters. I'm not one of those.
Doug's Boards has a very good group of people , almost all of whom have no agenda whatsoever. I feel outclassed generally in the open talk portion of the forum as they are very well informed, very intelligent, and blessed with a lot of horse sense: the only kind that counts. I just go and read in order to learn.
It's a great board. I recommend that all who haven't visitEd that sight to do so. It also has a bow and crossbow section.
Though I add little to Doug's Modern Muzzleloading Board now, I believe it sets a standard that is hard to approach. I'm honored to just to be a member on it.
There's a lot of "Boo" like people on that board.
retrieverman

Post by retrieverman »

Thanks for the explanation, but I shoot a NULA anyway. :wink:
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

Nice post SEW. I always try to remember "sinner first, sinned against second". Helps me keep proper perspective
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
SEW

Post by SEW »

retrieverman wrote:Thanks for the explanation, but I shoot a NULA anyway. :wink:
What a great choice! I really like the NULA! Unless you want warp speed, a much more practical MLer, IMO .
SEW

Post by SEW »

Concerning Doug's board, there are just so many true authorities on there now. The true initial innovators were Rick Bibby(RB, rip) and Mark Edgerton (Edge). Just go experience this board if you're interested in any kind of MLing. The info is there!
To me, this board is the xbow equivalent.
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

Great post and well said!!!!
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

.....and the crowd stood up and cheered!...Amen Brother Steve!

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings

Post by newbie »

common sense goes a long way. Im too old for so much drama (no offence to the old farts ;) ). I know how to choose what to ignore and what to read.. pretty simple concept to me. Loads of good people and goid info here.
It is sad though someone thinks his question is either stupid or that he will get attacked. IMHO there is absolutely no stupid question, just stupid answers/responses. I ask questions non stop, good way to gain knowledge.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!