Ram cat broadheads

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

kamski1151

Ram cat broadheads

Post by kamski1151 »

I'm hearing and reading great things about the Ramcat BH. Anyone here using them and whats your thoughts , Do they fly as true as advertised ?
GrassyKnoll

Re: Ram cat broadheads

Post by GrassyKnoll »

Well, from my expedience I would say no. I bought two 3 packs and expected for them to fly to the same POI as my Slick Trick 100 grain standards but at 20 yards they landed at 11:00 o'clock and 1.5" high.. At thirty yards they were off even more.. Definitely a nice head.. Easy to get out of the target because the blades swing forward when you pull it out of the target, but then you have to reset the blade and tighten the screw for each blade after each shot.

Also another thing I noticed was that I had to be careful how the blades were orientated because the blades are so big the potential is there for a blade to nick the stirrup if your stirrup is wrapped.. If I set the head where the blades line up with the fletching, the blades would barely miss my stirrup and I think it happened on one of my shots at the target backstop when the arrow took off 3 feet left and about 2 feet high. Imagine that kind of flight at an animal.

I like them and will play with them in the off season and see if I can get them to hit the same POI. From pics I've seen these heads are devastating. Another thing to consider is that the manufacturer is coming out with a new version where the blades are a bit shorter, maybe I was not the only one to be concerned with the length of the blades and my stirrup.
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, Trigger Tech,
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, ^^^
Matrix 380 Blackout with Vortex Viper XBR,
Micro 335 Raid with HHAv Vortex Crossfire II Pro Grade trigger
bob watkins

Post by bob watkins »

i have good luck with ramcats there are coming with a new blade this spring.i have not had a problem with them grouping .i do sight my bh in for hunting only. i really dont worry about where my f;p go as long as my bh fly the same just the way i do it
GrassyKnoll

Post by GrassyKnoll »

bob watkins wrote:i have good luck with ramcats there are coming with a new blade this spring.i have not had a problem with them grouping .i do sight my bh in for hunting only. i really dont worry about where my f;p go as long as my bh fly the same just the way i do it

I may do the same this season.. makes life more simple as I do like the design of these heads.
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, Trigger Tech,
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, ^^^
Matrix 380 Blackout with Vortex Viper XBR,
Micro 335 Raid with HHAv Vortex Crossfire II Pro Grade trigger
Masboy

Post by Masboy »

Ramcats are the best flying fixed blades I ever shot an testing them on bare shafts for accuracy no others compared .that tells a lot about how broadheads fly an then when fletched very forgiving head for me. shot my buck this year with one an devastating results with 40 yd recovery. only thing the blade tips get bent easy an I have more cuts on my fingers from using these than any head I ever shot.

the nice thing is the 1-1/2 cut 125gr. Blades fit the 1-1/4 cut 100gr. heads. they also done great in my penetration test. a fine very sharp head if you don,t mine the blade tips getting bent easy .