Excalibur Mega 405 Question?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

dharris84

Excalibur Mega 405 Question?

Post by dharris84 »

I just picked up a 405 earlier today, while cocking the crossbow a small green square approximately 3/8" fell out from somewhere, it appears to be made of rubber. I think it came from the area of where the string locks back into place when cocked. I thought I saw something green that caught my eye just prior to cocking the crossbow in the bolt groove. It doesn't appear to be anything of importance, just wanted to be certain before I sight it in.

Thanks for help guys, I have a Matrix 380 as well and dont see anything similar of that.

Dave
vixenmaster

Re: Excalibur Mega 405 Question?

Post by vixenmaster »

Came out of trigger yup sumpin needs some tending too. Don't shoot yer 405!
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
dharris84

Post by dharris84 »

I havent put a shot through it, just put it together. What exactly does that do?
dharris84

Post by dharris84 »

Swamp Donkey, I appreciate the response with photo, that appear to be the piece that fell out! havent had it home but a few hours, havent even put a shot through it, a bit disappointing. How easy is that fix?
Boo

Post by Boo »

dharris84 wrote:I havent put a shot through it, just put it together. What exactly does that do?
It's basically a buffer pad, like on a 1911. While it should get re-glued back in, it should not stop you from shooting.
Dave, you did not fill in your location. Where are you from?
Some people just like stepping on rakes
dharris84

Post by dharris84 »

Boo, I apologize, located in Rhode Island. Ill update the profile.

Dave
Boo

Post by Boo »

Your safest route is to call Excalibur. You won't have to cut the warranty tag on the trigger unit. All that is needed is to reglue the buffer back in. If I had to count the number of buffers I reglued, I'd have to take my shoes off :mrgreen:
The US will be getting more warranty stations soon (one will be convenient for you) but you still have to call Excalibur for an RA number. The repair will take all of 20 minutes.
Boo

Post by Boo »

Swamp Donky wrote:Great advice, Don... :wink:
Thanks Gus, that didn't hurt did it? I don't know why you think otherwise but I truly mean you no harm.
dharris84

Post by dharris84 »

Guys,

I appreciate all the help, I have had the 380 for a year and absolutely love it, 5 deer, 1 coyote, and 1 hog later and its still going strong with zero problems. I'm glad to hear that this is an easy fix. I guess it will have to go back but I still have the 380 and the season ends on Jan 31 anyhow.

Dave
dharris84

Post by dharris84 »

Boo/ Swamp Donkey,

Is that trigger assembly something I could remove myself without too much trouble?
Boo

Post by Boo »

You could just shove the buffer back in until you send it in for repair. Look at the picture Gus provided to figure out how much to push it down.
The only bad thing that could happen is if it sticks up too much it will interfere with the arrow going all the way back.
dharris84

Post by dharris84 »

Boo,

How involved is removing that trigger assembly to reglue the pad?
Normous

Post by Normous »

dharris84 wrote:Boo/ Swamp Donkey,

Is that trigger assembly something I could remove myself without too much trouble?
No trouble, remove 4 scope mount screws, next remove two stock to mainframe screws, then remove two screws holding trigger to mainframe. Only standard Allen wrenches required.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Boo

Post by Boo »

Yep, when separating the halves, do it over a towel so you catch the Jesus ball that acts as a safety detent.
The pad is glued to the forward edge of the slot it sits in. Degrease glue surfaces with Acetone. Glue with Loctite and Bob's your uncle! :D
If you have any trouble or questions, do not be afraid of calling me. 416 566 7966
I honestly think all this can wait until you're done your year. How many more deer could you be shooting at for the rest of your season? Again, shoving the buffer back in is an option.
dharris84

Post by dharris84 »

Boo,

Rhode Island gives you 8 archery tags....and I do have plenty of Black Eagle Executioner bolts. Thats what I like about Excalibur, every animal has been a complete pass through....you get all your bolts back :D