Matrix quiver rattles

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

mchurch

Matrix quiver rattles

Post by mchurch »

I was shooting my Matrix 380 tonight and noticed that the quiver rattles. It rattles where the frame of the quiver connects into the hood.
Excalibur Revx
Hawke Xb 30 pro
16.5 inch wyverncreations.com zombie slayers
SWAT juggernaut broadhead
IronNoggin

Re: Matrix quiver rattles

Post by IronNoggin »

Might be a bit of a "weak link". Mine (380 too) actually fell apart in the field. A little dab of epoxy, and Better Than New :wink:

Cheers,
Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
SEW

Post by SEW »

Just what I do. Small field quiver in my pack with 4-6 arrows: FOCs. Hate anything additional on my bow, including a quiver mount even if quiver off. Just my personal preference.
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

My quiver used to rattle as well. It also used to rattle loose. I did a couple things. First, I took some moleskin and cut thin little strips and put them strategically on the side of the male receiver end of the quiver to make it a nice snug fit. It was now quiet but still came loose as I was shooting. So....secondly, I actually drilled and tapped the quiver receiver. Not all the way through but almost. Now when I attach my quiver it attaches snuggly and when I screw it down I screw it right into the receiver. No more rattle and no more noise. I even stuffed foam into the quiver hood to avoid that airhorn affect but even though it was quieter I've since removed it because my arrows tended to vibrate out of the hood with the foam in it. That being said, when I'm set up in a blind I still remove the quiver but if I'm walking or 3D shooting I do enjoy it being quite.
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.