MO Crossbow Hunting Support

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

bigredopie

MO Crossbow Hunting Support

Post by bigredopie »

Missouri is finally looking at including Crossbows in the archery season as a legal option for everyone. Right now they are looking for public comments on this and a couple other proposals both through "townhall" meetings and online comments.
If you are interested in showing your support for the crossbow proposal the web site is:

http://mdc.mo.gov/about-us/public-notic ... t-comments

As Missouri is the "Show Me" state and we need as many folks as possible to "Show Me" their support for this proposed change to allow everyone the opportunity to use a crossbow during Archery season!

I know to many it is a "very radical" step to consider a crossbow to be an archery weapon. They even had a hunter on the local news who has been "using a crossbow for 30yrs" and just had to speak out about how "dangerous" it would be to allow crossbows in the archery season. "They are just like a gun. People will be running off to Walmart, buying a crossbow and taking it hunting without bothering to practice or even learn how to use it." I don't know about anyone else but I spend a great deal of time practicing with any weapon I plan to hunt with well before I ever take it into the woods.

Bottom line is we need to spread the word to get as many folks as possible to show their support both online and, if possible, at one of the public forums they are holding around the state in March.
380 Matrix, Vortex, Y25, Exomag and Brown Vixen
Boo Strings & Big John Arrows to hit 'em
DaGriz Knife and Hatchet Set to Skin 'em
Mo wannabe

Re: MO Crossbow Hunting Support

Post by Mo wannabe »

X2...... What he said
Micro 335 Camo. Micro Nightmare. Vixen Matrix 310 Axiom
Leupold scopes VixenMaster Strings
Big john arrows. BOO strings & things
Montec g5
DaGriz knive
Less work.....more hunt
Derry Hicks
Excalibur only
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

March 5th here at District head Qtr's in this area at the West Plains Civic Center. They want to start it in 2016, the Mo. Bowhunters Assoc. has about 700 members fightin it tooth n nail. They are also goin to cut the 2 Bucks fer archery to one because crossbows are comin. I will be there but the big money boys will keep the floor you can count on that! I done been to couple of them never was allowed to speak. I do talk to my county Conservation Officer, :)
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
bikerbob24

Post by bikerbob24 »

DONE !!!

I have been a crossbow fan for many years as well as an employee [retired in 2007] of MDC. We have had some heated conversations over the years regarding crossbow use. To me it has always been just another form of archery. I really hope this passes . :D
Micro 335
Nightmare 335
Matrix 330
Axiom
Vixenmaster Flemish Strings
K-9 handler and trainer , K-9 Baily my partner for 7 years, we are now retired , spending our time hunting & fishing or just enjoying life.
grouse

Post by grouse »

I went to the MDC site and expressed my support for making crossbows legal during archery season. I also mentioned my opposition to expanding the special youth firearms season. Currently the special youth season is in two segments, the first is the Saturday and Sunday two weeks before the general firearms season and then an antlerless weekend several weeks after the firearms season. Young hunters are eligible to participate during each of 10 years, from ages 6 - 15. I did not bow hunt on the Sat. morn. of this years hunt but I did on Sun. morn. I heard as much or more shooting than I did on the opening morning of the regular firearms season. Statewide over 18,000 deer were killed early firearms youth season. You can call me a crabby old man (correctly) but I never got first crack at the deer for 10 years straight when I was younger and I became a lifelong hunter anyway.
axiom
350 SE
nyexhunter

Post by nyexhunter »

Wish we could get the entire bow season for crossbows here in NY. It's a shame that a vocal group of compund bow guys fight so hard to keep it out.

At some point those that are fighting against it will get old or have physical limitations that will cause them to gain wisdom and change their mind; however, for now they are short sighted and selfish. Everyone gets old, so there will be a time when these individuals that are now opposed will be for crossbows. There will then be more opportunities for women, elderly, youth and disabled hunters to enjoy the season.

As far as a youth gun hunt during bow season, I am not a big fan of it either. If the idea is to make it easier for kids, then make sure that they are warm and cozy for the hunt and allow them to shoot with a gun on a weekend in September instead of when it is colder a month and a half later.

Expanding the crossbow season may allow for the elimination of this ridiculous youth gun thing during bow season as well.[/size]
Mo wannabe

Post by Mo wannabe »

Why are bow hunters against Xbows?.... Why are they against us ?
Micro 335 Camo. Micro Nightmare. Vixen Matrix 310 Axiom
Leupold scopes VixenMaster Strings
Big john arrows. BOO strings & things
Montec g5
DaGriz knive
Less work.....more hunt
Derry Hicks
Excalibur only
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

...I have also submitted my 2 cents to the cause at hand...we must ALL be in the fight no matter what state and at all levels...I am just shocked that this God forsaken state of NJ actually allows the crossbow for the entire archery season....If there was no crossbow season...I probably would never have gotten back into hunting and would be sitting on my couch......Now i look forward to the woods again and the smell of the changing seasons....

God Bless the crossbow and Excalibur.... :D

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Indiana finally came around a couple years ago, I think it should be legal in every state. I you don't like crossbow hunting, you can use your vertical, and no crossbow hunters will complain about it!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Mo wannabe wrote:Why are bow hunters against Xbows?.... Why are they against us ?
This is why so pay attention : "IGNORANCE CAN BE FIXED BUT STUPID IS FOREVER!" I've bowhunted for 27 years, my first two with a longbow then recurve, then compounds for the rest. Even before I had an interest in crossbows I always supported them. As a shop shooter I encouraged people to go the crossbow route if they weren't able to dedicate the time and practice with conventional bows. Yes, you still need to practice with a crossbow but can become proficient much faster. Anyway, after many heated discussions that still occur today I've simply determined that there are a lot of closed minded people who aren't willing to listen to a reasonable point of view. Hence, ignorance can be fixed, but truly, stupid IS forever....end of rant. :oops: :wink:
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
Starvin' Hillbilly

Post by Starvin' Hillbilly »

paulaboutform wrote:
Mo wannabe wrote:Why are bow hunters against Xbows?.... Why are they against us ?
This is why so pay attention : "IGNORANCE CAN BE FIXED BUT STUPID IS FOREVER!" I've bowhunted for 27 years, my first two with a longbow then recurve, then compounds for the rest. Even before I had an interest in crossbows I always supported them. As a shop shooter I encouraged people to go the crossbow route if they weren't able to dedicate the time and practice with conventional bows. Yes, you still need to practice with a crossbow but can become proficient much faster. Anyway, after many heated discussions that still occur today I've simply determined that there are a lot of closed minded people who aren't willing to listen to a reasonable point of view. Hence, ignorance can be fixed, but truly, stupid IS forever....end of rant. :oops: :wink:

X's2! . . . I always get looked down at while at the local bow shop and have noticed they have slowly weeded out the crossbows for their hobby. No worries . . from suggestions or being hexed on the forum, I got my 355 and from listening, reading and asking a bunch of stupid PM questions. I got/get better tech support than I could ever have w/ a shop . . . my wooden nickel

-ken
You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.-Blondie,
The good, the bad, the ugly
MI Yeti

Post by MI Yeti »

Starvin' Hillbilly wrote:
paulaboutform wrote:

X's2! . . . I always get looked down at while at the local bow shop and have noticed they have slowly weeded out the crossbows for their hobby. No worries . . from suggestions or being hexed on the forum, I got my 355 and from listening, reading and asking a bunch of stupid PM questions. I got/get better tech support than I could ever have w/ a shop . . . my wooden nickel

-ken
Yup every archery shop i have been to has been rude regarding my use of a crossbow . one of em charges double to use the range . I have stopped going to archery shops and buy what i need off line .The compound guys hate crossbows and the trad guys hate every one . I don’t get it . I hope things go well for you guys in MO .
Exocet 165 2.5x32 Drop Zone scope
Vixenmaster and Danny miller strings
Gold tip laser II arrows ,Muzzy 235 broadheads
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

Got you one more vote. :D
ehntr

Post by ehntr »

MI Yeti wrote:The compound guys hate crossbows and the trad guys hate every one . I don’t get it . I hope things go well for you guys in MO .
That right there is funny
E/M/MOBUI330 (Finn-esse)
E/M/N335 (Finn-bad)
Click "User Control Panel", "Profile", Location: (you don't have to tell everyone you're "in a van down by the river") but for Pete's sake, what state/prov or country are you in?
DES

Post by DES »

I've noticed that most of the time when the MDC has new proposals it's already a done deal and the input from the public is just for show. Most of the negative comments I hear about using a xbow comes from people that don't want more people out in "their" woods. If it wasn't for being able to use a xbow, I would have had to quit archery hunting.
It will happen, the writing is on the wall!
Excal 350 SE
Stryker LS 390
Scorpyd Vent 150