O / T: My Latest "Toy"

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

IronNoggin

O / T: My Latest "Toy"

Post by IronNoggin »

For better than a decade now, my Partner and I have been churning out Sausage, Burger and so much more.
Through that time, we've gone through a series of grinder / stuffer units.

Kind of thought when we got the last one, that would be it:

And it has served us well. At this point it has consumed hundreds upon hundreds of pounds of pork & venison, and in fact is still running like new today.

But as with Boats, Guns & Bows it seems we can also suffer from the More Horsepower affliction when it comes to grinders. :roll:

About a month ago, I told my Buddy I would likely be looking at latching onto a One Horsepower Commercial Grinder this coming summer - once I'm back working and so have a little jingle that is.

Couple weeks went by, and he called noting Cabela's in Nanaimo had that same model on, for Over $ 200.00 OFF!
Huh? Really??

Had to do a little "creative accounting", but once I determined that price was real, we Pounced!
And today I assembled this Monster Unit for the first time:

Man-O-Man! This thing is HUGE! 60 Pounds dry weight! :shock:
Methinks it would have little problem eating an entire Moose all by it's self! :lol:
This in indeed what I call a Serious "Upgrade"!

Now looking forward to putting it through it's paces. My Bow-Hunting Partner is planning on wandering over later this week, and dragging along the Feral Pig he shot last fall. Turning that Beast into a whole pile of Polish Hunter Sausages should prove to be a Good Test methinks!

Right Looking Forward!!! Image

Cheers,
Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
xcaliber

Re: O / T: My Latest "Toy"

Post by xcaliber »

Looks pretty serious Nog! Nice score!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
dutchhunter

Post by dutchhunter »

that is the top dog for sure .care to tell who is having the sale .I would like to be around to test this pork stuff you will be turning out .I like the sounds of it ,Dutch
addicted to canadian beaver
Starvin' Hillbilly

Post by Starvin' Hillbilly »

Yeah Nog, thats a good one! dad got a commercial one gave to him and we don't fire that thing up unless we got 50 to 75 pounds of grinding to do. it'll eat it semi thawed! can't wait till you start using and sharing up your recipes!

-ken
You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.-Blondie,
The good, the bad, the ugly
Retired CPO

Post by Retired CPO »

Holy Cow! Are you planning to grind bones and all?
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Is that the ATOMIC model? :lol: WOW what a hoss!
Exomag6.5

Post by Exomag6.5 »

So....what are the chances we'll see the previous model up on the Trading Post??? :wink:
I like the old things best....old friends, old knives, classic firearms, seasoned firewood, vintage wine and aged scotch.
Carved limb Exomag
Matrix 355
Too many knives. Favs-my Grandpa's Buck knife, my Dad's Schrade Sharpfinger and my DaGriz.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Thats some serious meat grindin machine, looks like its goin to be jus right fer y'all
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

IronNoggin wrote:For better than a decade now, my Partner and I have been churning out Sausage, Burger and so much more.
Through that time, we've gone through a series of grinder / stuffer units.

Kind of thought when we got the last one, that would be it:

And it has served us well. At this point it has consumed hundreds upon hundreds of pounds of pork & venison, and in fact is still running like new today.

But as with Boats, Guns & Bows it seems we can also suffer from the More Horsepower affliction when it comes to grinders. :roll:

About a month ago, I told my Buddy I would likely be looking at latching onto a One Horsepower Commercial Grinder this coming summer - once I'm back working and so have a little jingle that is.

Couple weeks went by, and he called noting Cabela's in Nanaimo had that same model on, for Over $ 200.00 OFF!
Huh? Really??

Had to do a little "creative accounting", but once I determined that price was real, we Pounced!
And today I assembled this Monster Unit for the first time:

Man-O-Man! This thing is HUGE! 60 Pounds dry weight! :shock:
Methinks it would have little problem eating an entire Moose all by it's self! :lol:
This in indeed what I call a Serious "Upgrade"!

Now looking forward to putting it through it's paces. My Bow-Hunting Partner is planning on wandering over later this week, and dragging along the Feral Pig he shot last fall. Turning that Beast into a whole pile of Polish Hunter Sausages should prove to be a Good Test methinks!

Right Looking Forward!!! Image

Cheers,
Nog

Hey Nog....that's the one that Uncle Vinny, "the chin" used to use for "??? :mrgreen: "...he used to tell us little kids, "it does what it's supozzta do!"....all kidding aside...don't think you will be needing an upgrade from here....I guess now all forum members will be shipping their processing to you :lol: :lol:

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Kegbelly

Post by Kegbelly »

That's a wood chipper :lol: :lol: Great score Nog, I'm sure you'll put it to good use! :D
Matrix 380
18" Zombies, 400 gr w/ 125 gr Magnus Stingers & Lumenoks
Exomag
20" Zombies, 380 gr w/ 100 gr Magnus Stingers
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

Kegbelly wrote:That's a wood chipper :lol: :lol: Great score Nog, I'm sure you'll put it to good use! :D
LOL! Wood Chipper! I LIKE that! :lol:
Exomag6.5 wrote:So....what are the chances we'll see the previous model up on the Trading Post??? :wink:
You're about the fifth or sixth one to ask. LOL!
Really don't know why anyone would be interested - it has in fact run through well over 1,000 pounds at this point! :shock:
We're keeping it around for smaller tasks, movement between sites (this new one ain't likely to be moved around too much!) and "back-up" (although I sincerely doubt we'll need it in that capacity!). You can pick that same unit up on sale just now from Cabelas for $ 179.99 - decent deal for one of this size: http://www.cabelas.com/product/Home-Cab ... t104364180
amythntr wrote:....I guess now all forum members will be shipping their processing to you :lol:
All things are possible... For about half of each critter that wanders over... :lol:

Cheers,
Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Big John

Post by Big John »

Nice Toy !!
Mine is homemade. Definitely jealous!

Big John
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Big John wrote:Nice Toy !!
Mine is homemade. Definitely jealous!

Big John
Hey.....Big John, welcome back :D
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
Shotnbeer

Post by Shotnbeer »

That right there is sweet. For what I shoot, just deer, the small one works great. My buds have the commercial grinders and they are really nice. When I get my first moose I'll give you a call. :D
Talltines

Post by Talltines »

Nog that is awesome. I have been wanting that 1 hp grinder from cabelas for about 8 years. One day it will be mine.

congrats
Scorpyd SLP 165. For now but not for long
New Matrix 405

T/C Encore's MGM 14" 445 supermag
Gary Reeder 16" 41 GNR #2 Encore
Hobie Outback for hitting the Salt.

Too many hobbies and never enough time