Knockoff FOC's

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Razor cut

Re: Knockoff FOC's

Post by Razor cut »

I hope they don't get their hands on Slick Tricks.
Matrix 355
Trigger Tech two stage trigger
ADF scope mount
Hawke XB30 1.5-5x30mm SR compact scope
BEE's 18" arrows
Cheek piece
Matrix suppression system
Broadheads 125gr. Slick Tricks
Xcaliber custom strings
bubba

Post by bubba »

Razor cut wrote:I hope they don't get their hands on Slick Tricks.
I hear that.
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
RexKay

Post by RexKay »

The only damn good import from china was the ring neck pheasant!!
I like things with strings.....
4 Guitars
8 Excals
1 Scorpyd
PSE Tac Elite
13 Grayling Bears
And 2 Hoyts
MI Yeti

Post by MI Yeti »

i emailed NAP when this thread had first started regarding the spitfire , killzone and foc broad heads . this was there response .

Sorry for the delay, we installed a new accounting software and have been in extensive training the last couple of weeks.

To answer your question, all of the broadheads you mentioned are made in the USA, with most of the parts being tool and died in the Chicagoland area.

Paul Grivakis
Accounts Payable
New Archery Products

75OO Industrial Drive
Forest Park, IL 60130
Exocet 165 2.5x32 Drop Zone scope
Vixenmaster and Danny miller strings
Gold tip laser II arrows ,Muzzy 235 broadheads
Boo

Post by Boo »

One issue we have to face is our government's laws on wording. Here in Canada, if a certain percentage of the cost of the product can be attributed to Canada, then it can be called a "made in Canada product" regardless of the origin. Product of Canada is another story but sound the same. I think we all need a pregnancy test :shock:

The new Guidelines introduce a distinction between "Product of Canada" and "Made in Canada" claims. "Product of Canada" claims will be subject to a higher threshold of Canadian content (98%), while "Made in Canada" claims will remain subject to a 51% threshold of Canadian content but should be accompanied by a qualifying statement indicating that the product contains imported content.

http://www.competitionbureau.gc.ca/eic/ ... 03169.html
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Normous

Post by Normous »

[quote=]while "Made in Canada" claims will remain subject to a 51% threshold of Canadian content [/quote]

Just like cheap Tequila from Mexico, if it contains at least 51% Agave is can be labeled as Tequila even if 49% of the headache producing crap is sugarcane.
!00% Agave here.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Pintail

Post by Pintail »

galamb wrote:NAP looks to be one of those companies that designs something new, makes it domestically for a couple of years and once the design is proven/established they move the production off shore.

(two different Killzone's - 1st is the X-Bow version)

G5 is 100% domestic and I have never seen a G5 "knock off" offered anywhere (as one example). That further strengthens my (belief) that it's not that some Chinese guy is reverse engineering and producing a product, but rather they are simply keeping the production line going for another day or two after the "contracted product line" has been run.

That might be a subtle difference, but I have never seen a broadhead that was 100% domestically designed, manufactured and sold popping up on a flea-bay site in China.

And again, that's why it burns me.

If G5 can pay a worker say 200 bucks a day to produce broadheads and they cost 40 bucks for three and Company B gets theirs made paying a worker 200 bucks a month yet charge the same "because that's what the market will bare", they haven't endeared themselves to me.

They aren't farming the work to China because they want to give us a superior product or because they can't find domestic production up to their standards or any one of a thousand other reasons - the only reason it's done is because the "ONLY" thing they care about is maximizing profit.

If G5, amongst others can "survive and flourish", then others certainly can - OR their prices should reflect those savings.
China is one of many countries that will continue to produce cheaper products due to sub standard living (wages) and total disregard for environmental issues( industrial pollution). Maximizing profit is on the forefront of EVERY business large or small, its up to the consumer to find if he or she is getting their money's worth.....
Have crossbows will travel
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

China will be the next Japan, I remember when I was a kid we called items produced in Japan Jap scrap but no one calls it that now right, give China another 10-15 yrs and they will be just like Japan. Let's face it, North America is not the manufacturing kings we used to be, we are consumers not manufacturers now, plus people are so used to buying on the cheap from China that they will refuse to pay twice the price for something made in North America by well paid employees even though they know it's not a good thing.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone