Matrix 380 questions.

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Asking Bowman5

Matrix 380 questions.

Post by Asking Bowman5 »

Hello, im saving up for the matrix 380 blackout and I have a few questions.
Draw- how difficult is it to draw with the rope loader it comes with?
Durability- how long will the bow last without replacing parts?
im going to use this bow to hunt, and shoot targets. will this shoot through the target? if so that's awesome :mrgreen: but want to shoot targets when not in season.
that's all folks, my main concern is the draw weight. im a younger archer, and need to know if ill be able to shoot this long periods of time. im pretty strong and tall so I can reach the string. thanks :D
Hunt it
Location: 35 mins North of Lake Erie and 35 mins East of Lake Huron

Re: Matrix 380 questions.

Post by Hunt it »

I own two 380's. Not hard to draw with pulls provided, unless you have severe back issues you should be just fine. One of my 380's is 2 yrs old and has seen lots of target shooting and hunting with no issues. The other is newer and again no issues.
As for targets, get yourself a good xbow specific target and you should have no problems. Don't shoot at same spot over and over and it should last. I use the Rinehart targets and they hold up very well.

I have owned many excalburs and the 380 is my favourite so far. Great trajectory and very accurate.
Asking Bowman5

Post by Asking Bowman5 »

Hunt it wrote:I own two 380's. Not hard to draw with pulls provided, unless you have severe back issues you should be just fine. One of my 380's is 2 yrs old and has seen lots of target shooting and hunting with no issues. The other is newer and again no issues.
As for targets, get yourself a good xbow specific target and you should have no problems. Don't shoot at same spot over and over and it should last. I use the Rinehart targets and they hold up very well.

I have owned many excalburs and the 380 is my favourite so far. Great trajectory and very accurate.
thank you :) this one looks really good for the quality and I think ill enjoy it as you had.
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Where are you? There are ton's of old Excaliburs, they have a lifetime warranty.
"Eze 18:21"
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Targets a good Spiderweb fer field pts is very good. The Rhineheart 18-1 is good on the BH's. Young n strong, you should be able to use n shoot any model that Excal makes or has made.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

I'll be 56 this year (still don't know just how the hell That happened! :roll: ) and have had No Problems cocking & shooting my 380 up to 75 times per session. That's with one rather seriously screwed up shoulder. Yes, I do feel it a little the next day, but that is generally only the first few times out. After the muscles get used to the effort, that fades quickly into a non-issue.

I've fired my 380 well over 2,000 times now. Never so much as a single issue... ever.

For me this is very much The Perfect Bow. Fast, Hard Hitting, Extremely Accurate and Bomb Proof. Never been Happier with a bow in my life!

I'd be quite surprised if you don't find it to be the same! :wink:

Cheers,
Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Asking Bowman5

Post by Asking Bowman5 »

IronNoggin wrote:I'll be 56 this year (still don't know just how the hell That happened! :roll: ) and have had No Problems cocking & shooting my 380 up to 75 times per session. That's with one rather seriously screwed up shoulder. Yes, I do feel it a little the next day, but that is generally only the first few times out. After the muscles get used to the effort, that fades quickly into a non-issue.

I've fired my 380 well over 2,000 times now. Never so much as a single issue... ever.

For me this is very much The Perfect Bow. Fast, Hard Hitting, Extremely Accurate and Bomb Proof. Never been Happier with a bow in my life!

I'd be quite surprised if you don't find it to be the same! :wink:

Cheers,
Nog
thanks man, it certainly looks like the perfect bow. :) going to get it soon. :mrgreen: bye
Pa.hunter

Post by Pa.hunter »

The 380 is the perfect bow. For me anyway :mrgreen: I am old...... but have no problem cocking or decocking it. Took 2 deer with it this year. One buck which I dropped in his tracks lung,heart and crushed his front shoulders with a spitfire and a doe that went about 30 yards. It's a very hard hitter. I am seriously in love with the 380 :shock: You won't be disappointed in it. I promise :wink:

Charlie
Matrix 405 with Leupold VX-R FireDot duplex
Matrix 380 Xtra with Leupold VX-R FireDot duplex
Matrix 330 with Leupold Crossbones
TriggerTech Matrix hunter 2.5 in all 3
Black Eagles
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

380 is a great choice. Shes a good combo of a hard hitting hunting machine and a hard hitting target killer. LOL. Buy a rhinehart for broadheads and you'll be good. I doubt you will have a problem cocking it.

Mind your brace height at all times!
Edit: that means buying a stringing aid when you purchase your bow
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
bob watkins

Post by bob watkins »

the 380 is my favorite single stage trigger leupold on top hard hitting
SEW

Post by SEW »

vixenmaster wrote:Targets a good Spiderweb fer field pts is very good. The Rhineheart 18-1 is good on the BH's. Young n strong, you should be able to use n shoot any model that Excal makes or has made.
This will make your arrows last longer. "Young" is relative: I'm 67 and still "young" and have no problem cocking the 380 multiple times. How old is your "young"? For a combination of target shooting and hunting, the 380 is my choice; but, there are arguments for the 355 , 330 and Mini also. My primary hunting xbow is a M405.
Be sure to get a stringing aid and a good aftermarket string. Arrows: Executioners or, better yet, Zombies.
Getting the Excal is a great start into the xbow world!
bubba

Post by bubba »

Pick one...They will both work.
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

SEW wrote:
vixenmaster wrote:Targets a good Spiderweb fer field pts is very good. The Rhineheart 18-1 is good on the BH's. Young n strong, you should be able to use n shoot any model that Excal makes or has made.
This will make your arrows last longer. "Young" is relative: I'm 67 and still "young" and have no problem cocking the 380 multiple times. How old is your "young"? For a combination of target shooting and hunting, the 380 is my choice; but, there are arguments for the 355 , 330 and Mini also. My primary hunting xbow is a M405.
Be sure to get a stringing aid and a good aftermarket string. Arrows: Executioners or, better yet, Zombies.
Steve is an older gentleman that took care of his body. I am a much younger old man who didn't. So i struggle to cock the 380 n have never tried kong my 405. I can barely cock my 355, maybe i should have stayd wid me Vixen :(
Half Bubble Off BD360

MI Yeti

Post by MI Yeti »

vixenmaster wrote:
SEW wrote:
Steve is an older gentleman that took care of his body. I am a much younger old man who didn't. So i struggle to cock the 380 n have never tried kong my 405. I can barely cock my 355, maybe i should have stayd wid me Vixen :(
Mike if you get to missing your vixen to much let me know . We can try n work something out .
Exocet 165 2.5x32 Drop Zone scope
Vixenmaster and Danny miller strings
Gold tip laser II arrows ,Muzzy 235 broadheads
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I am good, they were great while i had them. Killed many of tick toter wid'em. New times fer an older hunter, these 2 Matrix models seem to be mighty fine killer's
Half Bubble Off BD360