String question

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Sloppy Does

String question

Post by Sloppy Does »

Are the strings made by various people on this forum for the micro faster and quieter than the stock string? Do they last longer? Im thinking of ordering one and wanted to know what you guys and gals think about them compared to the stock string.
Axe 340
308 SHORT
ZEISS XB 75
xcaliber

Re: String question

Post by xcaliber »

Good question, don't know! I never used the stock string on mine, just slipped on a Flemish right out the gate! I'm not a big fan of Endless Loop strings. Nothing wrong with them, just a personal choice! :wink:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!

Post by newbie »

Flemish on the Micro will be slower the string itself is heavier then the endless loop. Quieter.... guys say yes i didnt notice much difference as the bow is much quieter the any previous Excalibur model.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

FPS speed on the Micro n Matrix ENL that comes on them is yer choice! Reason they weigh less, there are more strands in the Flemish style. Quiet maybe to a deaf deer, i am sure those with good hearin maybe able to turn their back n tell which one is the quietest. The optional strings that Danny Miller makes fer Excal are really good strings. I like to see ppl. use the original string 1st then get their feet wet with an optional string or Custom string makers string/s
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
NEPAbowhunter

Post by NEPAbowhunter »

My experience with stock strings vs custom made strings has been that the serving on a custom string tends to last longer and hold up much better than the serving on the stock strings.
Matrix 355
Bulldog 380
Mission Sub-1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS9N8dEdZCQ
bubba

Post by bubba »

Like vixenmaster said, shoot the one with your bow for awhile, until you have the cocking, putting the safety on, and loading. And when you feel confidant and the routine becomes second nature, then think about a custom Flemish by one of the masters on this forum, for me the workmanship, beauty, and longevity, and performance! Is second to none..
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)