Attempting Bolts

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

No One

Re: Attempting Bolts

Post by No One »

wildcatter wrote:
tripNchip wrote:Just my luck the CO would come along and want to know what I'm doing with the xbow when I can't shoot any fish with it. lol
Sure glad I live in Ohio, we always been crossbow friendly,,, I don't think we were ever restricted weapon wise from using a crossbow,,,, maybe waterfowl,

Yes we where. Two or three years ago we had a 200 # draw limit on crossbows now that has been lifted so I can buy my Matrix 380 now. :D
Matrix 405 Mega ( Sledgehammer )
Black Eagle Executioners
125 gr Grim Reaper Razor Cut.
tripNchip

Post by tripNchip »

I asked a CO 2 days ago why we couldn't shoot suckers with a cross bow and the answer was that when they shot with their compound it was turned down to around 20 lbs and they felt a cross bow was over kill. I asked him if he didn't think a 338 , 7mm mag., 300 mag or bigger wasn't a little over kill on deer at 20 yrds. No answer. Just to much politic's involved in what should be reasonable game laws.
Have a blessed day
Possum

Post by Possum »

I have a dozen 2317 full length shafts sitting in my closet and cabin fever has set in. Thought I would cut and work-em-up for my crossbow BUT before I started chopping I checked and they wont work. As Boo said, they are too big for the latch on both my Trigger Tech and factory triggers. Apparently nothing larger than the 22 series aluminum shafts will work.
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Php 4:13
Lake shooter

Post by Lake shooter »

tripNchip wrote:I asked a CO 2 days ago why we couldn't shoot suckers with a cross bow and the answer was that when they shot with their compound it was turned down to around 20 lbs and they felt a cross bow was over kill. I asked him if he didn't think a 338 , 7mm mag., 300 mag or bigger wasn't a little over kill on deer at 20 yrds. No answer. Just to much politic's involved in what should be reasonable game laws.
Careful there Possum: I was called out not a week or two after joining this forum in the fall of 2013 for pointing out the simple flaws of some state's game regulations!!! :roll: I was accused of bringing up politics, when in fact, I was just stating a simple fact. Some people take that personally, which is darn crazy!

Full disclosure: Here in Arkansas, the Game and Fish Commission is run by a well to do, good old boys club: "the Commissioners", and they frequently make rulings and decisions which result in hunting regulations that have no base in common sense or science! So, for all you PC'ers out there, I'm not pointing fingers at any other state's game agencies and regulations while thinking that ours are second to none!

Well said Possum! 8) :wink:
Possum

Post by Possum »

Lake shooter wrote:
tripNchip wrote:I asked a CO 2 days ago why we couldn't shoot suckers with a cross bow and the answer was that when they shot with their compound it was turned down to around 20 lbs and they felt a cross bow was over kill. I asked him if he didn't think a 338 , 7mm mag., 300 mag or bigger wasn't a little over kill on deer at 20 yrds. No answer. Just to much politic's involved in what should be reasonable game laws.
Careful there Possum: I was called out not a week or two after joining this forum in the fall of 2013 for pointing out the simple flaws of some state's game regulations!!! :roll: I was accused of bringing up politics, when in fact, I was just stating a simple fact. Some people take that personally, which is darn crazy!

Full disclosure: Here in Arkansas, the Game and Fish Commission is run by a well to do, good old boys club: "the Commissioners", and they frequently make rulings and decisions which result in hunting regulations that have no base in common sense or science! So, for all you PC'ers out there, I'm not pointing fingers at any other state's game agencies and regulations while thinking that ours are second to none!

Well said Possum! 8) :wink:

I think you got your post crossed-up. I didnt bring up politics, dont talk politics, dont like politics, I have a younger brother who currently holds an elected office and we dont speak much. I'm an old country boy livin in a cabin by a lake in the woods. I like the simple life unincumbered by poltics.
Lake shooter

Post by Lake shooter »

Just quoting what you said brother, and agreeing with you by the way! Your last sentence in that post was "Just to much politic's involved in what should be reasonable game laws." :wink:
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Living by the water, in the woods, free from politics, are you in heaven? Sure sounds like it! :wink:
Enjoy the simple life! :D
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Lake shooter

Post by Lake shooter »

xcaliber wrote:Living by the water, in the woods, free from politics, are you in heaven? Sure sounds like it! :wink:
Enjoy the simple life! :D
Boy howdy, you said it!!! :D
Possum

Post by Possum »

Lake shooter wrote:Just quoting what you said brother, and agreeing with you by the way! Your last sentence in that post was "Just to much politic's involved in what should be reasonable game laws." :wink:

Just saying it wasnt me talking about the game laws, that was tripNchip. Its no big deal, just dont want credit for tripNchip's post. In my post. I was letting a member know that the 23 series aluminum shafts wont work on my excalaibur trigger or the trigger tech trigger.

It is quiet peaceful here on the ridge, but I dont think a guy can get far enough out in the sticks to escape politics. I live just far enough off the radar that if I want to build a building or put up a fence, I dont have to jump through hoops for truckload of building and zoning permits. They leave me be and I leave them be.
I do see a fish and wildlife officer quite often and I'm glad he comes around as we do have problems with tresspassers and pouching during deer season. I confiscated someones ladderstand and trail camera from my property last year. If they would come back and ask for it back, they could get it back, I just want people to ask before they hunt. Any way this is O/T
Lake shooter

Post by Lake shooter »

Oh yeah, I see now what you're trying to say.

Sorry tripNchip! 8)
Michiganhunter

Post by Michiganhunter »

I use 2216 for my 380 with great success. I also make my own and I use the plastic flat insert for the rear with blazers. My same thought for using the plastic insert was to cut weight at the rear of the arrow and therefore help increase FOC.
I have quite a few 2315 XX75 shafts and will use them in place of the 2216 shafts when and if I need more arrows.
380 Matrix Extra
Hawke XB 30 Compact
Easton 2216 19 " 388gr... 378fps
100gr Spitfire/Wasp Jak-Hammer
Trigger Tech trigger