Super Fast Crossbows

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

vixenmaster

Super Fast Crossbows

Post by vixenmaster »

I started a Topic on CBN about this. There was a Thread listin the fast crossbows, but when it came to Excal n the other recurve. Ppl. started postin that Excals only used a 350 gr arrow n that was really not to be compared to the real crossbows that used 400 gr arrow to get their ratin. So i told tose ppl. that in real life the 405 Matrix could shoot those 350 gr arrow 2000 + times n the limbs would still be in shootin order. I also said that the Compound models would not hold up over 500 shots using the 350 gr arrows. That made who's limbs better :lol: also that makes Excal a WINNER!
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
MI Yeti

Re: Super Fast Crossbows

Post by MI Yeti »

Your gona get flamed pretty bad for that . And i am sure a few will tell you how their Chinese crossbow is better because it was cheap :lol: . Compound bows make sense for vertical bows , not crossbows . not to say they are all bad ,There are some nice compound crossbows out there . but they are not for me . Unless its a bear max point with a pair or two of spare limbs :lol:
Exocet 165 2.5x32 Drop Zone scope
Vixenmaster and Danny miller strings
Gold tip laser II arrows ,Muzzy 235 broadheads
Starvin' Hillbilly

Post by Starvin' Hillbilly »

. . . at a bow shop before christmas, just looking around to see what they got and a customer brought his --- ----- and it it had already swarmed just in zeroing it.
I was creeping on the forum before i bought my 355 and one thing i noticed about Excalibur's and their owners, they hunt, practice and 3D harder than any bunch out there. i also noticed people (Excal' Brethren) hunting w/ confidence in remote hunting places w/o the worry of their xbows . . . sold!

Thanks to Excalibur and their owners for chopping out a trail for us new owners!

-ken
You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.-Blondie,
The good, the bad, the ugly
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I shopped for two years before buying one, kept looking at the wheeled models, then decided to read some forums, glad I did!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
SEW

Post by SEW »

I have a thread on Crossbow Talk (Archery Talk) concerning differences I've noted after 31 years of xbow usage(29 compound and 2 recurve) . Interesting responses. Not all positive :D .
I've been of the belief that an ideally tuned compound would at least equal the accuracy of a recurve. The problem is, you'd almost invariably have to do it yourself. Scorpyd and Mission - no problem, others certainly can be unless you get a xbow press and know what you're doing. Not hard. However, I'm not doing that. With hunting, consistency week to week, month to month is vitally important. The recurve does that. Dependability is vitally important: I've had much greater problems with virtually every compound I've had, and the only problems I've had with the recurves, I've caused myself. Simplicity, durability, accuracy, consistency, adequate speed, great warranty, great support, what more can a person ask? !!
M405 not fast? 393'/sec, 403g arrow, 40 strand string with silencers.

PS I've elected to stay off of CBN, so didn't see your thread.
Last edited by SEW on Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Squatch

Post by Squatch »

I love the simplicity of my M405. I have not been able to shoot outside yet to view it's potential for accuracy, but from what I have read, that should not be an issue. In fact, the only issue I have at all is hearing that some people have limb problems with the M405. I purchased a Micro and traded it for the M405 which was also perfect condition because I wanted a flatter trajectory and more range. Here is my question, and please accept my apology if I am hijacking the thread. Since I am not the original owner, and do not have a receipt, will Excalibur help me out if my limbs do break, or is it my problem?
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Yer good to go, Excal is top notch. They made it they stand behind it!
Half Bubble Off BD360

vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Oh yeah be some over there wantin to roast my carcass. Some of them don't even read what ya type n they be out fer blood quick fast n a hurry! Dang what a life to live always not happy. I am as happy as a duck after a june bug right now. 6" fresh snow on this ridge, won't be goin no where fer 3-5 days. So thats life, i see lots of birds out at the feeder. Nice sight jus watchin them. :)
Half Bubble Off BD360

galamb

Post by galamb »

We sell more "wheeled" crossbows at work than Excal's (and specifically Barnett's).

We also sell more Savage Axis rifles than anything else.

Neither one is particularly suited to a lot of range time or hunts of a lifetime in uber-adverse conditions.

But, both shoot well enough and and are easy enough on the wallet to suit the needs of the guy/gal who goes out for a week drinking with the bunch on their annual pilgrimage and maybe sit the stand long enough to get a shot at Bambi.

And if you only maybe take one or two shots a year some things are "good enough".

I guess just most of us want something a little more than that..
Graham

Micro 340TD, 17" Gold Tip Ballistics (180 gr inserts) - 125 gr Iron Will/VPA/TOTA (504 grains total/21.6% FOC) @ 301 FPS
fredd

Post by fredd »

hey mike i belong to cbn to. i seen that post. i got your back man.
Starvin' Hillbilly

Post by Starvin' Hillbilly »

fredd wrote:hey mike i belong to cbn to. i seen that post. i got your back man.
:wink:
You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.-Blondie,
The good, the bad, the ugly
bubba

Post by bubba »

Personally I have visited other crossbow sites, and have read good stuff from time to time, but over all nothing close to this site... and one C/P made up of mostly people that have been banned from other sites, I own a Excalibur and never plan on using any other crossbow,so for me this is the only forum , and I'm sure mike you are gonna get hammered on cbn, SMILE, but what the hell, just come back home and all will be cool..............
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
StormDragon

Post by StormDragon »

My first crossbow was a Parker BlackHawk, not the fastest out there but i loved how it felt and shot plus its reviews were good.

I then bought a used Scorpyd Vent 125 for a little more speed, nice bow, shot great but it was to heavy and not for me (sold it)

I bought a matrix 355 after selling the Scorpyd, nice bow, reliable, accurate etc but still not for me size wise. I did like the rugged simplicity of it though.

Fast fwd a little...traded in the 355 and the Parker Blackhawk towards My Micro 335 NightMare. Great bow, feels and shoulders similar to the Parker and is rugged, simple and accurate as the 355. Best of "both" worlds in one package.

I might even get another Nightmare 335 to try a different arrow set up etc (plus just to shoot), or a 405 eventually instead but i think the 335 spoiled me LOL.

Bottom line is that although speed is nice, I prefer the simple things the more i get older and if i want a little more speed out of my Micro, i can just put regular nocks in instead of my Ignitors and cut a 1/2 in off the arrows too
Micro 335 Nightmare: Morning Star

Elite Synergy; Krampus
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Starvin' Hillbilly wrote:. . . at a bow shop before christmas, just looking around to see what they got and a customer brought his --- ----- and it it had already swarmed just in zeroing it.
I was creeping on the forum before i bought my 355 and one thing i noticed about Excalibur's and their owners, they hunt, practice and 3D harder than any bunch out there. i also noticed people (Excal' Brethren) hunting w/ confidence in remote hunting places w/o the worry of their xbows . . . sold!

Thanks to Excalibur and their owners for chopping out a trail for us new owners!

-ken
....well said Ken...hopefully our Excaliburs will keep us from being "Starvin Hillbillies" n City Folk!"

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

StormDragon wrote:My first crossbow was a Parker BlackHawk, not the fastest out there but i loved how it felt and shot plus its reviews were good.

I then bought a used Scorpyd Vent 125 for a little more speed, nice bow, shot great but it was to heavy and not for me (sold it)

I bought a matrix 355 after selling the Scorpyd, nice bow, reliable, accurate etc but still not for me size wise. I did like the rugged simplicity of it though.

Fast fwd a little...traded in the 355 and the Parker Blackhawk towards My Micro 335 NightMare. Great bow, feels and shoulders similar to the Parker and is rugged, simple and accurate as the 355. Best of "both" worlds in one package.

I might even get another Nightmare 335 to try a different arrow set up etc (plus just to shoot), or a 405 eventually instead but i think the 335 spoiled me LOL.

Bottom line is that although speed is nice, I prefer the simple things the more i get older and if i want a little more speed out of my Micro, i can just put regular nocks in instead of my Ignitors and cut a 1/2 in off the arrows too

...yea baby....the...Nighmare 335 8) just smokes 'em....

Anthony :mrgreen:
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings