A Better Stirrup

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

coolhl

A Better Stirrup

Post by coolhl »

I was wondering (uh oh!)
when it comes to higher poundage bows perhaps a better ergonomically designed stirrup would make cocking them easier and more precise. with the standard "one foot in the stirrup design" the bow is never perfectly centered with our spine and we must compensate by twisting our backs slightly which is really not good for the lower back and may induce us to pull harder on one side of the cocking rope than the other. with an inverted T bar design both feet could be on the "stirrup" (end of the "T") with the bow perfectly centered.
does this make sense?
norm
vixenmaster

Re: A Better Stirrup

Post by vixenmaster »

I don't have nor use a stirrup on Kong my 405! Less weight on the front, no odd metal noise at the shot :D
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
SEW

Post by SEW »

I think that is a great idea. When we're cocking a 405, there's a lot riding on that stirrup not breaking. That is if we're using a rope cocker.
Boo

Post by Boo »

coolhl wrote:I was wondering (uh oh!)
when it comes to higher poundage bows perhaps a better ergonomically designed stirrup would make cocking them easier and more precise. with the standard "one foot in the stirrup design" the bow is never perfectly centered with our spine and we must compensate by twisting our backs slightly which is really not good for the lower back and may induce us to pull harder on one side of the cocking rope than the other. with an inverted T bar design both feet could be on the "stirrup" (end of the "T") with the bow perfectly centered.
does this make sense?
norm
If you're at Boofest you might get a solution.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
snuffbox

Post by snuffbox »

I fitted a T-Bar to my bows.
We have to cock by hand and I got a wonky foot on the right and a twingey knee on the left.
I can cock nice and central with no body twist whether I choose to use both feet or just one foot.
Lake shooter

Post by Lake shooter »

Man..... Those would have to be some strong legs on either side of the "T" with nothing supporting the open end!
manitou1

Post by manitou1 »

That is a GREAT idea. I wonder why no company has adopted this?
Seems like it would make for an easier access for the feet/foot also.
Hunt it
Location: 35 mins North of Lake Erie and 35 mins East of Lake Huron

Post by Hunt it »

Couple of thoughts, aluminum may not be strong enough and weaken and snap over time with this design? Second thought is that instead of flat T maybe a 2" lip on end of each foot section (90 degree bend/ weld back towards bow) to reduce odds of it slipping off boot and also provide the ability to hang bow from branch/ hook better.
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Just suppose.... it folded back toward the stock to be out of the way while hunting, and ....it swung out into position to cock, and locked at a perpendicular position i.e. bi-pod for shooting off the bench? .....Just supposin'
Heck, I'de buy one!!! :lol:
canoe13

Post by canoe13 »

I am really starting to like this idea.
Mag Air
Sig Sauer Romeo 5
Excalibur Quills
Tooth of the Arrow broadheads
Vixenmaster strings
chenessfan

Post by chenessfan »

snuffbox wrote:I fitted a T-Bar to my bows.
We have to cock by hand and I got a wonky foot on the right and a twingey knee on the left.
I can cock nice and central with no body twist whether I choose to use both feet or just one foot.
Hey, could you post a pic of this? Sounds like something I'd like to adapt...
Excalibur Micro Nightmare and Excalibur Phoenix

Also lots of swords if the arrow doesn't finish the job :D
coolhl

Post by coolhl »

I used to do deadlifts as well as Olympic lifts when younger. everything was about proper positioning to maximize pulling power and minimize potential for injury. The single foot stirrup idea ergonomically is simply wrong. The T bar design makes much more sense. having a swivel to serve as a potential Bipod is also a great idea. It could be connected to the crossbow with a ball swivel so the crossbow could be leveled when shooting.
My patent is pending..Excalibur please talk to my patent lawyer :wink:
norm
coolhl

Post by coolhl »

Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

flightattendant100 wrote:Just suppose.... it folded back toward the stock to be out of the way while hunting, and ....it swung out into position to cock, and locked at a perpendicular position i.e. bi-pod for shooting off the bench? .....Just supposin'
Heck, I'de buy one!!! :lol:
If you can dream it, someone can build it.
This is from this forum years ago..
It was built by a fellow named "isis" (no relation). He did this to defeat the clearance issue with turkey broadheads.

If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Boo wrote:
coolhl wrote:I was wondering (uh oh!)
does this make sense?
norm
If you're at Boofest you might get a solution.

...I have my Passport Application all filled out...and ready to go to the post office...I don't know if i am more excited to meet all of the forum members who attend or to meet the "one person" on the forum who might just be more "height challenged" than me...or so I have heard :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anthony :mrgreen:
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings