Selecting a bow

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

john g

Selecting a bow

Post by john g »

As some of you know in my previous post I had called Danny Miller about the new Micro 335. Well I called him again today to seek more advice & buy the bow. We discussed my age (will be 69 in June) & the struggle I had trying to cock my son's 405. Also mentioned I want to shoot the bow a lot. Guess what! He said "No way should I get the Micro". He suggest I consider the Axiom, Grizzly, or Matrix 310.
The price of the Axiom is $330 LESS than the Micro. My point here is to say this man
is honest as they come. I like folks of principle. I'm looking into these models (probably going with the 310). I'm definitely buying my bow from him. The price he quotes is delivered to your door.
Garry
xcaliber

Re: Selecting a bow

Post by xcaliber »

He's a gem! Congrats on the new crossbow, and happy hunting!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
maine hunter

Post by maine hunter »

Congrats!!! Danny is a great guy to deal and talk with. :D
355 matrix, big johns arrows- zombieslayers, g5 montecs, strikers. Vortex big johns arrows- zombieslayers g5 montecs 125. Lumenoks.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Danny always gives out great advice. Now here is my nickel, get a C2 crank then any model you get will be much easier to cock at any time. Look at the Matrix 330 its one very sweet shootin model
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
bubba

Post by bubba »

Danny Miller is one of the good guys for sure..Will always give him some business,and send others in need to him.........
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
JUDGE

Post by JUDGE »

Go and try some of them . I am 67 and 5' 5" I went and c o c k e d the 330 the 355 and the 380 and did not notice any difference , so I bought the 380 and have been happy with it.
Retired from the Working World

MICRO 355
50 CAL Traditions Pursuit
Mosburg 100ATR 30-06
Henry Lever 22lr
Mosburg 500
Savage 243
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

Congrats on the bow!!
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
Mo wannabe

Post by Mo wannabe »

Hey they are all good just pic out your favorite model
Most people end up with several anyhow :mrgreen:
Micro 335 Camo. Micro Nightmare. Vixen Matrix 310 Axiom
Leupold scopes VixenMaster Strings
Big john arrows. BOO strings & things
Montec g5
DaGriz knive
Less work.....more hunt
Derry Hicks
Excalibur only
coolhl

Post by coolhl »

If you are 69 and NOT in GREAT physical shape you either better do as Danny Miller says or be willing to use the C2 crank if you get a micro 335.
norm
john g

Post by john g »

I am thinking about the crank no matter which model. Hard to take my eyes off the Micro. It got warm enough here today that I was able dig 20 holes transplanting hydrangeas. I think staying active staves off the deterioration. Figure if I get the crank it will extend the shooting time I have left.
Would have ordered the bow Fri. but Danny's wife said he was out of town 'till Sun night. Calling him tomorrow.
SEW

Post by SEW »

I have a 380 & 405 but have also shot the 335 a lot. The 380 is easier. I'd personally consider the 330, if I were you. Have never shot or cocked the 355.
ijb

Post by ijb »

john g wrote:As some of you know in my previous post I had called Danny Miller about the new Micro 335. Well I called him again today to seek more advice & buy the bow. We discussed my age (will be 69 in June) & the struggle I had trying to cock my son's 405. Also mentioned I want to shoot the bow a lot. Guess what! He said "No way should I get the Micro". He suggest I consider the Axiom, Grizzly, or Matrix 310.
The price of the Axiom is $330 LESS than the Micro. My point here is to say this man
is honest as they come. I like folks of principle. I'm looking into these models (probably going with the 310). I'm definitely buying my bow from him. The price he quotes is delivered to your door.
Garry
If by "shoot the bow a lot" you mean shooting 10+ arrows in the course of 20 minutes (like I do when shooting targets), then you should definitely get a crank regardless of which bow you select. Using the cocking rope repeatedly over a short time will tire your arms to the point that you may have trouble holding the bow steady when aiming. This problem is completely eliminated with the crank as it is much easier and puts far less strain on your arms.

Best of luck with your purchase choice.
Matrix 380
Trigger Tech 2.5# 2 stage trigger
Redfield Revenge scope
C2 crank
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

....I am 57 with a bad back and bad shoulders...I am not worried about cocking the 380 (easier than the 335) or the 335 a few times on the day of the hunt...I am worried when I am at the range and cocking 40-? times...hence I bought the C2....

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Big D

Post by Big D »

I have the 330 its a great bow I would definitely recommend and very easy to cock.

Big D