They just don't get it!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

xcaliber

Re: They just don't get it!

Post by xcaliber »

Jealous! :mrgreen:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

xcaliber wrote:Jealous! :mrgreen:
X2....

Anthony :mrgreen:
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Lake shooter

Post by Lake shooter »

taz3 wrote:This a consumer induced issue, I often have this dispute with folks, knowledge comes at a price. Big stores offer a discounted product at the expense of it, and there's the proof. Sometimes a discount, isn't a discount at the end of the day. The local archery shop near me charges a bit more, but the knowledge they have and share, justifies the cost to me. :wink:
The only fly in that ointment is that Bass Pro, Cabelas, Gander Mountain and such ARE "Big Stores", and they are straight retail for the most part. The main time in which they offer some fairly good pricing, but on very few items, is at least mid season, for whatever season you choose.

I have no problem with Capitalism, that's a huge part of what made the USA great. I DO have a problem with all of the above claiming "Great Prices" when they are charging retail, AND THEN have lousy help to boot. The pay thing is a non sequitur with me: nobody in the world deserves "great pay" until they have proven their worth, also a halmark of Capitalism! :wink:

All of this is why I bought my 380 from an "I never heard of them" place online, and got the whole shebang for about $900 with shipping. If you aren't gonna get service, let alone good service, why pay for it????? 8)
Lake shooter

Post by Lake shooter »

My apologies for the double post...... Must have double tapped! :oops:
Last edited by Lake shooter on Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
bubba

Post by bubba »

Big box stores... Sure I have been known to go into a few of them.. My son freaks out Cabelas ,Bass Pro, you know..Dad lets pull over, And I do enjoy walking around row after row, but I almost always walk out with very few items. Why ? Because I can get the product a whole lot cheaper some where else. For me they are ok to go and look at a item that I'm interested in hold it compare it, and leave it.. Then buy from some one I trust for service. Most of these stores are like said, terrible for knowledge on what they are seling,I smile and walk away..You cant fix stupid.
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I have made several purchases from Big Box Stores with no regrets, you do have to be the educated consumer however! :wink:
tripNchip

Post by tripNchip »

I don't have to much trouble with big box stores as the closest one is 80+ miles, but I do see the same thing happening in small shops around here as you see in big box stores. If there were closer stores I would most likely buy more at one when the price was right, after all my little girl works at the head quarters of one of them and she needs to make a living to. :wink:
Have a blessed day
Lake shooter

Post by Lake shooter »

Nobody has said anything about the American society in general. We were taught at a VERY young age that all men were "sir" and all women "ma'am", unless said person told you otherwise. These days and in any store, half the male employees address me as "man" or "dude". So much for the liberalistion of the country, taught mainly in school. I'm not being political here either. The facts speak for themselves! :roll:

If employees don't have enough sense and self respect to use good manners when dealing with customers, why in the hell would anyone think that they would care about learning what it is they're really supposed to be doing? The "I don't get paid enough for" excuse, IS no excuse.

Before anybody jumps on the flame wagon and starts blasting me for something that I did not say, nowhere above do you see or will you find "every" when referring to said workers. Every now and then there are exceptions. Most ironically; our local Bass Pro does have some knowledgable help, but even some of them address me as "man" or "dude".......... :roll: :?
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Hey Man, I hear you Dude! :lol:
Just poking fun. You got that right about the pay, if you take the job, own it. If you want more money, it might come if you are an outstanding employee. Like I said, there is no evidence of training, and that hurts the manufacturer in the end that has the bullet proof warranty! Their name gets associated to the problems, not Cabelas, Bass Pro.
JPjunkie

Post by JPjunkie »

tripNchip wrote:I don't have to much trouble with big box stores as the closest one is 80+ miles, but I do see the same thing happening in small shops around here as you see in big box stores. If there were closer stores I would most likely buy more at one when the price was right, after all my little girl works at the head quarters of one of them and she needs to make a living to. :wink:
80 miles you must live in the middle of nowhere how does your daughter handle that commute :?:
Matrix 405 Boo string Big John arras Praise the Lord For all Things
tripNchip

Post by tripNchip »

My little girl lives in that mile high city about 1000 miles from here. Through her I have gained my first great grand child but she is still my little girl. Don't tell her I said that. :lol: Most of her work is done from her office at home and every few weeks she goes to headquarters for a few day's. Must get her smarts from mom.
I live nortern MN.
Have a blessed day
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Trip, my baby turned 23 today, and she will always be our little girl!
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

xcaliber wrote:Trip, my baby turned 23 today, and she will always be our little girl!
....and rightfully so Dan...always let her know that...she will only understand when she has children of her own....

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Very true Anthony, very true!
tripNchip

Post by tripNchip »

Funny how they seem to think they have grown up and we think of them as that little one you bounced on your knee. Waiting on material to ty fly's for her rite now. Nice to know your still needed. :lol:
Have a blessed day