They just don't get it!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

XcaliburFX

Re: They just don't get it!

Post by XcaliburFX »

The Big Chain Stores and most local bow shops, get their bread and butter from selling mostly compounds and could give a Rat's Arse how a crossbow is setup. So, they get them in boxed, just like we would and open a few up and stick them together, never evening caring about looking at the brace height etc, much less readjusting it. While those of us in the know would adjust it right away if needed.

The sad thing is that the crossbow Dan posted was so far out of adjustment to begin with right out of the box, before "mr put it together bow-shop person" ever even touched it. Still, if they are going sell them, put them together for display or etc etc, they should know how to adjust them if necessary. Given the fact that the new string is going to creep some from the original assembly and boxing before shipping (and even after arriving at the shop), some adjustment will always be needed. With that said, the brace adjustment on the M330 Dan posted is the absolute worst I have ever seen ... either had to be assembled way to low to begin with, something caused even more creep than normal or something ... because that was bad.

Not mentioning names (frankly I forgot it), but a beautiful young huntress had killed a fantastic buck with the Host of a very Popular show. Well, of course the Matrix was across the buck for the photo-op, but I noticed the bad brace height adjustment on it. Bad but not as bad as the one Dan posted. So, to be helpful, I copied the brace height adjustment directions etc and image form here and messaged her with it. About 2 months later I get a return message, "Thank you, I had no idea, I just shot the new bow they gave me to hunt with." Now folks that is truly sad, as a veteran hunter hosting a well known Hunting Show that is Televised and pics are to be posted everywhere, you would think that they would get the equipment right for at least the dang photos. Not to mention the fact that that beautiful young lady could have seriously been injured if the limbs had exploded or something. But no, they just unpack them stick them together and let their guests shoot them, as well as themselves sometimes.

As Dan said, They Just don't Get It, and I'll add nor do they care. Crossbows need a little adjustment also, and it looks bad for Excalibur Crossbows when the product they probably furnished the show, as a show sponsor, is displayed in such a way.

And to top it off, think of how many warranty issues could have been avoided it the bow shops had of checked the crossbow out and made the necessary adjustments before selling them, ... you know like how they do the big name compounds etc.
Last edited by XcaliburFX on Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Assassin 360 Strata
BEA Zombie Slayer - BEA Executioner
Boo/VixenMaster/Xcaliber/NCHunterKW Strings
XcaliburFX

Post by XcaliburFX »

xcaliber wrote:Trip, my baby turned 23 today, and she will always be our little girl!

Tell her Happy Birthday from Georgia Dan! :)
Assassin 360 Strata
BEA Zombie Slayer - BEA Executioner
Boo/VixenMaster/Xcaliber/NCHunterKW Strings
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I will do Vic! :wink:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
tripNchip

Post by tripNchip »

Yes wish her a happy one and hope she is doing well in her new profession.
Have a blessed day
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

She had a great day TnC! Her group from work took her out after work, she works in the loop, and her sister drove up to meet with the "Gang", they had a blast. To be that young, and carefree. Memories, aye! 8)
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!