They just don't get it!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

xcaliber

They just don't get it!

Post by xcaliber »

Went to Cabelas to pick up my Field Pod and decided to check out crossbows, and stuff. Look at how low the one on the right is, 1/2" below the line! I asked the young man at their archery dept. if this was normal for the crossbow string to be so low, and he just shrugged! 8) That means I don't know where i come from! :lol: :lol: A bit of training goes a long way, so I spoke with him for about 10 minutes, and he thanked me, said he had no idea. I hope this gets some traction folks! :wink:

[URL=http://s1339.photobucket.com/user/xcali ... 7.jpg.html]Image
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Starvin' Hillbilly

Re: They just don't get it!

Post by Starvin' Hillbilly »

NOOOO that aint low at all! :shock:
-ken

PS . . .405 looks hungry for the REDS too!
You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.-Blondie,
The good, the bad, the ugly
Lake shooter

Post by Lake shooter »

No matter where you go anymore, it's usually the same crap. Knowing the products and providing customer service has been replaced by lip service. It's ironic to me, because I would think that in this economy and a REAL unemployment rate of about 11%, people would give a crap about their jobs. The problem lies in the fact that --it rolls downhill..... If the managers don't know or care to know, why should the "hired help"? :)

Perfect example, and along this same thread line: I was in the local Bass Pro a couple of months back looking at the Excaliber strings, and they has the supposed correct part # for the Matrix 380. I told the dude behind the hunting desk that the string looked too long, but he knew absolutely nothing about Excalibur and the parts, only the claptrap on the computer which said it was the right string, but it wasn't!

Same time, same place: I was wanting to compare the weights between two quivers and asked if he had an archery scale back there. He said no. I pointed over to the rack and told him that there were 4-5 hanging right there, but he said he couldn't open those!!!!!! This is in the Archery/hunting section of Bass Pro, with literally tens of millions of dollars in inventory in stock, and they don't have a freaking scale to use for their customers?????? :evil:
Starvin' Hillbilly

Post by Starvin' Hillbilly »

LMBO! . . . Sounds like the one in SGF, Mo. I flag it, move on. :wink:
-ken
You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.-Blondie,
The good, the bad, the ugly
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Sad really. They can afford to train these guys, and the customer service would improve their customer base, no doubt in my mind. The bad thing is, when people have trouble with their Excals. it goes against Excalibur, not the local yahoo!
JPjunkie

Post by JPjunkie »

You get what you pay for including help If they paid well they would get knowledgeable people you pay pennies you get kids looking for spending money have not seen any experienced people at Bp or Cabelas and are not going to anytime soon its a shame but that's reality that's why I just stop for supplies not advice and the view from second floor :mrgreen:
Matrix 405 Boo string Big John arras Praise the Lord For all Things
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Ok ppl. there are places to buy from & it ain't those big box stores. Bass Pro & Cabela's are good stores jus not fer our crossbows or repairs, lets face unless its really on sale they are too high priced
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

You are right on that Mike! I wanted that Field Pod from Caldwell, but wernt paying no $109. for it, well, $69, I'm in. :lol: Same with them thick Cabelas sweat shirt hoodies, $49.99, NOPE, $24.99, YEP! :lol: :lol:
Walkin

Post by Walkin »

WSS here in town used to be a great hunting and fishing store; that was before it was sold to UFA a number of years back.

I'm not sure if anything has changed there but I doubt it; anyways, when I was there buying a crossbow all of their "new" Xbows were also the demos. They have a little range set up in the back which is to their credit, but anyone wanting to try out a crossbow need only have asked and the sales people were more than happy to take it off the rack and let you wing a few arrows after which it went back on the display rack. Stock that was actually new was non existent or maybe they had one of them. The fellow working there told me that they(staff) would wing away arrows when it was slow....then place the bow back and sell it to the next sucker....well used in most cases.

I think that UFAs' lack of commitment to keep any inventory at all had a lot to do with it but what a sham that place is.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Hey Hero. I see you got some smoke coming off the 405! :wink:
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

....I can tell you, my experience from a local, "well known" archery pro shop in northern NJ who is an Excalibur dealer...I will not mention names because I know that my NJ brethren will certainly recognize the name...

....in any event I went in there a while ago to pick up some Diablo's for my 380 (back in the day before a Zombie voice came from below calling me)....when I spoke to one of their main salesmen whom I had known from my compound days asking him for some of the arrows....he pointed me to a dusty corner near where the exit sign was....

....They were a compound and traditional archery place with bow presses and all of the accessories to suit up their top brand; "Matthews"....they were all proudly displayed in the front for all to see.... along with their "Mission" crossbows....the poor selection of Excalibur's were relegated to near the store exit....and this was a dealer...

....it was obvious that they didn't care much for their dealership with Excalibur...I take that as a complement to the Excalibur name and the fact that they don't need servicing and are easily maintained...

....my point is, if a dealer doesn't show much effort in displaying and selling the brand...how can one expect the box stores to do any better...

....I guess it is US who sell the brand to others...I know with me I have now sold 4 Matrix' just by word of mouth...I am sure I have sold others because I have seen some activity on the NJ Hunter's Forum that has come through member's PM'ing me and asking my opinion...

....now if they would only put a decent scope on their bows and provide a stringer, life would be good!

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
taz3

Post by taz3 »

This a consumer induced issue, I often have this dispute with folks, knowledge comes at a price. Big stores offer a discounted product at the expense of it, and there's the proof. Sometimes a discount, isn't a discount at the end of the day. The local archery shop near me charges a bit more, but the knowledge they have and share, justifies the cost to me. :wink:
Phoenix Crossbow
Outdoors and Cars
I'd rather be hunting
StormDragon

Post by StormDragon »

Both the "local" shops I go to are about 30-45 minutes from me and both offer customer service that's worth the trip.

I don't expect them to bend over backwards for me but I do ask that they know there stuff.

Sadly in today's age that's alot to ask for in itself.
Micro 335 Nightmare: Morning Star

Elite Synergy; Krampus
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

That's wicked fast! 8) You do have a back brace hangin round, aye! :lol:
JPjunkie

Post by JPjunkie »

amythntr wrote:....I can tell you, my experience from a local, "well known" archery pro shop in northern NJ who is an Excalibur dealer...I will not mention names because I know that my NJ brethren will certainly recognize the name...

....in any event I went in there a while ago to pick up some Diablo's for my 380 (back in the day before a Zombie voice came from below calling me)....when I spoke to one of their main salesmen whom I had known from my compound days asking him for some of the arrows....he pointed me to a dusty corner near where the exit sign was....

....They were a compound and traditional archery place with bow presses and all of the accessories to suit up their top brand; "Matthews"....they were all proudly displayed in the front for all to see.... along with their "Mission" crossbows....the poor selection of Excalibur's were relegated to near the store exit....and this was a dealer...

....it was obvious that they didn't care much for their dealership with Excalibur...I take that as a complement to the Excalibur name and the fact that they don't need servicing and are easily maintained...

....my point is, if a dealer doesn't show much effort in displaying and selling the brand...how can one expect the box stores to do any better...

....I guess it is US who sell the brand to others...I know with me I have now sold 4 Matrix' just by word of mouth...I am sure I have sold others because I have seen some activity on the NJ Hunter's Forum that has come through member's PM'ing me and asking my opinion...

....now if they would only put a decent scope on their bows and provide a stringer, life would be good!

Anthony :)
Are you a politician or what :lol: :lol:
Matrix 405 Boo string Big John arras Praise the Lord For all Things