O/T Cuttin down Trees

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

vixenmaster

O/T Cuttin down Trees

Post by vixenmaster »

Well i can tell y'all every time i have to cut down a tree, my a** puckers anymore. Since that run-in i had with that Widow-maker. Well the winds were high again yesterday but we were down to 1 days supply of firewood. So i bundled up n went to cut the tree, man its like a Fear of them gettin me now. It takes all my fortitude to cut a standin tree, let alone doin it with 6" of snow N slick ice on top of it. I can tell you i ain't never run from nutten in my life, but now when i see the tree jus start to move i drop saw n scoot away. Whats worse is it didn't go down us stood there wigglen back n forth. So i had my notchin it n picked up saw n started cuttin thru. It let go n i was gone like quick fast in a hurry. So glad it was done now i will have to go out friday to cut anudder one, :(
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
bubba

Re: O/T Cuttin down Trees

Post by bubba »

Just be extra care full mike.. Like you know they sure can be widow makers. You don't have electric up there? Take care.....
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

bubba wrote:Just be extra care full mike.. Like you know they sure can be widow makers. You don't have electric up there? Take care.....
No Commercial power, we don't qualify, don't have 60' of easement fer them to bring poles n line up to our place. Man that owns the 5 1/2 acres of rocks down in front of us. Told us we could buy it fer $15,000, its not fit fer anything cept a few tree rats. Its not a good buy, but its costin us everything we have on SS to keep Gen. charginbattery bank. Its bad overcast here durin the late Fall most all Winter. We didn't knowed that prior to buyin our parcel of land. Hey we did it now we live wid it. Live n learn!
Half Bubble Off BD360

Normous

Post by Normous »

Be real careful Mike.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Starvin' Hillbilly

Post by Starvin' Hillbilly »

Jus be careful and w/ them things, dad like's to cut'em down low, I cut'em waist high so i's can run if I have to! . . . and on this snow and ice! be careful Mr. Mike!

-ken
You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.-Blondie,
The good, the bad, the ugly
coolhl

Post by coolhl »

[quote="Starvin' Hillbilly. I cut'em waist high so i's can run if I have to! . . .

-ken[/quote]

So do I, and more than once I left the Stilh stuck in the tree when it went the wrong way....got to use those wedges more...
Norm
bubba

Post by bubba »

From south ms, to the hills of mo, With no electric now that's getting away. I don't mean to be nosey but do you have running water? how big is your cabin? I have had thoughts of moving up into ky, a few times, still have some family up there. But always changed my mind, I do love fl, and most of the convenience of here. Hang in there, you hear.....
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
StormDragon

Post by StormDragon »

Careful out there.

Cant you use dynamite where your at? Tie a stick to an arrow, load it into KONG and let it rip. target practice and tree removal all in one, plus you dont need to be near or under them. WIN WIN for everyone except the trees! LOL
Micro 335 Nightmare: Morning Star

Elite Synergy; Krampus
dutchhunter

Post by dutchhunter »

I hate to hear stuff like this you have to be 100% confedent when cutting standing trees .I have cut thousands of them and thy always give me a second of fear but you must be 100% at your game when you start in to a tree .pick your days to cut and allways have the wind in your favour .study the tree well before cutting and once you start put everything in to it till it is on the ground ,I have seen trees spin on the stump and do all kinds of crazy things and still get shocked every once in a while .we have a ton of dead trees standing from the ash bore beattel.and thy are the worst to cut but make the best fire wood as thy season right were thy stand ,best of luck my friend any chance you can get some young buck to help you fell the trees ,becarefull we lost a old family friend who has cut trees for a living for over 50 years he got pinned under a tree out in the bush all by himself ,his wife called his son to go look for him when he did not come up for dinner .his son found him pinned under a limb that brock off and he may have came out of it if he had not been by himself .thy could tell he struggled to get out form under the limb but he did not make it ,always have some one around to help or atleast get help .please be carful ,,Dutch
addicted to canadian beaver
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Be careful Mike.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

bubba wrote:From south ms, to the hills of mo, With no electric now that's getting away. I don't mean to be nosey but do you have running water? how big is your cabin? I have had thoughts of moving up into ky, a few times, still have some family up there. But always changed my mind, I do love fl, and most of the convenience of here. Hang in there, you hear.....
After 5 yrs of haulin couple barrels of water every week. We gotstid us 450' deep Well, & bought a gen. to run the pump. I pump up 200 gals at a time into the barrels. We have 2 cabin's, a 12'x18' thats our kit-chen n food supply cabin. The 2nd cabin we got 2 yrs ago fer our bedroom. Its 12'x24', if'en we ever sell out we had thought about Ky. & N Carolina Smokey Mtns. I am like my Pa but listened to my Mrs.. My Pa said if'en you can see anudder ppl. fire burnin they are too close. My Mrs wanted to move over here to be closer to daughter n grandchildren. I wanted to live in Idaho up along some way back trout stream
Half Bubble Off BD360

bubba

Post by bubba »

You are something else mike..One of a kind for sure. Be safe up there ,and like mentioned if possible try and get a little help with that tree...
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Living the way you want makes for a good living. :wink: Lots of folks don't know what it's like, and never try. You are one tuff man Mike!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
coolhl

Post by coolhl »

Mike, Henry David Thoreau would be proud of you...
norm
Waif

Post by Waif »

Always best to have concern when cuttin.
Too confident is worse than bein jumpy.
Axiom.S.M.F.
S5s,cheek piece,firebolts, Original Rocket Steel heads.
Bushnell yardage pro on Excalibur mount.

Exomax.
Hawke 1.5-5x32ir SR.
Easton xx75,s 2219. Bolt-cutters.
Bunch of bumpers.
Vixenmaster! string.