Custom Bolts- Wrap em or no??

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

drkeenan

Custom Bolts- Wrap em or no??

Post by drkeenan »

Hi All,
I'm thinking about trying my hand at making some DIY Bolts. Do you recommend a wrap before fetching or no...... and why? Also your thoughts on best equipment to get started on the cheap.
Thanks,

John
Micro 355 - (Mortal Cause II)
Stock String
Black Eagle Executioner Bolts
Tact Zone Scope
NAP SpitfiresXXX - 100 gn
ATN Shot Trak Video Camera
ehntr

Re: Custom Bolts- Wrap em or no??

Post by ehntr »

I have got a ton or two of wraps (literally hundreds) that I'm not using much anymore.......not for crossbow arrows anyway. I find that the wraps leave a residue on the rail and if you shoot the arrow enough the wrap will eventually wear right through where it rubs along the rail. Hey, they look cool but I just don't like what they leave behind on the rail. If you are going to wrap your arrows............on the cheap............I went to a decal supply company and bought sheets of decal material..........3M stuff I think? It was a long time ago in a city I no longer live in where I bought the decal material from........but I have enough for the rest of my life :lol:
Don't look at the serving........look at the yellow on the rail.......from yellow wrapped arrows...
Last edited by ehntr on Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
E/M/MOBUI330 (Finn-esse)
E/M/N335 (Finn-bad)
Click "User Control Panel", "Profile", Location: (you don't have to tell everyone you're "in a van down by the river") but for Pete's sake, what state/prov or country are you in?
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

X2. They look nice, but not for long.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

I wouldn't put them on. They're purely cosmetic and if you need to strip off any wrecked vanes good luck. The most effective method I've found is to use the Arizona Rim Easy Fletch Bolt, acetone for cleaning and prepping the shaft and parts and Flex Fletch 'Zing' primer for prepping the vanes. The best glue I've tried so far is the G5 Blue Glue.
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.