New Jersey turkey permit

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Jcomer

New Jersey turkey permit

Post by Jcomer »

My daughter and I got our New Jersey turkey permits yesterday it will be are first time hunting with crossbow and her first turkey hunt.
Fletch2

Re: New Jersey turkey permit

Post by Fletch2 »

Have fun :D
2012 vortex
vixenmaster string
bubba

Post by bubba »

And good luck to both of you,, Turkeys are all ways a challenge.
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
maine hunter

Post by maine hunter »

Congrats!!! Good luck And post pics' !!!! :D
355 matrix, big johns arrows- zombieslayers, g5 montecs, strikers. Vortex big johns arrows- zombieslayers g5 montecs 125. Lumenoks.
Jcomer

Post by Jcomer »

Thanks all ,this should be a great adventure for both of us.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

...I drew Area 1 Period E in both lotteries...which means I will have the 5 Saturdays beginning with the last one on April...this will be my first turkey hunt in about 17 years...planning on using the "Bada Bing"....my Nightmare 335 8) ....

....so looking forward to it....

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
StormDragon

Post by StormDragon »

amythntr wrote:...I drew Area 1 Period E in both lotteries...which means I will have the 5 Saturdays beginning with the last one on April...this will be my first turkey hunt in about 17 years...planning on using the "Bada Bing"....my Nightmare 335 8) ....

Congrats everyone and
I won my first lottery permit choice for Period E Area 16 but didn't win the second one for either sat or first week (first and second choice) oh well
One is better then none and I can possibly buy a second one.
Gotta shoot one this year (sat best chance I think)
Funny thing is, I won both permits, both first choices (first week and last I think it was) last spring first time ever going for them.
At least I got one and now they have fall for my area now too

Me and Witching Hour vs the Turkeys BRING IT!
Micro 335 Nightmare: Morning Star

Elite Synergy; Krampus
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

StormDragon wrote:
amythntr wrote:...I drew Area 1 Period E in both lotteries...which means I will have the 5 Saturdays beginning with the last one on April...this will be my first turkey hunt in about 17 years...planning on using the "Bada Bing"....my Nightmare 335 8) ....

Congrats everyone and
I won my first lottery permit choice for Period E Area 16 but didn't win the second one for either sat or first week (first and second choice) oh well
One is better then none and I can possibly buy a second one.
Gotta shoot one this year (sat best chance I think)
Funny thing is, I won both permits, both first choices (first week and last I think it was) last spring first time ever going for them.
At least I got one and now they have fall for my area now too

Me and Witching Hour vs the Turkeys BRING IT!

....George....hopefully it will be the "Witching Hour" and a "Bada Bing" for both of us this turkey season ...

In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
StormDragon

Post by StormDragon »

Hopefully Anthony, last year planted the seed of despise for the Evil Feathered Demons. It's been steadily growing since then.
Micro 335 Nightmare: Morning Star

Elite Synergy; Krampus
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

....unfortunately a good friend of mine who coaxed me back into turkey hunting was declined on both lotteries...go figure...hopefully he will prevail in the OTC sales...

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
dutchhunter

Post by dutchhunter »

you guys have lottery draws for turkeys wow ,we buy are tag and hunt the full season ,most years we may buy a second tag as well ,how does your lottery work and how long are your seasons ,are season runs from the last week of april to the last week of may ,some areas do not have sunday gun hunting but you can still bow hunt them ,Dutch
addicted to canadian beaver
seabee401

Post by seabee401 »

dutchhunter wrote:you guys have lottery draws for turkeys wow ,we buy are tag and hunt the full season ,most years we may buy a second tag as well ,how does your lottery work and how long are your seasons ,are season runs from the last week of april to the last week of may ,some areas do not have sunday gun hunting but you can still bow hunt them ,Dutch
Yea it's all about money here. That's why many permits are ala-cart. Separate permits for each week of turkey. Bow license,permit bow license, winter bow license. Permit bow buck stub. Permit muzzle loader buck stub. Etc. add it all up and it's cheaper to hunt as a non resident in Pa. Which is what I do. Not to mention the senseless firearm laws. In Pa You can actually stop to get gas coffee or take a leak legally while on your way to and from range or state game lands.Pa is the place to be. Not too good in nj. Can't wait to get out.
Phoenix I, Phoenix II, Excocet 200, Vortex, Matrix 350Se, Matrix 330, Matrix 310
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

seabee401 wrote:
dutchhunter wrote:you guys have lottery draws for turkeys wow ,we buy are tag and hunt the full season ,most years we may buy a second tag as well ,how does your lottery work and how long are your seasons ,are season runs from the last week of april to the last week of may ,some areas do not have sunday gun hunting but you can still bow hunt them ,Dutch
Yea it's all about money here. That's why many permits are ala-cart. Separate permits for each week of turkey. Bow license,permit bow license, winter bow license. Permit bow buck stub. Permit muzzle loader buck stub. Etc. add it all up and it's cheaper to hunt as a non resident in Pa. Which is what I do. Not to mention the senseless firearm laws. In Pa You can actually stop to get gas coffee or take a leak legally while on your way to and from range or state game lands.Pa is the place to be. Not too good in nj. Can't wait to get out.
....stop sugar coating it Seabee401....tell us how you really feel about the armpit of the USA....

ANthony :)

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
seabee401

Post by seabee401 »

:lol: :lol: :lol: !
Phoenix I, Phoenix II, Excocet 200, Vortex, Matrix 350Se, Matrix 330, Matrix 310
GGC

Post by GGC »

With all the bears in and around Sussex County you would be better off with a spring bear tag, maybe some day for NJ.