Deer n Seein Them

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

grouse

Re: Deer n Seein Them

Post by grouse »

I'm not complaining that our archery season is too short, I was merely pointing out that our season is shorter than Arkansas's. In Missouri crossbows are legal during the archery season only for people with a disability authorized by a doctor (I have a bad shoulder). We're working on changing that.
axiom
350 SE
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Its all good, Ark. wants to kill out their deer. Farners be sayin too much crop damage down there
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Lake shooter

Post by Lake shooter »

You won't find me being a (big) cheer leader for the Arkansas Game and Fish Commission as far as the hunting side of things go, but I wouldn't go that far. "Killing out all of our deer" is a non sequitur.

I actually think that they have done a better than average job at managing the deer herd in the last 20 years or so. Having said that, I stopped calling them about violations years back because they simply refused to respond to reports of illegal standa, bait, etc. THAT really pisses me off, because they give lots of lip service to such things.

At least we don't have 20-50 does for every buck that lives, and a dead deer every few miles on the major highways, something that MANY states are guilty of! :wink:
When I first started deer hunting, that first sentiment was close to the norm, and narry a buck over 2.5 years of age except for deep in the woods, in the thick bottoms of the agricultural east and on SOME $$$$ leases, and very few of those.

All of that has changed, and it's a BIG improvement over the "good old days"! :D