Ground squirrels scream ultrasonic warning

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

A.W

Ground squirrels scream ultrasonic warning

Post by A.W »

[img]http://photobucket.com/albums/b38/allan_w_/th_tinybuck3hj1.gif[/img]

Exocet your options and exCalibur8 your sights.
RJ not logged in

Post by RJ not logged in »

AW : cool article .... go to www.dogbegone.com you will see a few of his relatives that didn't get their warnings of quick enough to save them from these predators !
Red Label

Post by Red Label »

I was watching a show the other night where some guy takes a big commercial vaccum truck, sticks a 4" hose down the hole and plugs the other holes. He sucks up prairie dogs for a living! The little buggers shoot into the tank where they hit a big piece of foam rubber.....he catches up to 150 per day and transplants them to non-agricultural areas.

I like the dogbegone method better though.

Mike
RJ not logged in

Post by RJ not logged in »

Mikey : I saw that same show awhile back . Pretty cool extraction method !! Except for a bit of a wild ride the little beggars where not any worse for the wear !

I belive the guy was providing a service to farms where he was allowed to hunt and releasing them on farms that he couldn't hunt :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
GREY OWL

Post by GREY OWL »

Here in Saskatchewan the Wildlife Federation had a gopher derby. Twenty dollars to enter, the person with the most gophers wins a brand new rifle. I believe the kid that won had 4594 gopher tails, and that's just the winner. Thousands and thousands more were dispatched by the losers.

I've gone myself, and shot 500 rounds no problem in one afternoon. Ruger 10/22 with 3, 25 shot clips. One afternoon while hunting, I could hear a rumbling and snorting, just moments later 25-30 horses came flying over the hill, mere feet from me, scared the living beegeejus out of me. Funny these animals even had healthy legs with that many gopher holes in that pasture.

Grey Owl
GREY OWL

Post by GREY OWL »

Forgot to mention, this derby lasted all summer, a way to thin out the gopher population in the province.

Grey Owl