Global Warming

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

SEW

Global Warming

Post by SEW »

:D I'm getting sick of this global warming, this spring. Tomorrow, here in Arkansas, a southern state, low of 3 degrees F (for you Canadians , 29 degrees F below freezing divided 1.8 = -16C). Likely not cold for tough Canadians, but cold down here with high humidity and 15 mph winds. However, I'll go sledding with my grandson.

My back yard, yes, that's blowing snow, again. As this moves eastward, it'll likely get stronger and affect you even more. Most of you get hit harder than this little core group of Excal shooters here in AR and SE MO. So we're not complaining. Still, many of us are tired of this global warming regardless of our having it easier than most of you.
xcaliber

Re: Global Warming

Post by xcaliber »

I feel your pain brother. Day light savings time this weekend, and not a day in the 40's yet! :shock:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

.....I absolutely LOVE this weather...snow, cold, dark....makes me long for April 15th, when I come alive again and get to live my 9 month of the year life....Would love to move to Maine for retirement but wife will have no part of it.... :cry: :cry: :cry:

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Lake shooter

Post by Lake shooter »

You said it brother! I'm sick to death of this crap..... We have about 2" of solid sleet outside, and still coming down. As much as I HATE snow, sleet is way worse when it comes to driving conditions and bringing the power lines down! :oops:

I'm all for REAL global warming, and say bring it on! Al Gore, Obama and all the rest can stick it with their BS global warming that any sensible person knows is political hogwash. Cripes, Boston has record snowfall, and they have been keeping records for a LOOOOOOOOOONG time up there!

This time last year our Daffodils were blooming. We have a bunch in our big back yard, and ONE made the mistake of blooming a few days ago, and the temps in low teens killed it!
MI Yeti

Post by MI Yeti »

I guess I must be crazy , I can't stand summer heat .I'll take winter over it any day . Anything warmer than 75 and i'm sitting in front of the a/c If at all possible .I'm surprised i got as much done on my truck last summer as i did . It was far to hot and humid .
Exocet 165 2.5x32 Drop Zone scope
Vixenmaster and Danny miller strings
Gold tip laser II arrows ,Muzzy 235 broadheads
Lake shooter

Post by Lake shooter »

There's a reason that you live in Michigan!!!!!

Cripes..... Arkansas is WAY too far morth for my tastes! Give me a T shirt, shorts and flip flops and I'm a happy camper! :D

Just drove the wife to work. A good 6" out there and still coming down, and the bottom 3 (at least) is sleet. The roads are passable with smart driving and lots of care, but they SUCK, as does winter, as does cold, ANYWHERE!!! :oops:
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

FT.Worth, TX is solid white this a.m.. With no snow equipment, this just paralyzes the whole city. Schools closed, businesses closed,etc SUCKS BIG TIME!!! Got too much to do to be sitting here at home all day. BAH!!!
Kegbelly

Post by Kegbelly »

I heard that! Down here in in the Heart of Dixie we got 10" of snow a week ago, and some areas had up to 14". As I type this we've got a nasty mix of sleet and freezing rain coming down. I know this is nothing compared to what a lot of you have seen, but this is Alabama :lol: I'm ready for spring!
Matrix 380
18" Zombies, 400 gr w/ 125 gr Magnus Stingers & Lumenoks
Exomag
20" Zombies, 380 gr w/ 100 gr Magnus Stingers
Lake shooter

Post by Lake shooter »

I feel your pain brother! Believe me when I say that your average Arkansan has no idea of how to handle a vehicle in this crap! Like the morons will ride the brakes down a hill so that they have no momentum to help get UP the next one! Then when the car/truck starts to lose traction, they floor it and start fishtailing instead of easing up a tad and trying to let the tires grab something. What ensues is a freaking obstacle course of abandoned vehicles left in the street, in whatever postion the retard decided to call it quits!!!!!! :roll: :oops:
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

...great day to be out in the woods...I remember a blizzard we had in Jersey in the '90's. The news had said that once it started it would be like someone flipped a switch and there would we about 2" an hour...my buddy and I drove an 1.5 hrs. to go muzzleloading...Hunted for 2 hr's saw some deer running...but no shots..., the woods were just so beautiful and serene....walking back to the car I slipped on the ice under the snow, fell on my arse and broke the stock on my Thompson Encore 209x50....we drove home in pelting snow of about 2'...all of the entrance and exits on route 80 were plowed shut...but my 1996 ford Exploader was a beast...I loved it....

...came home took care of everything, and was in bed at 1:00PM....it was truly a great day... I bought a new stock and was back in business....

....that was almost 20 years ago...I don't know if I would attempt that again...but it was a day of hunting that I will always remember....

Anthony :)

PS: I was born in the Blizzard of '58 :mrgreen:
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
motorcycle

Post by motorcycle »

up here in Canada-near Toronto,we got a low at work a few weeks ago of -27.5 deg F!! It has been brutal for low temps in Feb.I really cant take it anymore.Its like it will never end.
Lake shooter

Post by Lake shooter »

As much as I hate this crap, I used to enjoy hunting in it. The biggest problem around here (as mentioned) are the fools on the road! You just can't get anywhere. Even in a front wheel drive or 4x4, you can't get anywhere right now if 100's or 1,000's of vehiclea in front of you are going 5 mph because they're scared!!!

Many years back we had a similar event to this. It would have been no big deal if folks who can't deal with it would just stay the hell home, but a friend had to pick his wife up at the airport in the morning. He lived maybe 18 miles from there. It took him 8 HOURS to make that round trip!!!!!!!! :shock:

Not me brother. I'd have told the old lady to stay where she was for another day or two! :oops:
Lake shooter

Post by Lake shooter »

motorcycle wrote:up here in Canada-near Toronto,we got a low at work a few weeks ago of -27.5 deg F!! It has been brutal for low temps in Feb.I really cant take it anymore.Its like it will never end.
You have my sympathy, and it's nice to hear that SOMEONE who lives in the subpolar hinterlands is actually sick of the cold! :D
Kegbelly

Post by Kegbelly »

Lake shooter wrote:As much as I hate this crap, I used to enjoy hunting in it. The biggest problem around here (as mentioned) are the fools on the road! You just can't get anywhere. Even in a front wheel drive or 4x4, you can't get anywhere right now if 100's or 1,000's of vehiclea in front of you are going 5 mph because they're scared!!!

Many years back we had a similar event to this. It would have been no big deal if folks who can't deal with it would just stay the hell home, but a friend had to pick his wife up at the airport in the morning. He lived maybe 18 miles from there. It took him 8 HOURS to make that round trip!!!!!!!! :shock:

Not me brother. I'd have told the old lady to stay where she was for another day or two! :oops:
Exactly! If I've said it once I've said it a thousand times... it's not I'm worried about, it's all the other idiots on the road who think they can still run 60 mph in snow or ice or want to ride 5 feet from your bumper...sigh.
Matrix 380
18" Zombies, 400 gr w/ 125 gr Magnus Stingers & Lumenoks
Exomag
20" Zombies, 380 gr w/ 100 gr Magnus Stingers
Starvin' Hillbilly

Post by Starvin' Hillbilly »

I myself gotta work in it . . . and i agree with all here about the idiots out there. when my daughter was little my wife would save her up all day just for me to come home and spend another 4 hours building a snowman when all i really wanted was a hot shower, a hot meal and straight to bed! . . . this is going to sound hateful but like when they get their cars totaled at the first of the snow/ice, it'll keep' em off of it the rest of the time :D
-ken
You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.-Blondie,
The good, the bad, the ugly