Ingredients to Your Micro Arrow Soup

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

amythntr

Ingredients to Your Micro Arrow Soup

Post by amythntr »

Many of you have had the opportunity to practice a great deal with the Micro 335 and have played around with various lengths and configurations. Some might still be experimenting and some have what they believe to be the perfect blend of components and seasoning....some of us have yet to really begin the process of perfecting the combination to our perfect taste.

Just curious what some of you have decided on in terms of shaft, length, fletching, insert weight, nock, broad head, etc....What kind of grains make up your perfect soup, and what speeds are you getting if you chrony'd, finally what shooting distance have you practiced at....yada, yada, yada.....

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
xcaliber

Re: Ingredients to Your Micro Arrow Soup

Post by xcaliber »

15" Zombies in .003" with 92 grains in the nose, and aluminum rear inserts, Low Profile vanes, AAE Maxx, I use 100 grain heads, Spitfire Maxx :wink:
Total weight, 358 grains.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
john g

Post by john g »

Being new to this "addiction", this is not my recipe, but what Danny Miller came up with. 20" Black Eagle Executioners cut down to 15 1/2", 110gr brass insert, 100gr point. I don't know off hand what the wt. of the plastic nock is. I think the BE web site lists 8gr. Vanes are 6gr ea. 375.5 gr total. If I change the plastic nock out to a Lumenok it gains 22gr.
I don't know if that change at the back of the arrow will cause much of a difference at point of impact or not. Only shot one time so far with that setup. I'm happy so far. These bows & arrows are amazing right out of the box. I'm enjoying this stuff.
Garry

Post by newbie »

Anithony i think its best you pic a final weight that you want and go from there. From my testing last fall i dont see them being picky on arrows at all. Im aiming for finished weight around 280 from that i can either use 100 or 125 grain and be at just a frickle over 400.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
racking up points

Post by racking up points »

Newbie made me up a nice arrow soup based on some recipes I'd been mulling over. This combo gets me three different weights, and I'll settle on the combo that is most accurate from my bow:

17" zombie + alum. insert + 2" blazers + 150gr field point + plastic nock = 354gr

17" zombie + alum. insert + 2" blazers + 170gr field point + plastic nock = 374gr

17" zombie + alum. insert + 2" blazers + 170gr field point + lumenock= 394gr

My broadhead choices will likely be the 175gr Slick Tricks and the FOC. I made up some plastic nocks that are weight-matched with a Lumenock so I can save battery life for hunting season. I'm thinking I'll probably go with the heavier setup, but I'm going to test each weight to see if there's anything to gain with a lighter arrow.
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
john g

Post by john g »

Racking up, what did you use to make your nocks?

Garry
racking up points

john g wrote:Racking up, what did you use to make your nocks?

Garry
It's a set-screw that you can glue and thread into a plastic nock. Normous gave me a few. PM me your address and I'll mail you some.
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
john g

Post by john g »

Rackin up, PM sent. That's a real nice offer. I don't know what it cost to mail from Canada to So. Miss. If it's unreal, don't do it. Nice folks here.
Garry
Deaf jeff

Post by Deaf jeff »

racking up points wrote:

Garry
It's a set-screw that you can glue and thread into a plastic nock. Normous gave me a few. PM me your address and I'll mail you some.

do you know what size the set screw is :?:
IN GOD WE TRUST
Jeff
animals are killed, crops are harvesteD
REVX
matrix 355
BE executioners and zombies, w/110 brass
SWAT BROADHEADS
Boo string
Dagriz knife
racking up points

Deaf jeff wrote:
racking up points wrote:

Garry

do you know what size the set screw is :?:
I'd be guessing, they're all threaded/glued into plastic nocks. If norm reads this, he might be able to find the exact size. Alternatively, you could take a scale to your local big box store and find something that works. These ones are nice because you can dab some glue on them and then thread them into the plastic.
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

....thanks for the responses thus far...not sure what I will ultimately come up with for my .....Nightmare 335 8) ....but,

I absolutely love the spicy taste of my 380 "arra soup" staring with a stock of an 18 ZS straightened and squared to perfection....a touch of a load n lock 92g brass insert tightened and indexed like days of old...I add a 100g Spitfire Maxx to the blend....as the combination simmers there are the 2" blazers and none other than the garden grown and fresh Lumenoks to grace the innards and sooth the soul when the arra is fired....knowing it will be found...if I can recall it comes to approx 400 gn or do I cook it at a temp of 400 degrees????...Mangia!

Chef Anthony :lol:
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings