Noise in Nightmare

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Shoebuck

Noise in Nightmare

Post by Shoebuck »

When I cock my Nightmare there is a clunking sound when I let the pressure off of the cocking rope and let the strings full force on the trigger forks. It is hard to explain the sound, but it is kind of like taping a board with the handle of a screw driver. I do not have the sound when cocking my Camo. Should I be worried about this? Thanks, Dave
Micro 335 Camo
Micro 335 Nightmare
Black Eagle Zombies
Spynal Double Tapps
Slick Trick Mag
Wac'em Broadheads
DeerBoy Strings
Xcalibur Strings
8-PtBuck Strings
Nikon Bolt
Shoebuck

Re: Noise in Nightmare

Post by Shoebuck »

I have checked all of the visible screws and I cannot begin to move any of them. I have tried to let the pressure onto the forks slowly and a little quicker and it makes no difference, the noise is always there. I can not feel any difference in the triggers on the two bows. Might have to call Danny Miller. I thought I would do a post in case someone else had the same thing.
Micro 335 Camo
Micro 335 Nightmare
Black Eagle Zombies
Spynal Double Tapps
Slick Trick Mag
Wac'em Broadheads
DeerBoy Strings
Xcalibur Strings
8-PtBuck Strings
Nikon Bolt
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Grab the scope mount with the bow let down, and give it some tugging, it should not budge. Then make sure the rail screw is tight as well. You can put an allen wrench in behind the trigger latches with the bow down, and see if there is any play there as well. If the sound just developed all of a sudden, my guess is something worked loose.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
foofoo

Post by foofoo »

if all screws are in spec i would take the limbs off and have a look on the inside of the limbs.ive herd of some failures on the inside of the limbs where it cant be seen so easily.
Shoebuck

Post by Shoebuck »

I am not sure where the rail screw is. I can not move the scope rail. I did get some movement out of the screw that you get to thru the trigger guard and I got some in the screw in the forearm.
Micro 335 Camo
Micro 335 Nightmare
Black Eagle Zombies
Spynal Double Tapps
Slick Trick Mag
Wac'em Broadheads
DeerBoy Strings
Xcalibur Strings
8-PtBuck Strings
Nikon Bolt
8ptbuk

Post by 8ptbuk »

Delete
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
bikerbob24

Post by bikerbob24 »

My Micro did the same thing , triggers screws worked loose , a little blue Loctite fixed that.. :D
Micro 335
Nightmare 335
Matrix 330
Axiom
Vixenmaster Flemish Strings
K-9 handler and trainer , K-9 Baily my partner for 7 years, we are now retired , spending our time hunting & fishing or just enjoying life.
Shoebuck

Post by Shoebuck »

Are you talking about the 4 screws (2 each side ) rear of the scope rail? They are so tight it will take the heat of the fires of hell to get them loose. What dose the screw inside the trigger guard hold? I did tighten that screw and the one in the forearm.
Micro 335 Camo
Micro 335 Nightmare
Black Eagle Zombies
Spynal Double Tapps
Slick Trick Mag
Wac'em Broadheads
DeerBoy Strings
Xcalibur Strings
8-PtBuck Strings
Nikon Bolt
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Take your stock off of your xbow. Look at the underside of the rail back by the trigger. There's two small screws that hold it in the main assy thru the rail. You should have holes to get an allen wrench in.........one in front and one behind the trigger itself.

If they are tight, go ahead and loc tite them anyhow, they will shoot lose if you don't. :mrgreen:
"Eze 18:21"
Shoebuck

Post by Shoebuck »

Thanks, I will do that.
Micro 335 Camo
Micro 335 Nightmare
Black Eagle Zombies
Spynal Double Tapps
Slick Trick Mag
Wac'em Broadheads
DeerBoy Strings
Xcalibur Strings
8-PtBuck Strings
Nikon Bolt
Sloppy Does

Post by Sloppy Does »

Awschucks can detail your last post a little more? I don't completely understand. Are you saying to remove these screws and Loctite them ? Do I need to be aware of anything when I do this ?
Axe 340
308 SHORT
ZEISS XB 75
bikerbob24

Post by bikerbob24 »

Sloppy Does wrote:Awschucks can detail your last post a little more? I don't completely understand. Are you saying to remove these screws and Loctite them ? Do I need to be aware of anything when I do this ?
I took mine out and added a drop of Blue Loctite to each one , really easy fix. Nothing is going to fly apart..... :D
Micro 335
Nightmare 335
Matrix 330
Axiom
Vixenmaster Flemish Strings
K-9 handler and trainer , K-9 Baily my partner for 7 years, we are now retired , spending our time hunting & fishing or just enjoying life.
Shoebuck

Post by Shoebuck »

BikerBob 24 was spot on!!! Stripped down the Nghtmare, and found the trigger screws tight but not what I would call tight. Pulled both and LocTite on both and reinstalled to what I call tight. Noise is gone. I will be doing the same to my Camo 335. BikerBob24, thank you very much!! This is what you can get from this forum, Good advise and Knowledge!! Thanks again, Dave
Micro 335 Camo
Micro 335 Nightmare
Black Eagle Zombies
Spynal Double Tapps
Slick Trick Mag
Wac'em Broadheads
DeerBoy Strings
Xcalibur Strings
8-PtBuck Strings
Nikon Bolt
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Sounds like you got it fixed, and learned a bit your babies too. Good stuff Dave. :wink:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
otisbrazwell

Post by otisbrazwell »

maybe its me doing something wrong but on my 380 I found blue lock tight and wet hunting conditions = rust on the bolts so bad riser and limb bolts had to be replaced bow was like new well cared for..those bolts now have anti seeze on them and I check them often with an allen wench..these bows are nice but the bolts could be of a better grade..blue lock tight on the trigger leaver and the allen head will most likely strip maybe buy better bolts before you do it..been down that road :D