ACB Stock Raffle ($2,115 raised to date) (112 tkts)

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

amythntr

Re: ACB Custom Stock Raffle (feasible for Boofest?)

Post by amythntr »

nchunterkw wrote:I think the idea is to set the price "right" so the most people participate. That will be how we raise the most $$ for the charity. Given that, I think $20 each or 3 for $50 is a good price point. $50 each is too high IMO and would not get as many to participate.

Should we consider a maximum number of entries? I say yes - at least at the beginning - as that will give everyone roughly the same chance at winning. Maybe start off with a max of 3 tickets and see how sales go? But not higher than that. To further explain, the overall number of tickets most likely will not be that high (I'm thinking in the 200s). If someone wants to come in and buy $400 - $500 worth of tickets to get an heirloom stock(still a GREAT bargain)that will tip the scales significantly in their favor. For example....1/200 = 0.5% chance, 3/200 = 1.5% chance, $500 would get you 30 tickets, 30/200 = 15% chance. Again, coming from a point of view of trying to maximize participation.
My feeling is if someone is will to spend $500 for a raffle, they should just go ahead and buy one directly from aging.
...My brother is speaking "engineering speak"....all good...keep the thoughts and ideas coming in!

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Some really great ideas popping up. The buy three get one free always gets me too. :lol: I think there's a magic number for most people before they're out of their comfort zone $$$$ wise. I believe the higher the $$$ number the fewer the tickets you'll sell. It's finding where the dollar can be maximized vs the number of tickets sold. The primary goal is still to raise money for a needy child. Personally, I like the 20 dollars each or three for $50. Or ten dollars each or six for $50. Whatever peopleare mmore inclined to buy is how I see it.
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

...Before a ticket price is set we have to know what the costs will be (raw materials and workmanship) in total. Once known we will have a better idea....

....but assuming one of Mike'a masterpieces go for $800. That would be 40 tickets at $20....I don't know, is it unreasonable to expect to sell 100 tickets=$2000 with the $1200 going to charity....am i missing something here...

....I would like to think we would do at least that...If we see it is getting close we could always adjust...

....I think we should also post weekly tally's of the money raised to stoke excitement....

....I agree with Boo...dropping $40+ (2 or more tickets) for a chance to to win one of these masterpieces should be secondary...the charity aspect:

...a young child of 4 years with cancer....

.....should stoke the heart strings more...with a chance to win thrown in...

JMHO....Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

amythntr wrote:...Before a ticket price is set we have to know what the costs will be (raw materials and workmanship) in total. Once known we will have a better idea....

....but assuming one of Mike'a masterpieces go for $800. That would be 40 tickets at $20....I don't know, is it unreasonable to expect to sell 100 tickets=$2000 with the $1200 going to charity....am i missing something here...

....I would like to think we would do at least that...If we see it is getting close we could always adjust...

....I think we should also post weekly tally's of the money raised to stoke excitement....

....I agree with Boo...dropping $40+ (2 or more tickets) for a chance to to win one of these masterpieces should be secondary...the charity aspect:

...a young child of 4 years with cancer....

.....should stoke the heart strings more...with a chance to win thrown in...

JMHO....Anthony :)
Well said fratello! My thoughts exactly. Poor little teensy, heartbreaking!

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

paulaboutform wrote:Some really great ideas popping up. The buy three get one free always gets me too. :lol: I think there's a magic number for most people before they're out of their comfort zone $$$$ wise. I believe the higher the $$$ number the fewer the tickets you'll sell. It's finding where the dollar can be maximized vs the number of tickets sold. The primary goal is still to raise money for a needy child. Personally, I like the 20 dollars each or three for $50. Or ten dollars each or six for $50. Whatever peopleare mmore inclined to buy is how I see it.
This is where I was coming from with my max entries idea........would someone with limited $$ be inclined to purchase 1 ticket if they knew someone had bought $500 worth? I think there will be far more folks willing to buy 1 oe 2 than there will be someone who will drop in big bucks. That's all I was thinking about. And I get that it's a charity thing....but reality is it takes something like the chance to win something to get people to fork over some dough :lol: .....if that were not the case then they would just donate to worthy causes all the time, right? I'm speaking generalities too, this Forum would largely be an exception to that. Many generous people on here.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
Big John

Post by Big John »

Tracey and I would like to help out with the purchase of one $20.00 ticket if we can.
We were helped kindly by this Forum and we will forward the help to this Girl.
I have seen lots in this past year, some of it breaks my heart. We will help regardless of the ticket price, but hopefully it doesn't go to high.
It's funny how before this past year I was a Big 300 lb. Head forward Strong guy. Now I've seen things that turned me into a freakin blubbering idiot. Will be a while before I get back to what I was, if ever.
But I still have my Wife!

So whatever happens in this raffle thing, remember the child who has not even seen life as we know it yet. There are thousands of members on here and if each only bought one ticket, well......, that's a lot of help!!!!

Big John
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

Big John wrote:Tracey and I would like to help out with the purchase of one $20.00 ticket if we can.
I have seen lots in this past year, some of it breaks my heart. We will help regardless of the ticket price, but hopefully it doesn't go to high.
It's funny how before this past year I was a Big 300 lb. Head forward Strong guy. Now I've seen things that turned me into a freakin blubbering idiot. Will be a while before I get back to what I was, if ever.

So whatever happens in this raffle thing, remember the child who has not even seen life as we know it yet. There are thousands of members on here and if each only bought one ticket, well......, that's a lot of help!!!!

Big John
John and Tracey with all the problems that you two have had that is mighty generous of you. Hats off to you. Mike
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

This is a good 300.00 blank that Don is donating for the custom stock.

amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Big John wrote:Tracey and I would like to help out with the purchase of one $20.00 ticket if we can.

Big John

....ya just can't top this....beautifully said Big John...

....If we all look back on what we spent this past year on hunting and hunting related activities I think it would be safe to say....many, most, if not all would spring for another $50 on the next best, greatest whatever piece of whatever related to hunting...

....here a child's life could hang in the balance...having lived through open heart surgery on a 6 week old daughter who then required a pacemaker to give her life...I can attest to it! ....we can be part of the cure!

....oh by the way you could also win a gift of a lifetime!

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

This is a great idea guys, a lot of tickets will be sold im sure of it. Many will want a chance at a custom stock! Logistics will be a bit tricky but it will be worth it. If by chance you decide on $20 per ticket I still think that's a screaming deal and most will be able to support the cause.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

one shot scott wrote:This is a great idea guys, a lot of tickets will be sold im sure of it. Many will want a chance at a custom stock! Logistics will be a bit tricky but it will be worth it. If by chance you decide on $20 per ticket I still think that's a screaming deal and most will be able to support the cause.

....Agreed :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

I already have a stock from mike, so I am willing to make a donation towards the cost of building the stock. This way more of the money raised in ticket sales will go towards the girl.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

one shot scott wrote:I already have a stock from mike, so I am willing to make a donation towards the cost of building the stock. This way more of the money raised in ticket sales will go towards the girl.

....we need more like you OSS....I'm feeling the love...... :D :D :D :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I think $20. per ticket is priced right. Do you want to start a Good Faith page to see how much commitment there really is, or can we start sending funds? The charity is picked, and I think there is plenty of time to get a good amount raised. I think us southerners should forget the currency exchange rate as well, and just send $20 US. I'm in for $60. one chance goes to Boo for donating the material, two for me.:wink:
Thanks Don.
Thanks Anthony.
Thanks Aging!! :D
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
tremps01

Post by tremps01 »

one shot scott wrote:This is a great idea guys, a lot of tickets will be sold im sure of it. Many will want a chance at a custom stock! Logistics will be a bit tricky but it will be worth it. If by chance you decide on $20 per ticket I still think that's a screaming deal and most will be able to support the cause.
well said......Agreed

Marcel
Micro suppressor 355
Boo string force 10.
Drstirrup complete kit.
Marcel