Red string

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Sloppy Does

Red string

Post by Sloppy Does »

I don't like the red string that came on my nightmare. The red dye is getting on everything especially my bow. I got a new string in the mail today, its an Excalibur black and grey string. Is this string the same as the red one other than color? It appears different to me but I don't know a lot about strings. It could be just the red dye fooling me though. Any thoughts?
Axe 340
308 SHORT
ZEISS XB 75
xcaliber

Re: Red string

Post by xcaliber »

That is what came on my camo Micro, should be the same. There are some colors that seem thinner by single strand, red, black, hunter green, and brown. Might be a tad lighter in weight too, thus a bit faster. Pink seems to be the thickest! :wink:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Mo wannabe

Post by Mo wannabe »

Sloppy Does wrote:I don't like the red string that came on my nightmare. The red dye is getting on everything especially my bow. I got a new string in the mail today, its an Excalibur black and grey string. Is this string the same as the red one other than color? It appears different to me but I don't know a lot about strings. It could be just the red dye fooling me though. Any thoughts?
Had the same problem with mine
Micro 335 Camo. Micro Nightmare. Vixen Matrix 310 Axiom
Leupold scopes VixenMaster Strings
Big john arrows. BOO strings & things
Montec g5
DaGriz knive
Less work.....more hunt
Derry Hicks
Excalibur only
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

Put the red one on the Trading Post. Some guys love them. It won't last a few days.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
Boo

Post by Boo »

What is coming off is the wax from the string that the dye has migrated to. Try applying a lot of wax, give it a good rub with your fingers, take it off with a clean soft rag. Do that a couple of times and it should become manageable.
Some people just like stepping on rakes