Zombies vs Executioners

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Sloppy Does

Zombies vs Executioners

Post by Sloppy Does »

For those of you that prefer the Zombies over Executioners what are your reasons? I've never shot a Zombie arrow.
Axe 340
308 SHORT
ZEISS XB 75
xcaliber

Re: Zombies vs Executioners

Post by xcaliber »

Both are excellent choices, but the shorter arrows, under 18" are hard to differentiate.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

I've never shot a Zombie either, but know they are heavier....
"Eze 18:21"
racking up points

Post by racking up points »

The zombies are stiffer and better at long range. Having owned both, I really noticed a difference past 50y, esp with broadheads. The zombies are negligably heavier, like a 1/10th of a grain per inch but somehow, much stiffer, 25% more.
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

As already stated,both are excellent. However, the zombies have tighter tolerances I believe and the price difference is so minimal I can't see not using them. I started with executioners and now am all zombie.
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

paulaboutform wrote:As already stated,both are excellent. However, the zombies have tighter tolerances I believe and the price difference is so minimal I can't see not using them. I started with executioners and now am all zombie.
Paul - what exactly do you mean on tighter tolerances? Regarding static spine deflection? O.D. I.D. ? Both are spec'd as 0.001" and 0.003" straightness so that is the same. I never really gave this a thought....

Being stiffer, the Zombies will "settle down" quicker because they do not flex as much to begin with. This translates to better accuracy. Being stiffer they will flex less as impact giving (in theory) better penetration.

But as arrows get shorter, I feel like the stiffness between the two gets closer together. And I think there is probably some point where "more stiffness" doesn't matter (because the arrow is already stiff enough to give all the advantages it can)

Both are great choices and fly great.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

My mistake. I was thinking of the .003 BEE'S I had vs the. 001 zombies I currently shoot. I do agree with what you said. What I was getting at was that for the minimal price difference I go with zombies, especially with the power bows. Realistically, anything LESS than .006 straitness you'd be hard pressed to notice a difference but it's a mental thing...for me anyway.
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

paulaboutform wrote:My mistake. I was thinking of the .003 BEE'S I had vs the. 001 zombies I currently shoot. I do agree with what you said. What I was getting at was that for the minimal price difference I go with zombies, especially with the power bows. Realistically, anything LESS than .006 straitness you'd be hard pressed to notice a difference but it's a mental thing...for me anyway.

Ahhh....gotcha. And I agree with you too. The price difference is pretty small for the extra stiffness. I need to start experimenting with what I have laying around. BEEs, ZSs, and Easton FMJs. Wanna try them all at about 15.5"
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><