Trigger Tech

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ehntr

Trigger Tech

Post by ehntr »

I know that all you guys and gals that have Trigger Tech triggers on their bows are happy....... and that is likley an understatement of large magnitude. My own personal experience with the trigger is that I have never, not by a long shot, ever laid a squeeze on a finer trigger, and I say that having squeezed some of the finest rifle triggers. So how many of you happy Trigger Tech followers are going to make the switch and drop in a frictionless Trigger Tech into their Rem 700's? The price is great too :D

http://www.triggertech.com/rem-700.html

Edit: after thinking what I had posted thought I should ad that I only posted this after going to the TT website and saw that they are going to be distributing the Rem 700 triggers................kinda sounds like an unabashed plug for TT....but what the heck..........have you squeezed a better trigger?
E/M/MOBUI330 (Finn-esse)
E/M/N335 (Finn-bad)
Click "User Control Panel", "Profile", Location: (you don't have to tell everyone you're "in a van down by the river") but for Pete's sake, what state/prov or country are you in?
Deerstalker

Re: Trigger Tech

Post by Deerstalker »

In my opinion there is nothing wrong with the stock triggers in my Equinox & Winchester M70. I have NOT tried a TT trigger and they are probably a fine trigger but I see no need to change out what I now have. My sons have an Axiom SMF & a Vortex and they both have great triggers. We only hunt with our equipment and no 3D target shooting so maybe we don't know that much about triggers BUT I have been shooting since the early 50s and have shot a lot of rifles. JMO
Semper Fi

2012 Equinox
Firebolts & BEEs w Boltcutter & Slick Trick BHs 150gr
S-5 & Boo string, TT trigger, Nikon Bolt Xr scope
2012 Vortex w/S5 & Nikon Bolt Xr (son # 1)
2012 Axiom SMF w/S5 (son # 2)
SEW

Post by SEW »

I'm impressed with the TT triggers. I was pleased with my stock rifle and most xbow triggers until I tried custom triggers ( Jewell, Rifle Basix, TT, SSS). The TT trigger was a big step up from my M380 trigger.
ehntr

Post by ehntr »

Deerstalker wrote:In my opinion there is nothing wrong with the stock triggers in my Equinox & Winchester M70. I have NOT tried a TT trigger and they are probably a fine trigger but I see no need to change out what I now have. My sons have an Axiom SMF & a Vortex and they both have great triggers. We only hunt with our equipment and no 3D target shooting so maybe we don't know that much about triggers BUT I have been shooting since the early 50s and have shot a lot of rifles. JMO
Thats the thing. It's not subjective thinking that I am advertising here. It's measureable comparison that I am referring to and addressing this post to Trigger Tech owners..........because they know, by comparison, what a Trigger Tech trigger is. I can agree that there is nothing wrong with the triggers on the bows and guns you are using/have used. I wouldn't disagree at all. The thing is, you don't know how much better a Trigger Tech trigger is until you squeezed it off. Not knocking your opinion Deerstalker :) Nice rack btw :!:
E/M/MOBUI330 (Finn-esse)
E/M/N335 (Finn-bad)
Click "User Control Panel", "Profile", Location: (you don't have to tell everyone you're "in a van down by the river") but for Pete's sake, what state/prov or country are you in?
JUSTANUFF

Post by JUSTANUFF »

Different strokes,,,well,,,you know,,,but tell ya what,,as for me,,I will always be an advocate of the TT,,,they have made me a better,more confident,and sometimes "poorer" shooter,,,by that I mean,I dasen't ever shoot at the same spot,,,I have shafted enough arrows,,,Ya,,,I felt the sameway about my standard Excal trigger,,,"acceptable",,,,but I decided after mustering the money for a TT on my Vixen,,,(which costs less than the Matrix),,it was some of the best money I have spent on a dearly loved deer hunting hobby.
Cub *TactZone * Trigger Tech (AKA Cub-Pow)
308 Short Banshee* TactZone * Trigger Tech (AKA Shorty)
Magnus Buzz Cuts * Mad Hornets
Gold Tip Laser II's 16.5 386grn
BE Executioners 16.5 405grn
Miller Top Quiver Mounts
Boo string
coolhl

Post by coolhl »

there is no comparison...
there is just something so pleasurable about a responsive trigger
that breaks so cleanly and predictably without creep.
nothing is WRONG with the standard trigger,
it is just the precision of the TT is something that has to be experienced to appreciate.
....there are so many many things we buy that are made so half assed and function just adequately at best from furniture to cars to washing machines that it is a pleasure to have something that really is top notch.
norm
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

I don't have a TT in my xbow and its got a really sweet trigger. ... but I've shot the TT and its even sweeter. Seriously.
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
Spike Country

Post by Spike Country »

I love my TT and won't shoot a heavy limbed excal with out one. JMO!

I was sad to see they no longer make the matrix 1.5 target trigger. I know not allot of people use them but for long range target they seem like they would be awesome...
MICHIGAN MEAT HUNTER "Shooting Tomorrows Trophies Today"
Proud member of the Michigan Crossbow Federation!
Spike Country

Post by Spike Country »

VixChix wrote:I don't have a TT in my xbow and its got a really sweet trigger. ... but I've shot the TT and its even sweeter. Seriously.

If you had a TT you would beat all of us every year in MI!!! :mrgreen:
MICHIGAN MEAT HUNTER "Shooting Tomorrows Trophies Today"
Proud member of the Michigan Crossbow Federation!
woodmnctry

Post by woodmnctry »

The original trigger in my M380 just did not cut it -- put a TT in and Wowzer! ---Happiness is TT trigger.
Pa.hunter

Post by Pa.hunter »

I just installed one in my new 405. I have one in all 3 of my crossbows now. They really do spoil you. Once you have one you won't want to shoot anything else. Every one of them feel exactly the same. You know on every shot when that triggers going to go off. That's why I like them so much. They are worth every penny.

Charlie
Matrix 405 with Leupold VX-R FireDot duplex
Matrix 380 Xtra with Leupold VX-R FireDot duplex
Matrix 330 with Leupold Crossbones
TriggerTech Matrix hunter 2.5 in all 3
Black Eagles
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

My stock trigger in the 355 was great, then one day not so great. The TT brought it back, and then some. First hint of roughness, or excessive creep in the Micro, it's coming out, and the TT is going in.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Spike Country wrote:
VixChix wrote:I don't have a TT in my xbow and its got a really sweet trigger. ... but I've shot the TT and its even sweeter. Seriously.
If you had a TT you would beat all of us every year in MI!!! :mrgreen:
Well now.... I doubt I could outshoot you even with a TT! YOU are the guy to beat!!! Love that there's always some good competition at the event.

This year the Canadians are planning on bringing reinforcements... some seasoned 3D'ers. You've been warned. :mrgreen:

(running out to find a TT now.....)
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
Normous

Post by Normous »

A lot of people in the industry are waiting for the release of the Rem 700 trigger from TriggerTech. It's going to be sweet and the price point very attractive. It'll be a 2-4lb adjustable trigger, for hunters and casual target shooters. It comes with a safety and bolt release and TT should be releasing a model without a safety for the 3 position safety on the bolt. It'll be zero creep with next to no over travel. According to Frank at TT their trigger scan graphs are showing an impressive release characteristic, much sharper than the Timney's.
I can't wait to try one!
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

I can't believe they stopped making the 1.5lbs Target Trigger. I'm so glad I have mine. After shooting it the two and a half pound models feel like seven pound triggers.
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.