Why choose Excalibur

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

SEW

Why choose Excalibur

Post by SEW »

This thread is primarily intended for those considering buying an Excalibur crossbow. Let's help them decide

This picture doesn't have the side weighted, then rubber wrapped and finally Camo taped stirrup, the Air Brakes which are temporarily on my factory stocked M405 as I'm testing the speeds/accuracy vs the bare limbs which are on this bow just for taking a picture. The arrow hold down spring is bent up enough to not hit the riser and is double shrink wrapped. The bow also has a Boo string and a TT 2.5 DS trigger. The optics are a Zeiss Duralyt 2x8 , 42 mm obj, 30 mm tube, ,lighted scope on an HHA Optimizer. The beautiful Aging walnut stock should be obvious. Arrows include both Ltl John Zombies and Southshore Zombies.

All this work did help with accuracy and enjoyment of the crossbow but none of this is needed to have a very adequately equipped, highly accurate xbow. It just comes that way.

Why is Excalibur possibly the best choice for serious accuratizing/ customizing?
I'll give my reasons and please add to these:
1) possibly the most accurate xbow to start with
2) all work, tuning, string and limb replacement, etc can be done at home
3) so many customized accessories available
4) likely,the best customer support available
5) beauty of simplicity
6) reliability and durability
7) they just don't seem to go out of date, they just become "classic"
8) very tight knit following - lots of help
9) I've gotten sub-2MOA accuracy @100 yds and below
10) repeatability: always shoot the same
11) feel. My highly customized M380 just has an unparalled feel to me
12) quietness. Yes, quietness! This xbow as set up with the other bow/stirrup is actually quieter than my Solution 350 which many consider to be the quietest xbow on the market. Yes, an Excal, even a 380, can be noise tamed to the level of the quietest compound.
13)your turn. Tell'm why you recommend considering Excal....
onebigskittle

Re: Why choose Excalibur

Post by onebigskittle »

You said it all :lol:
cdn.redneck

Post by cdn.redneck »

It just feel great to shoot
Leupold crossbones
Mathews Monster 7.0
Black Eagle - Carbon Express - Easton
StormDragon

Post by StormDragon »

1) Dependable
2) Simplistic and durable
3) Deadly accurate
Micro 335 Nightmare: Morning Star

Elite Synergy; Krampus
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Forgot one...Danny Miller. At least if you are in the states,if all crossbows were the same, the one that Danny sold would get the nod. Sure glad that brand is Excal. :D
coolhl

Post by coolhl »

WARRANTY

lets face it; every NEW crossbow made by every company is an EXPERIMENT...
these companies are really pushing the limits and know very well there will be issues.
but EXCALIBUR stands behind their crossbows, not just the person who first bought it.
will Scorpyd and Mission etc do that? not from what their owners tell me....
norm
strum

Post by strum »

When it comes to crossbows Excalibur is THE choice.
Unless of course you like to spend extra time and money when you need a new string or cables or have timing issues. And it always nice when you have your wheeled bow blow up on a dryfire. nothing like spending the rest of the season watching hunting videos while your bow sits at the factory warranty center waiting someone to repair it. and on top of that getting to pay them a large fee for the repair ..which may or may not come back fixed properly.
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
Deerstalker

Post by Deerstalker »

Your point # 1, accuracy.

Semper Fi

2012 Equinox
Firebolts & BEEs w Boltcutter & Slick Trick BHs 150gr
S-5 & Boo string, TT trigger, Nikon Bolt Xr scope
2012 Vortex w/S5 & Nikon Bolt Xr (son # 1)
2012 Axiom SMF w/S5 (son # 2)
tomcat

Post by tomcat »

flightattendant100 wrote:Forgot one...Danny Miller. At least if you are in the states,if all crossbows were the same, the one that Danny sold would get the nod. Sure glad that brand is Excal. :D
This level of customer service along with the availability of accumulated knowledge on this board ensure that you will rest assured it was the right decision for years to come, even when fancier models come and go..
Matrix 405/Vixen stock -XB 30
Matrix 380/Vixen stock - XB 30
Offspring-XB1
Maxpoint- XB1
john g

Post by john g »

I'm new to this crossbow thing, but here's my 2 cents. Choose Excalibur & you won't have to deal with "Buyers Remorse". Well the only remorse might be, "I wish I'd got this model vs. the one I bought". The cure for that is, start collecting. I haven't had mine for a month yet & I'm trying to figure out how to "sneek" in another one. And yes, X2 on Danny Miller. And this forum. Win, win, win!
Garry
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

coolhl wrote:WARRANTY

lets face it; every NEW crossbow made by every company is an EXPERIMENT...
these companies are really pushing the limits and know very well there will be issues.
but EXCALIBUR stands behind their crossbows, not just the person who first bought it.
will Scorpyd and Mission etc do that? not from what their owners tell me....
norm
Excal has a habit of [a] keeping quiet] and shooting the new bows for a year or so before bringing them to market.
"Eze 18:21"
Hot Pepper Dude

Post by Hot Pepper Dude »

It is the world's finest crossbow. Workmanship, accuracy, and warranty are beyond reproach. So glad that it is made in Canada as well. Very happy and satisfied to own one. My 1997 Exocet is all I will ever need. It will outlast me, and as such, will be included in my will.

Regards, H.P.D.
motorcycle

Post by motorcycle »

for me-made in canada,easy to find a place thats sells them,quality,warranty AND you can install other manufacturers components such as triggertech triggers and tenpoint accudraw cranks.Oh yea,they just feel right as well
maine hunter

Post by maine hunter »

Simply the best!!! :D
355 matrix, big johns arrows- zombieslayers, g5 montecs, strikers. Vortex big johns arrows- zombieslayers g5 montecs 125. Lumenoks.
Big John

Post by Big John »

I like to set up a new bow for someone, Excal, then get them sighted in and hitting bullseyes, Give them a few pointers and let them shoot a few.
Then, see the giant smile on their face, and two years later hear them say they are still hitting the bullseye at forty yds! And they changed nothing!

Big John
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]