Crossbones Question

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

xbowhunter10

Crossbones Question

Post by xbowhunter10 »

To anyone who owns a Crossbones I am just wondering how well the small yardage marks show up in low light . I know the scope has good glass because I own several Leupold rifle scopes but the marks do look a little small to me . This is really the only negative I can find on this scope but that is from reviews other than this forum . I have more confidence in members here than anywhere so please help me make up my mind on this scope .
racking up points

Re: Crossbones Question

Post by racking up points »

I prefer the VXR Firedot scopes. I do own a Crossbones and it hadn't been a problem seeing the yardage marks in legal light. In the last/first few minutes of legal light, it's no problem.
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
foofoo

Post by foofoo »

i have a crossbones and will say its a great clear crossbow scope. i own a few other brands and ive found with any multi reticle scope the yardage marks tend to be hard to see or get lost the last few minutes of light.it doesnt seem to affect the main center reticle though. i find this a good thing as the last few minutes of light i dont wanna shoot more than 20 yards anyway.if you want to see 30-40-50 yard marks the last minutes of light i would pick up a lumizone- tactzone or shadowzone.
Mo wannabe

Post by Mo wannabe »

I shoot a vxr balistic Fire dot on one micro and a crossbones on the other micro. I actually prefer the crossbones because the chevrons are farther apart and seem to give a better view at dusk & dawn for my old eyes . Jmo
Micro 335 Camo. Micro Nightmare. Vixen Matrix 310 Axiom
Leupold scopes VixenMaster Strings
Big john arrows. BOO strings & things
Montec g5
DaGriz knive
Less work.....more hunt
Derry Hicks
Excalibur only
dutchhunter

Post by dutchhunter »

I to have a vxr 3to9 by40 ,I have mine on my turkey gun for now ,will see how she works this spring on a big old tom .Dutch
addicted to canadian beaver
wathst

Post by wathst »

I put a crossbones on my M380 this year. With 3 days to go in the season, it looked as if I was going to eat my tag. It was getting dark and beyond ethical light to shoot so I was getting set to lower my stuff down when I heard a deer come in, but I couldn't see it well enough to shoot..... until I put my eye to the scope and there it was, in living colour. But not living for long. I figure the crossbones scope gives me 10 to 15 more minutes of daylight, and I have no problem seeing the markings
Matrix 380, BEE's w Lumenoks, Leupold CrossBones, TT Matrix Hunter 2.5