Matrix 330 Vs Micro 335

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Carnivorous

Matrix 330 Vs Micro 335

Post by Carnivorous »

This has been posted before but thought I would show the limb & length comparison between my Micro Nightmare & Matrix 330 M.O.T.S.

They both have obvious distinct advantages & disadvantages.

I am leaning towards the Matrix 330 MOTS mostly because of the coolness factor to be my go to bow.. LOL

A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
cdn.redneck

Re: Matrix 330 Vs Micro 335

Post by cdn.redneck »

Thanks for the post, good to see the difference
Leupold crossbones
Mathews Monster 7.0
Black Eagle - Carbon Express - Easton
Spike Country

Post by Spike Country »

Both great bows, just grab the one that fits your mood for the hunt!
MICHIGAN MEAT HUNTER "Shooting Tomorrows Trophies Today"
Proud member of the Michigan Crossbow Federation!
bubba

Post by bubba »

That 330 MOTS does sure have the coolness factor going... One of a kind fer sure, your a lucky man indeed sir...........
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
ehntr

Post by ehntr »

I have the same two bows but not the cool mots version :mrgreen:

Despite the size difference, the width is obvious but the length is only 1.4 inches different (330 longer)..................the 330 is .1# lighter than the 335 according to the specs? I'm shootin em both regularly but the nod goes to the midget.
E/M/MOBUI330 (Finn-esse)
E/M/N335 (Finn-bad)
Click "User Control Panel", "Profile", Location: (you don't have to tell everyone you're "in a van down by the river") but for Pete's sake, what state/prov or country are you in?
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

ehntr wrote:I have the same two bows but not the cool mots version :mrgreen:

Despite the size difference, the width is obvious but the length is only 1.4 inches different (330 longer)..................the 330 is .1# lighter than the 335 according to the specs? I'm shootin em both regularly but the nod goes to the midget.

Give me yer reasons the midget Micro would get the nod over the 330, Thx, I have been considerin them fer my next choice
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
colouredchameleon

Post by colouredchameleon »

Wondering what is a MOTS?
RexKay

Post by RexKay »

Mossy Oak Tree Stand. Extreme coolness. Mike you gots 2 matrix bows.. So why not a micro? All aside... My micro gets nod 1st kill. My 330 super sweet too. Killed nanny with long limbed bow. :D then toted 330 rest of 2014.. No deers after nanny till 1187 lit up. Jeff you are the Dr. Frankenstein of custom cool bows for sure. Send it across the river when your ready :lol:
I like things with strings.....
4 Guitars
8 Excals
1 Scorpyd
PSE Tac Elite
13 Grayling Bears
And 2 Hoyts
Normous

Post by Normous »

Delete
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

vixenmaster wrote:

Give me yer reasons the midget Micro would get the nod over the 330, Thx, I have been considerin them fer my next choice
Mike, This past weekend was Texas Youth turkey season. Colton wanted to get a turkey with the new Micro. Dad carries the bow most of the time. It is VERY noticably smaller than my Matrix. It is the first Excal that I ever carried into the woods that I feel like a sling would work well on...Its narrower than I am! Always before I carried the bow over my shoulder with the limbs veticle, so that I wasnt always hung on something. With the Micro, it no problem. I'm much impressed with this thing. It shoots great and is balanced well shooting it. The only down side is cocking effort isnt much less than your 405! Its a shorter stroke, but stout at the top! I liked it fine here at home, but get out in the woods and it a whole new ballgame, its awsome.
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

flightattendant100 wrote:The only down side is cocking effort isnt much less than your 405! Its a shorter stroke, but stout at the top!
X 2. My ExoMax is just a joy to cock compared to the Micro. Unlike with the ExoMax, I find myself having to fully prepare to cock the Micro. No half-squatted one-footed cocking going on with this thing. Its legit near the top.

DuckHunt
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol:
Exomag6.5

Post by Exomag6.5 »

Hey Jeff - beauty combo you've got there!
Your 330's big brother the MOTS 355 is flexing its muscle up in Waterloo County prepping for the upcoming turkey season...
I like the old things best....old friends, old knives, classic firearms, seasoned firewood, vintage wine and aged scotch.
Carved limb Exomag
Matrix 355
Too many knives. Favs-my Grandpa's Buck knife, my Dad's Schrade Sharpfinger and my DaGriz.
ehntr

Post by ehntr »

vixenmaster wrote:

Well Mike. I'm a lanky type guy, 6', I don't dress to show off my guns if you know what I mean :D . Having said that, the draw weight on the Micro is significant.....but with such a short ps, all I have to do to cock it is bend my knees in preparation for pulling on the cocking rope..........and then stand up straight..........don't need to involve my back or my arms........it's all in the legs for me. I have shot the Micro for 75 times in a day.......don't think I have ever shot less than 30 in a setting and I have never felt that I over did it. Local store let me test out a 405. LOL......took a deep breath and pulled, next think you know it's cocked. But I wouldn't want to cock it all day long. OK.........shooting the 335 for an hour and then grabbing the 330 is pure pleasure. I like the look of the Matrix line of bows over the Micro too. So I have two bows that have virtually the same output..........but I shoot the Micro more often because.............it's so small :lol: I really don't have a practical reason. If I had to give one up it would be the 330. I'm looking for a 380 or a 405 rail btw :mrgreen:

You have a 355....................the Micro is a different kind of beast. You didn't get a chance to shoot one at TEXFEST?
E/M/MOBUI330 (Finn-esse)
E/M/N335 (Finn-bad)
Click "User Control Panel", "Profile", Location: (you don't have to tell everyone you're "in a van down by the river") but for Pete's sake, what state/prov or country are you in?
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

The Micro that was there was fully in someone's hands sightin it in n shootin. I did hold it. I will get toshoot it over at the Mo. gatherin in May. :)
Half Bubble Off BD360

vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I really don't knowed why i want the Micro Nitemare. I have the Matrix 405 & the 355. They will do it all, i jus have a sickness wantin one. My Mrs will throw one heck of a hissy fit when i do get it. I maybe doin all my own cookin after that
Half Bubble Off BD360