Feral Pig and Moose Sausage

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

IronNoggin

Re: Feral Pig and Moose Sausage

Post by IronNoggin »

taz3 wrote:So this means you'll have some for Boofest right? :lol:
Some year I hope to make that simply to put some faces to go with their names.
Unfortunately this function is held a VERY Long Ways away from where I live (right across the entire Country basically) and is always scheduled for one of my busiest times of year. Given I work but 3 or 4 months a year these days, I simply cannot afford the Double Whammy of lost wages combined with an expensive "vacation". :(
paulaboutform wrote:... Now then, onto the serious matter at hand.....WHERE THE HECK ARE YOU SHOOTING FERREL PIGS HERE IN BC???
:lol: While there are a few wandering around here in BC, "FEW" is very much the operative word Buddy! So few in fact I can count on one hand the number I have heard of being taken here over the course of many years.

In this case, my Bow Hunting Partner simply stumbled across two of them, many many miles from any farm. This occurred NW of Kelowna btw. He was searching for an immature moose that day, and was quite startled when he saw them. He did not even know if he could shoot them, so took a few pictures, then scrambled madly back to his truck to review the Regs.

When he discovered they are Wide Open here (Any Place, Any Time) he set off in Hot Pursuit after them. After a spell, he caught up with the smaller of the two, and planted it with a single shot. He was alone that day, and had to chop it into many pieces to get it out of the bush.

I tried to convince him to go after the larger one, but he declined suggesting I focus on Deer rather than pork while I was over there. Happy he did! Paid off well! :twisted:

That said, I too wouldn't mind getting in on some of that action! Hoping Arizona can help scratch that itch a little this coming summer... :wink:

Cheers,
Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."