MNR SETS DEER HUNTERS TRAP

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

chessy

MNR SETS DEER HUNTERS TRAP

Post by chessy »

I cannot belive i am falling into the mnr trap as well.. they are selling addition tags and i am going to be all over it .... in the usa you can buy multiple tags for half price .. for instance virgina where i hunt as well you can buy a out of state tags for 120 usd funds that alows you to shoot 4 deer 3 turkeys and bear ... other states have the same thing .. if i buy tags for my area it will cost me near 100 bucks canadain .... i think the mnr has seen the money here .... i think we should scream murder here it is a money racket for the mnr if they wanted to get rid of deer then cut the tags in half price for the second and third and so on ....the mnr budget will be over flowing with money this year . we will not see one bit of this money going back to us or enforcement .... whatch out next year when the liberals are already talking to double they tag price for next year ... you will be paying somewhere in the ball park of 64 for a deer tag next year how many extra tags will you buy at that price .... i dont promote shooting deer with out a tag but if the price goes to 64 a tag i will only be buying one tag .......thanks for reading my rant
Sliver

Post by Sliver »

I've seen this coming for awhile,,, I have been saying that hunting is becoming a rich mans sport :cry: Everything is way to expensive,, clothing, tags, ammunition, accessories etc, etc etc... IMO it's out of hand.
Exocet 175
Munch Mount
ComfyBear String
DaGriz Knife
Tigerpaw

Post by Tigerpaw »

You got it! Please tell me how it costs more for us to shoot six deer then 1or2? What do we need to be paying anything more then the cost of paper and one persons wages. What can we do? I would love to hunt more deer this year but I hate to give in to the mnr!
Brampton Mike

Post by Brampton Mike »

:shock: :shock: Yep you got that right Chessy....guess we just have to bend over & spread our cheeks again for Dalton!!!!!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: Brampton Mike 8)
If I can't hunt & fish in heaven....then I don't want to go!!!!!!!!!!

Vegetarian..............old Indian word for lousy hunter!
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

How much are the extra tags in comparison to the first? I thought they were the same price. If the tags are no more expensive than the first then no big deal. Still pretty cheap when you think of how much it would cost to buy that much quality meat from the grocery store. All licence fees are supposed to be ear marked for the MNR, better to the MNR than to some politicians back pocket.

I don't know how many deer I would need to take in a year to keep venison in my freezer. Two would seem like more than enough. Anymore and it would seem like greed. I understand some hunt to feed their families and that is the major portion of meat that is used for cooking, but for myself it is not necessary.
oneshot 1

Post by oneshot 1 »

Around here because I'm a Land Owner my first Tags are Free then $5 apiece,as many as I want.

oneshot 1
Spring

Post by Spring »

I don't grudge the money for an extra tag. I will however be seriously pi$$ed if somebody gets the bright idea that they have a cash cow here and boost the cost of tags out of sight. I would be double pi$$ed if that same government hoped that they could shut down hunting in this province by making it cost prohibitive. That sounds to me like something a gun hating, hunter despising, provincial Liberal government would do.

I believe it was Benjamin Franklin who once said, "Civil disobedience is a legitimate form of protest in a democracy. It does not however mean you can act like an ass."

If the provincial Liberals doubled the cost of a deer tag for no good reason, I'd seriously have to consider not buying any tag but hunting anyway as a legitmate form of protest, and accept the accompanying risk.

I hope it never comes to that.

Cheers!
shifty

Post by shifty »

If the prices get too out of hand guys will just shoot and keep two deer anyway and only tag one. and the mnr will only get the money for the one tag. so maybe the mnr shouldnt get too greedy .