Tactzone Scopes

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

bubba

Re: Tactzone Scopes

Post by bubba »

The Zeiss crossbow scope does look like a good prospect for the 400.00 dollar price tag. But the retical is none lighted, I hear the optics or glass is very good, and the mechanics are very good. But a little out of my comfort range on price. There is a few out there.. For me I am going with the best that my pocket book can afford....
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
Mo wannabe

Post by Mo wannabe »

I loved my tz that came on my 380. I used it a year and a half and couldn't figure out what all the complaining was about . Then one frosty morning I seen something moving down on the forest floor and couldn't make it out so I put my scope on it to take a better look and it was fogged up completely :shock: I'm glad it was a coyote and not a wall hanger ! I upgraded to a crossbones with mr Miller
Micro 335 Camo. Micro Nightmare. Vixen Matrix 310 Axiom
Leupold scopes VixenMaster Strings
Big john arrows. BOO strings & things
Montec g5
DaGriz knive
Less work.....more hunt
Derry Hicks
Excalibur only
yooper_man

Post by yooper_man »

vixenmaster wrote:
yooper_man wrote:
vixenmaster wrote:I put the one on Kong that Steve sent to me. I can see the outside edge halo thru glass, but it is usuable scope. I suppose if'en you relied on the very edge of the scope glass to see what head gear a deer had it would be lackin in very good detail. In reality jus wait a second n the deer will entered the better glass area.Now i haven't sighted Kong in yet wid it. Unless it its the pits on yardage chevrons, i think it will be an ok scope. Naw it it ain't Nikon or Leupold nor Redfield but its not bad. Speakin of Redfield i returned mine fer repairs. $13.95 to ship it wid $200 in Ins. Won't take too many returns to Redfield before the shippin will cost more than than gettin it repaired. I reckon it left a real bad taste in my mouth fer the Redfield Revenge crossbow scopes. This i can tell ya, i won't buy anudder one in my lifetime of any model fer anything i have
I'm not sure what issue you had with the Redfield scope, but after you get it back I would suggest selling it. Once I lose confidence in an optic, I can never trust them again. I most certainly will not hunt with an inferior optic

I can't say I liked my Tact-Zone scope that came with my Matrix 355 package. I sold it brand new unused with the factory Excalibur rings.

My Leupold VX-I 2-7x33mm shotgun/muzzleloader scope is perfect for my Excalibur matrix 355 crossbow with Leupold rifleman detachable low rings. Leupold's deliver clear crisp low light gathering characteristics which is crucial in every hunting situation.

Andrew
Its good that the Leupold has done well fer you. I haven't tried one as of yet. Like you say maybe wid the Redfield not holdin up as brand new i need to put it down the road. Of corse Redfield is made by Leupold so there fore i would have to say the Leupold would be the same in boat wid Redfield. Meanin i got screwed on the Redfield n i knowed its same Company i would be screwed buyin a new Leupold! Best thing i can do is save up my money fer a quality scope to go on my 405. Or if'en my 405 is a scope killer send it down the road fer sumpin else. I jus don't see any other Excal i want to purchase. Micro's seem to be great models but its not as fast as my 355, so thats not an option.

Leupold owns Redfield. I am curious what problem you had with the Redfield? I've never owned a Leupold made Redfield, so I can't comment on them.

I own over a dozen Leupold's and I can assure you they are not in the same class as their Redfield made in the Philippines line.

I hope you find a quality optics that won't fail you on the hunt. Good luck.

Andrew
2013 Excalibur Matrix 355 Xtra

2007 Leupold VX-I 2-7x33 Dark Earth NWTF Edition Turkey Plex scope

Dan xcaliber flemish Brownell XS2 string, 18" Easton XX75 2219 aluminum shafts, 2" Bohning Blazer vanes, NAP 170gr F.O.C., Danny Miller's RBBB's
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

yooper_man wrote:
vixenmaster wrote:I put the one on Kong that Steve sent to me. I can see the outside edge halo thru glass, but it is usuable scope. I suppose if'en you relied on the very edge of the scope glass to see what head gear a deer had it would be lackin in very good detail. In reality jus wait a second n the deer will entered the better glass area.Now i haven't sighted Kong in yet wid it. Unless it its the pits on yardage chevrons, i think it will be an ok scope. Naw it it ain't Nikon or Leupold nor Redfield but its not bad. Speakin of Redfield i returned mine fer repairs. $13.95 to ship it wid $200 in Ins. Won't take too many returns to Redfield before the shippin will cost more than than gettin it repaired. I reckon it left a real bad taste in my mouth fer the Redfield Revenge crossbow scopes. This i can tell ya, i won't buy anudder one in my lifetime of any model fer anything i have
I'm not sure what issue you had with the Redfield scope, but after you get it back I would suggest selling it. Once I lose confidence in an optic, I can never trust them again. I most certainly will not hunt with an inferior optic

I can't say I liked my Tact-Zone scope that came with my Matrix 355 package. I sold it brand new unused with the factory Excalibur rings.

My Leupold VX-I 2-7x33mm shotgun/muzzleloader scope is perfect for my Excalibur matrix 355 crossbow with Leupold rifleman detachable low rings. Leupold's deliver clear crisp low light gathering characteristics which is crucial in every hunting situation.

Andrew
Its good that the Leupold has done well fer you. I haven't tried one as of yet. Like you say maybe wid the Redfield not holdin up as brand new i need to put it down the road. Of corse Redfield is made by Leupold so there fore i would have to say the Leupold would be the same in boat wid Redfield. Meanin i got screwed on the Redfield n i knowed its same Company i would be screwed buyin a new Leupold! Best thing i can do is save up my money fer a quality scope to go on my 405. Or if'en my 405 is a scope killer send it down the road fer sumpin else. I jus don't see any other Excal i want to purchase. Micro's seem to be great models but its not as fast as my 355, so thats not an option.[/quote]

Leupold owns Redfield. I am curious what problem you had with the Redfield? I've never owned a Leupold made Redfield, so I can't comment on them.

I own over a dozen Leupold's and I can assure you they are not in the same class as their Redfield made in the Philippines line.

I hope you find a quality optics that won't fail you on the hunt. Good luck.

Andrew[/quote]
It would not move the xhair with either the elevation nor the windage. The Tech at the Leupold said many of them have been returned fer that problem. Not that my opinion counts fer anything in the optics field. The parent Company that makes subpar optics in one line, will let that quality control into their main line. I don't care where it was made at nor that others have had great luck wid their's. Mine wasn't right from jump street. Of course now that i have spoke about mine n when it returns. I won't be able to sell it fer anything close to what i paid fer it. So it will end up on my dust collector shelf wid the rest of my Lemons!
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Speakin of lemons one of these days before i die. I will set them all up on a stump n take my 6.5x55 Swede n give them all the proper send off the the junk yard! :D
Half Bubble Off BD360

yooper_man

Post by yooper_man »

Oh OK, so they fail to track. Leupold will address the issue since they have the best warranty in the optics world. More than likely the delay is parts, but that's a guess.

I myself sell off lesser optics for some cash, but I respect your choices.

The 6.5x55 swedish mauser will eradicate your problems away. Shoot safe.

Andrew
Last edited by yooper_man on Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2013 Excalibur Matrix 355 Xtra

2007 Leupold VX-I 2-7x33 Dark Earth NWTF Edition Turkey Plex scope

Dan xcaliber flemish Brownell XS2 string, 18" Easton XX75 2219 aluminum shafts, 2" Bohning Blazer vanes, NAP 170gr F.O.C., Danny Miller's RBBB's
MprBlackout

Post by MprBlackout »

Does anyone know anything bout the AIA (arrow in apple) Flex.
Looks like tactzone on steriods. No hha needed either
380 BLACKOUT w/ T-zone 100
Tact handle, ACP trigger, Dr Stirrup w/ bumpers
335 Micro BLACKOUT & 355 Micro camo, both ACP triggers, T-zone 100'd, all w Lumi'd weight matched Zombies
Kegbelly

Post by Kegbelly »

I don't know about Redfield crossbow scopes but I have two Redfield rifle scopes and am well pleased... one on a 308 and one on an -06, never had the first problem with either. Maybe Kong is just a scope eater :lol:
Matrix 380
18" Zombies, 400 gr w/ 125 gr Magnus Stingers & Lumenoks
Exomag
20" Zombies, 380 gr w/ 100 gr Magnus Stingers
8ptbuk

Post by 8ptbuk »

I'm like keg , I've got a Redfield rifle scope that's been great so far . Its just as clear as any of my Leupolds . The one thing that bugs me about Leupolds is how the eye relief changes when the power changes ! I own one Zeiss and it blows the Leupolds away when it comes to clarify and low light performance . JMO
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

bubba wrote:The Zeiss crossbow scope does look like a good prospect for the 400.00 dollar price tag. But the retical is none lighted, I hear the optics or glass is very good, and the mechanics are very good. But a little out of my comfort range on price. There is a few out there.. For me I am going with the best that my pocket book can afford....
bubba its well out of my budget, i try to keep my 50 yds n under crossbow scopes under a $150. I am also lookin at that Nikon Bolt crossbow scope. I really hated that the Revenge jus wouldn't track, has nice glass. I thought i was up-gradin my optics. Part of me wants to keep it when its returned n try it again. The other part of me knows that if'en it doesn't work when i try it. Then i will get so bent out of shape good chance i will take my sledge to it!
Half Bubble Off BD360

wildcatter

Post by wildcatter »

Kegbelly wrote:I'm ok with the tact zone. I'm still shooting the one that came with my 380, and I thought it was a decent enough scope that I bought another one from a forum member to have as a backup. Of course there is better glass out there, but let's be realistic here... I'm shooting at a MAX 50 yards at a game animal, and I don't need $1000 glass to do that, or even $500 glass. If my target is within rock-throwing distance, I don't see a need for real expensive glass. For hunting, I don't need it. It would be nice but I think it's overkill. My TZ has held dead zero since day one and I can stick arrows in a dime size dot out to 40 yards all day long, so it does what I need a scope to do. If I were target shooting at 100+ yards I might have a different opinion but the TZ works for what I do with a crossbow.
We could get into the whole light-gathering argument, but IMHO if I need that much extra light gathering capability to shoot in low light, I'm past legal light anyhow. I fell into that trap with rifle scopes, plunked down a bunch of $$ to set my favorite rifles up with new VX3 50mm's, ya know what? The 40mm looks just as good to my eye, the human eye can only take in so much light, anything beyond that is just wasted $$ and the wow factor. The extra clarity and sharpness that comes with better glass is great, the clearer the better, but again, considering the maximum range I'll take a shot at, I don't see a need for it, I'm trying to hit a deer or a hog in that sweet spot right behind the shoulder, not count hairs at 300 yards. My .02.
I had one,,,, that was my last one!!! There is a lot more to justify a 3-5 hundred dollar scope than seeing a target in bright daylight and holding a zero at hunting yardages. I hunt very heavy timber, sometimes in the bottom of narrow hollows with heavy folage from the bottoms to to 60 to 100 feet above the ridge tops,,,,, people find a whole new level of darkness at sundown let alone 1/2 hour after when hunting in these deep hollows early season, especially on the dark of the moon!!! The only scopes I have found that are slightly usable for 20 or 30 yards hunting in these conditions are the XB-30 Pro not the original as the crosshairs couldn't be dimmed enough to be usable in that light, the Tenpoint Rangemaster Pro,,,,, and a Burris reflex sight. I have been doing some heavy testing using the Burris Fastfire zeroed at 30 yards and shooting out to 40 with some stellar results. But make no mistake the the Tactzone is as useless in this light as,,,,, well anyway's thats why bores don't have em,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :wink:

The Leupold would be great if they would just illuminate it with a rheostat that would dim low enough for my needs, but if the fastfire works, I will be trying 2 in tandem zeroed at 25 and 45 yards, with the 45 yard a 8 MOA to take advantage of its 4" diameter at 50 yards for POI references!!! if not,,,,,well I have found the Zeiss optics have always been a real bargin and they do deliver more than you pay for!!!! :wink:
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
380 Mad Max, XB-30 Pro 18" ZombiesW/ 125 gr ST
330 Mad Max Custom XB-30 Pro 16" B.E.E. W/100 gr ST
Leica R-1000 - Zeiss 8X42 Conquest HD
On the Hunt for the next!!
bubba

Post by bubba »

Mike, I have a Nikon Bolt and its a very nice scope indeed clear, From edge to edge and bright. And its a perfect scope for my Ibex at 305 f.p.s. only improvement would be a lighted reticle for that last and first daylight. That being said worth every penny of the 150.00 dollars I spent....But for your Knog at around 405 f.p.s. I don't think the Bolt with fixed yardage marks, set for 305 or close to it, will be the best choice for that bow. Take a look at the Hawke XB-1 SR with the lighted reticle for around 160.00 dollars, or there top of the line XB-30 Pro SR with the lighted reticle and glass as nice as the bolt, For 230.00 dollars at wyverns. Those are my favorites that my pocket book can cover, and still have enough for a can of snuff... SMILE.....
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
DaveShooter

Post by DaveShooter »

vixenmaster wrote:Speakin of lemons one of these days before i die. I will set them all up on a stump n take my 6.5x55 Swede n give them all the proper send off the the junk yard! :D
I love that Mike - As that is just how I feel about this blasted computer- Make mine a 45/70 325 gr Hornady lever lution Shaken and stired as it turns this putor to dust :lol: :lol: - Just a little James Bond to the mix-lol :D
racking up points

Post by racking up points »

The parent Company that makes subpar optics in one line, will let that quality control into their main line.[/quote]

Using that logic, our Excaliburs must be junk because Bowtech is the parent line.
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

racking up points wrote:The parent Company that makes subpar optics in one line, will let that quality control into their main line.
Using that logic, our Excaliburs must be junk because Bowtech is the parent line.[/quote]

Really, i thought the Investment group that bought jus let Bowtech run it. A birdee i heard said that both were up on the sellin block. Anyway thats why i don't buy Bowtech Bows of any kind. I'm fairly sure there won't be anudder Redfield enter my cabin & nor the parent Companys Leupolds either
Half Bubble Off BD360