Tactzone Scopes

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

vixenmaster

Tactzone Scopes

Post by vixenmaster »

I put the one on Kong that Steve sent to me. I can see the outside edge halo thru glass, but it is usuable scope. I suppose if'en you relied on the very edge of the scope glass to see what head gear a deer had it would be lackin in very good detail. In reality jus wait a second n the deer will entered the better glass area.Now i haven't sighted Kong in yet wid it. Unless it its the pits on yardage chevrons, i think it will be an ok scope. Naw it it ain't Nikon or Leupold nor Redfield but its not bad. Speakin of Redfield i returned mine fer repairs. $13.95 to ship it wid $200 in Ins. Won't take too many returns to Redfield before the shippin will cost more than than gettin it repaired. I reckon it left a real bad taste in my mouth fer the Redfield Revenge crossbow scopes. This i can tell ya, i won't buy anudder one in my lifetime of any model fer anything i have
Last edited by vixenmaster on Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
bubba

Re: Taczone Scopes

Post by bubba »

I feel the same way about the tac-zone my son has on his 380, the glass and the edges just weren't good for me. I did like the lighted reticle. That would make it useable until a replacement . The Nikon Bolt XR just smokes it... Like I said before if and when Nikon comes out with a lighted reticle... I cant see me with any other crossbow scope. Oh well maybe next year.......
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
JPjunkie

Post by JPjunkie »

Mike I have the tact-zone on my 405 and it works well when I shot that doe last year at 54-yds it hit exactly where I aimed I love mine
Matrix 405 Boo string Big John arras Praise the Lord For all Things
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I do think they are a serviceable scope. Are there better ones, yes. These will certainly get the job done. Fer the price of them wid a lifetime warranty its hard to complain. If Leupolds are like Redfields ? then i don't even want to spend a dime on one!
Half Bubble Off BD360

ehntr

Post by ehntr »

vixenmaster wrote:I do think they are a serviceable scope. Are there better ones, yes. These will certainly get the job done. Fer the price of them wid a lifetime warranty its hard to complain. If Leupolds are like Redfields ? then i don't even want to spend a dime on one!
I've got no beef with TactZones Mike. I've like the ones I've had. Think I have had 3? Still have one and keepin it on my 330 fer now. Tip...............don't be searchin for stuff at the edges of the glass :lol: :lol: :lol: Put the dot/chevron on the kill spot and away you go. I like that it is uncluttered and still able to mark all the distances on the chevrons.
E/M/MOBUI330 (Finn-esse)
E/M/N335 (Finn-bad)
Click "User Control Panel", "Profile", Location: (you don't have to tell everyone you're "in a van down by the river") but for Pete's sake, what state/prov or country are you in?
racking up points

Post by racking up points »

vixenmaster wrote:I do think they are a serviceable scope. Are there better ones, yes. These will certainly get the job done. Fer the price of them wid a lifetime warranty its hard to complain. If Leupolds are like Redfields ? then i don't even want to spend a dime on one!
I have owned a 1/2 dozen Leupolds, Mike and if you do some research, you'll see that they are hassle-free, made in America and have a lifetime warranty. Sorry you had bad luck with that Redfield, but Leupolds have a very reliable track record.
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

racking up points wrote:
I have owned a 1/2 dozen Leupolds, Mike and if you do some research, you'll see that they are hassle-free, made in America and have a lifetime warranty. Sorry you had bad luck with that Redfield, but Leupolds have a very reliable track record.
That certainly can be the case on the leupolds. I knowed i won't ever buy anudder Redfield. They burnt me once never will be a 2nd time. If'en the revenge has to go back the 2nd time i will sell it.
Half Bubble Off BD360

amythntr

Re: Tactzone Scopes

Post by amythntr »

....can anyone say, "Leupold?" :lol: :lol:

Anthony :)

....never an afterthought, an issue, nothing just 100% reliability that pays for itself, year after year!
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

amythntr wrote:....can anyone say, "Leupold?" :lol: :lol:

Anthony :)

....never an afterthought, an issue, nothing just 100% reliability that pays for itself, year after year!
I don't deal well wid issues on a new scope, 1st is on me cause i was stupid n bought it goin on ppl's reviews. Won't be a 2nd time, ya don't get 2 lives to live :) Ain't i jus bein an onry old cuss
Half Bubble Off BD360

maine hunter

Post by maine hunter »

I have one on my 355, as long as you stay off the edges its great. Other than than that I like it.
355 matrix, big johns arrows- zombieslayers, g5 montecs, strikers. Vortex big johns arrows- zombieslayers g5 montecs 125. Lumenoks.
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

I find some t-zones better than others. There are some reeeal bass ones out there, but the one I have on my bow is ok
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

Mike , sorry to hear about your Redfield . I have one and really like it . took off my TZ and put on the Redfield. I admit it was a little tricky to sight in because I did not know how . but after a little help I got it set up and there was nothing to it . must have taken 500 shots with it so far and alls good. give it another chance and you may change your mind.
W.M.

Post by newbie »

vixenmaster wrote:
racking up points wrote:
That certainly can be the case on the leupolds. I knowed i won't ever buy anudder Redfield. They burnt me once never will be a 2nd time. If'en the revenge has to go back the 2nd time i will sell it.
The revenge series is made offshore. The Revolution series is made in Oregon ad as far as i can tell the only ones that are in the Redfield lineup.
Sorry you had bad uck with yours Mike. I love my Revolution.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
otisbrazwell

Post by otisbrazwell »

sounds like the 405 is a scope killer.i cant see why the redfield didn't take it. I have the revolution on a shotgun which has been shot a lot with no problems.even after reading this post I ordered the revenge for my micro.the glass for the revenge is made in the Philippines and the scope is assembled in Oregon @ leupold...(zeiss terra xb75 ) mite be a option for the 405 :idea:
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

What i have read on the Zeiss, they be great optics. Someone did a review on them on CT. Said that you ended up at high end magnafication usin t on real fast crossbows 380 fps on up
Half Bubble Off BD360