things that go "Bump" in the night

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

BrotherRon

things that go "Bump" in the night

Post by BrotherRon »

spent friday night and saturday at the cabin and came home saturday afternoon.
about 12:30 this morning I woke up and the wife asks - did you hear something hit the house? I told her no and she said something woke her and the dog up. I got up to pee and then looked out the kitchn window into the back yard and saw what looked like someone laying in the yard. I turned the kitchn light on and sure enough there was someone laying outside my kitchn window . :shock:
So we called 911 and the dispatcher asked if the person was still breathing :?:
I thought - really, the middle of the night and you want me to see if a stranger laying in my back yard is dead or alive? So I got dressed and the dog and I went to check things out while the wife was on the phone with dispatch. I get back there and a hispanic guy is snoring away outside my kitchn window next to a ladder that was laying alongside the house and his big cowboy hat laying about 2 feet away. So this big police officer pulls up with an EMT right behind him. I tell the cop that the person is in my back yard and he says... I'm not going back there until back-up arrives. I was thinking.. you have a gun, I don't, I'm told to check if the person is dead or alive, and you are afraid to go check by yourself? lol It turns out the guy was drunk and probably left a party 1 block north of my house and got lost trying to find the house he lived in 1 block south of me. The ladder was leaning against my house and the wind blew it down a couple days ago. He evidently tripped over the ladder and knocked himself out when his head hit my house :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm thinking I will leave the ladder there. :mrgreen:
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup:
8ptbuk

Re: things that go "Bump" in the night

Post by 8ptbuk »

Ron, That's the craziest thing I've heard in awhile ! Hilarious at the same time !
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
maine hunter

Post by maine hunter »

You need a sign says the hell with the dog, beware of the ladder!!! :lol: :lol:
355 matrix, big johns arrows- zombieslayers, g5 montecs, strikers. Vortex big johns arrows- zombieslayers g5 montecs 125. Lumenoks.
bubba

Post by bubba »

Yeaaa Budddyyy. That's a good ladder you got there.....
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
wathst

Post by wathst »

So now do you get sued? :lol:
Matrix 380, BEE's w Lumenoks, Leupold CrossBones, TT Matrix Hunter 2.5
BrotherRon

Post by BrotherRon »

It was pretty creepy at the time, but afterwards pretty funny. Small town (230)
When I stopped at the gas station this morning everyone was asking what happened last night.
4 squad cars and an ambulance parked by my house is pretty big news here. lol
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup:
drkeenan

Post by drkeenan »

BrotherRon wrote:spent friday night and saturday at the cabin and came home saturday afternoon.
about 12:30 this morning I woke up and the wife asks - did you hear something hit the house? I told her no and she said something woke her and the dog up. I got up to pee and then looked out the kitchn window into the back yard and saw what looked like someone laying in the yard. I turned the kitchn light on and sure enough there was someone laying outside my kitchn window . :shock:
So we called 911 and the dispatcher asked if the person was still breathing :?:
I thought - really, the middle of the night and you want me to see if a stranger laying in my back yard is dead or alive? So I got dressed and the dog and I went to check things out while the wife was on the phone with dispatch. I get back there and a hispanic guy is snoring away outside my kitchn window next to a ladder that was laying alongside the house and his big cowboy hat laying about 2 feet away. So this big police officer pulls up with an EMT right behind him. I tell the cop that the person is in my back yard and he says... I'm not going back there until back-up arrives. I was thinking.. you have a gun, I don't, I'm told to check if the person is dead or alive, and you are afraid to go check by yourself? lol It turns out the guy was drunk and probably left a party 1 block north of my house and got lost trying to find the house he lived in 1 block south of me. The ladder was leaning against my house and the wind blew it down a couple days ago. He evidently tripped over the ladder and knocked himself out when his head hit my house :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm thinking I will leave the ladder there. :mrgreen:
Scary and Funny. Same thing happened to me while I was in grad school only the drunk was in the laundry room off my car port. I went into the room in the pitch dark and, unfortunately for him, came up swinging when he grumbled something incoherent from the darkness. He ended up in jail with a busted nose and I got a crazy story with a happy ending.......for me!!
Micro 355 - (Mortal Cause II)
Stock String
Black Eagle Executioner Bolts
Tact Zone Scope
NAP SpitfiresXXX - 100 gn
ATN Shot Trak Video Camera
DaveShooter

Post by DaveShooter »

Once at around 2-am. 2- young black guys knocked at my door wanted to know if I had a phone and some gas- I told them through my side house window that just up the street was a gas station and all that they might need. I wasn't about to open my door up with all that goes on in these days and times- and no color hadn't a thing to do with it either- I did have my .357 mag in my right hand hidden just in case- But thank God I didn't as I am ccw lic to carry. Just the other day they boarded up a house from me for being a meth lab house- As I really don't live in a bad side of town as Xenia is not that big yet in size- You was a very lucky man fo sure !!!!
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

Glad is was only a drunk!
I came by a double shooting here in Milwaukee on Friday afternoon, four guys arguing and then the pistols came out! Two guys shot! I saw the guy who was arrested and he looked like trouble! The city has turned into a POS place to live. I arm myself everywhere I go now!
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
GodsRanger

Post by GodsRanger »

Brother Ron !!! LOL!!! Now that's funny! Beware of of Ladder ? To check with the Dog ??? You know, this sort of reminds me of when I was on a Land Nav Course open, at Ft. LEWIS during my Ranger Bat.days ? I was lagging behind on the course and it was getting dark ? To the point I had a hard time making things out ? Well, I heard a noise in front of me ? And immediately thought to myself it was another Ranger ? Except the closer I got the louder the stomping became ? That was until I figured out by the outline of its body ? It's low Trowel and bouncing up and down on its front paws to warn me off after I was standing approx. 4' away from it ? Because, like I said ? It, was pretty dark ? Then suddenly I started to feel like a Big Mac ? And respectfully & Slowly started backing away !!! I really felt like I had an Angel on my shoulder !!! Because I was sure I was Bear Bare ? Anyways, I headed towards the next Nav point when suddenly a set of glowing eyes poped up in front of me ? I thought ? Oh great ? The Bear bound around on me and set me up for failure ? This must Had been a Ranger trained Bear ? Because this is the kind of military op. We would normally perform ? Anyhow, my survival instinct kicked in ? And I reached for my Blade ? Which for the life of me I don't know why ? But, decided not to bring it along this time, since it was a routine Nav. course ? Ya ? But, I did have a pocket knife ??? A very small pocket knife ? But, it was enough to give this Ranger a fighting chance and some confidence ? Well, after, mustering up the intestinal fortitude and courage to go into Mortal Combat with a Ft.LEWIS Black Bear ? It turned out to be a Sma'll lonely frightened and neurotic coyote ?
Who, like me ? Was just trying to find his way home ??? God Bless ,!!!