Debate on the C2 Crank versus the older one

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Re: Debate on the C2 Crank versus the older one

Post by newbie »

Anthony i think that nightmare is a nightmare. I am forwarding my address to help you sleep at night send it on over. Heck ill even pay shipping . :mrgreen:
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
BrotherRon

Post by BrotherRon »

newbie wrote:Anthony i think that nightmare is a nightmare. I am forwarding my address to help you sleep at night send it on over. Heck ill even pay shipping . :mrgreen:
ROFL
Better check his tailgate first :mrgreen:
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup:
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

.....I will never part with my...Nightmare 335 8) :lol: ....if need be I will drill a new hole in the C2 and C2 it that it works...

.....but me and....Bada-Bing 8) are bound at the hip!

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
DaveShooter

Post by DaveShooter »

amythntr wrote:.....I will never part with my...Nightmare 335 8) :lol: ....if need be I will drill a new hole in the C2 and C2 it that it works...

.....but me and....Bada-Bing 8) are bound at the hip!

I'd give Excal a call on there 800 # or else Danny Miller- I get what you are a saying on the fit to your bow and all- But there were 2 Cranks made for the Excal crossbows 2008 and up uses- C2 before 2008 uses the Crank-a-roo crank or winch- Now if the holes are not in alignment with the screw that goes down the butt of the crossbow stck like I said I'd give X-cal a shout or Danny Miller-Dave- As in no problem !!!!! :D
bigredopie

Post by bigredopie »

Can you take a pic of the inside (underneath) of the crank. It sure looks like the crank is not fitting over the stock properly. If I try to use a crankaroo on my matrix I have the same problem. It should have a excal logo stenciled on the side where as the older one has a sticker. When I measured the distance from the bottom of the brass knob to the bottom of the C2 crank it was 1 3/16".

Assuming it is a C2, and the pin is the same distance mine is, there might be something preventing it from fitting down on the stock correctly. The throat could be too narrow or one of the screws on the locking mechanism might be a touch too long. It should be tight against the back and follow the stock profile ending about 3/16" before the check piece. Anything interfering with the fit will cause a problem engaging the pin.

Another check you could do is to check the fit on your son's matrix if it is close at hand. That might help narrow down the culprit between the crank or the stock.
380 Matrix, Vortex, Y25, Exomag and Brown Vixen
Boo Strings & Big John Arrows to hit 'em
DaGriz Knife and Hatchet Set to Skin 'em
DaveShooter

Post by DaveShooter »

Another easy way to know which crank your Excal uses according to the Man Danny Miller is if your Excal crossbow has a steel or metal sling stud in the stock it uses the older crank not the C2- But if it has the stud molded into the newer Excal stcks such as the Matrix and all the xbows from as stated earlier by yours truly than it is the newer C2 crank. And if you are having tyrouble getting the C2 to fit your newer excel than as stated earlier call Peter at Excalibur or Danny Miller- Other than that I plead the 5th :D :lol: :D
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Image[/URL]
Image[/URL]
Image[/URL]

...a few additional images of my "so called C2"

In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Bucktail

Post by Bucktail »

I have a Crankonaroo #2094, and it fits and works well on all my Excals. Exomax, Phonix, Matric 330 with cheek piece, Matrix 355 with cheek piece.

I must be very lucky.
Matrix 355 Tact-Zone TriggerTech ADF Laser11 Pro 385gr 100 gr WaspBoss 18in Diablos 150gr Boltcutter Dan Miller R.E.D.S .

ExoMax Vari-zone S5 18in Laser11 18in 2219 100gr WaspBoss

Phoenix Shadow-Zone ADF S5 18in Laser11 100gr WaspBoss
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

.... I will post another image tomorrow showing the mark that the screw makes on my stock when I used it tonight to adjust my beautiful nchunterkw string... It works... But one needs to be very, very careful because it does NOT screw in...

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
bigredopie

Post by bigredopie »

From those last pics, it definitely looks like a C2 crank. How does it fit on Jelly Belly? Do you have the same issue with it fitting on that stock? The matrix stock profile should be the same as the micro even although the micro stock is hollowed out.

From the pictures it does not look like drilling a higher hole would even be an option as it is so close to the top of the stock. When I compare the pictures of your stock to my stock, the hole looks to be in the same spot, so I am still leaning towards an issue with the crank. Is it possible that the screw that holds the front disengagement lever is a touch too long? It should be flush with the inside "rib". The lower screw for the other lever is too low to matter.

Don't worry we will get to the bottom of this mystery yet.
XcaliburFX

Post by XcaliburFX »

I actually used the Crankaroo (older version) on my Eclipse, Axiom and matrix ... all without the cheek piece but they worked fine. was only when I tried it with the Nightmare the issue you have arose. I drilled it out and even custom shaped my cheek rest before finding out the C2 I had ordered was actually a Crankaroo. lol Don't ask how the mistake was made but it is fixed now. They both will work fine and with no issues without the cheek piece once the hole in the Nightmare is drilled a very small amount larger only a few thousandths. yes, I did end up getting a new cheek rest and the C2 I should have had, but live and learn. :) Link to my mistake lol ... http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB2 ... hp?t=56833
Assassin 360 Strata
BEA Zombie Slayer - BEA Executioner
Boo/VixenMaster/Xcaliber/NCHunterKW Strings
XcaliburFX

Post by XcaliburFX »

BTW, pics in my thread will show the diff in the two cranks without a doubt. :)

Anthony, yours is a C2 :)

Vic
Assassin 360 Strata
BEA Zombie Slayer - BEA Executioner
Boo/VixenMaster/Xcaliber/NCHunterKW Strings
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Image[/URL]

Here is the image from the indentation that the C2 makes when it is SECURELY attached to the stock of the Micro...as you can see when you try to engage the screw it does not line up with the hole...I was able to use the C2 last night but was worried the hole (whole) time!!!

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
huntinwi

Post by huntinwi »

I have 2 c2 cranks and both work and fit on stock on my matrix and micro 335 NIGHTMARE
bigredopie

Post by bigredopie »

Wow, that is so close. The big question is does it have the same issue on other stocks. You could widen the hole in the stock to fit the crank pin but if it is the crank that is off you will have to do it on other bow stocks as well.