Arrows fer Micro's

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

vixenmaster

Arrows fer Micro's

Post by vixenmaster »

Some things i need to knowed from those who own them. Does anyone use arrows longer than say 17" ? Has anyone tried GT II's with any luck in decent accuracy ? I have about a dz or so i can cut down. I have half dz BEE's at 19" i can leave at that length or cut down. Want to get my arrows from 370 gr up to 390gr area
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Mo wannabe

Re: Arrows fer Micro's

Post by Mo wannabe »

15 inch zombies here
Micro 335 Camo. Micro Nightmare. Vixen Matrix 310 Axiom
Leupold scopes VixenMaster Strings
Big john arrows. BOO strings & things
Montec g5
DaGriz knive
Less work.....more hunt
Derry Hicks
Excalibur only
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

I am using 17.5" Spynal Tapp's for the Magnus Bullhead's to clear my stirrup & they shoot great.

For deer I played around with arrow lengths from 15.5" to 16.5" with many combinations of front & rear inserts.

For my Nightmare I have found 16.5" zombies in .001 with 110gr brass insert & rear flat plastick nock, 100gr field tips shoot the best for me out to 40 yards. I found the shorter arrows would give me erractic groups.

Just my 2 cents. You may have to play around to see what works best for your bow...

Jeff
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
Spike Country

Post by Spike Country »

Mike I was shooting both 16 inch BEEs and LaserII today out of my Micro and both shot good but the BEEs where a little better at 40 yards. I didn't get to shoot as long as I wanted to but I am going to test them again with a better rest. If tomorrow was opening day I wouldn't hesitate to hunt with either arrows. Both had 92gr inserts, 100gr head and lumenoks.
Last edited by Spike Country on Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
MICHIGAN MEAT HUNTER "Shooting Tomorrows Trophies Today"
Proud member of the Michigan Crossbow Federation!

Post by newbie »

bellerivercrossbowhunter wrote:I am using 17.5" Spynal Tapp's for the Magnus Bullhead's to clear my stirrup & they shoot great.

For deer I played around with arrow lengths from 15.5" to 16.5" with many combinations of front & rear inserts.

For my Nightmare I have found 16.5" zombies in .001 with 110gr brass insert & rear flat plastick nock, 100gr field tips shoot the best for me out to 40 yards. I found the shorter arrows would give me erractic groups.

Just my 2 cents. You may have to play around to see what works best for your bow...

Jeff
I agree with Jeff on the 16.5" Zombies with a little work on the 110 grain brass you wull be at 370 or a little better. Im now building 16.5 old style Spynal tapps aiming for 370grains. Only downside to longer is your broadhead out beyond the stirrup.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Mike, the factory arrows shoot pretty dern well. I have some 18 3/8th GTIII's that I shoot on my Matrix that shoot well also. This little thing hasnt been picky. Danny Miller told me if you get the arrows down as far as 15" you had better have your FOC up there or they may not shoot as well as they could. ( Danny doesnt care for that short an arrow really)
Gundy

Post by Gundy »

Black Eagle Executioners @ 16.5", 100gn brass up front with 125gn Slik Tricks.

Total of 425gn

Thats a lot of FPE... 8)
Last edited by Gundy on Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Excalibur Micro Xtra | 16.5" Black Eagle Executioner's | Slick Trick Magnum 125's
kysdad

Post by kysdad »

I'm starting out with 16" BEE's and I'll go from there. I can't see me going away from BEE's, but I'm willing to mess with lengths. I figure 16 is a good starting point.
Matrix 350 LE
Spynal Tapps
Spitfires
GrassyKnoll

Post by GrassyKnoll »

I'm shooting a 16" BEE shaft with a 110 grain brass insert, 100 grain heads, a Lumenok and Blazer vanes out of my Micro.

Basically I sighted in with my field points at 20 and 40 yards with my XB-30 scope and all my yardages fell into place.. I switched over to my broadheads, which are Slick Trick 100 grain standards and RamCat 100's and they are all spot on out to 50 yards, which is my max yardage in the back yard. Total arrow weight is 405 grains shooting 317 FPS..

I think the BEEs are fantastic for the Micro when they are cut down because it increases the spine and makes the arrow stiffer which is good for the broadheads..

A little backyard action. Both shots at 50 yards using a 50mm lens on my DSLR..No zoom function....lol

I only put the video up to demonstrate the accuracy of this combo. The second shot I was aiming for the lower dot on the 18-1 target, not the more obvious bigger dot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khCIfvllD10
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, Trigger Tech,
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, ^^^
Matrix 380 Blackout with Vortex Viper XBR,
Micro 335 Raid with HHAv Vortex Crossfire II Pro Grade trigger
bgarchery

Post by bgarchery »

Gundy wrote:Black Eagle Executioners @ 16.5", 100gn brass up front with 125gn Slik Tricks.

Total of 425gn

Thats a lot of FPE... 8)
We like the Executioners too. Great Arrow, great Price, Fly very straight. Had a customer or two put some brass up front and really like the flight and punch.
Woody's Sporting Goods-Helping our customers get the most out of their hunting season with sales and service for ALL their bowhunting needs!!!
Spike Country

Post by Spike Country »

Went back out today after some rest and at the 30 yard line rested across a table I was hitting a 1x1 piece of tape on my target every time with my LaserII arrows(three of them). The reason I like them is I can shoot lumenoks and still have a good foc with a light arrow. Still have to see how they shoot with broad heads.
MICHIGAN MEAT HUNTER "Shooting Tomorrows Trophies Today"
Proud member of the Michigan Crossbow Federation!
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I cut half dz GT II's down to 17 3/8" from rear nock to the brass front insert. Cleanin them as i go n have 1st one in fletchin jig wid 2" Blazers
Half Bubble Off BD360

Mo wannabe

Post by Mo wannabe »

Hey Vixen I only cut mine to 15 because they tend to hang on brush and stuff. The quills that came with the bows shot very well
Micro 335 Camo. Micro Nightmare. Vixen Matrix 310 Axiom
Leupold scopes VixenMaster Strings
Big john arrows. BOO strings & things
Montec g5
DaGriz knive
Less work.....more hunt
Derry Hicks
Excalibur only
bob watkins

Post by bob watkins »

x2 what grassknoll said i have the same set up . killer combo
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I get some samolians saved up i will get Jerry to make me up a half dz of the BEE's. All i have on hand is used 20" GT II's i am cutting down to try them out. All i need is coffee cup accuracy at 50 yds, tick toters will die from the sight of Captain Morgan n his Purple n Gold string :lol:
Half Bubble Off BD360