nocks

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

amythntr

Re: nocks

Post by amythntr »

Mister B wrote:Put some black plastics in my BE's. Shot good until one day a nock came out and I didn't notice it since it was so much like the same color of the shaft. Shot the arrow without nock. Cut a Boo string. Scared the crap out of me. Went back to Aluminum. Now I've gone to NuFletch lighted nocks without the lite stick in it to practice. Works fine so far...all I have to do is put the light stick back in and I'm ready to hunt. Even if the plastic NuFletch nock comes out, the aluminum base is glued in the shaft so it can act like a nock too and not cut the string. It is as safety and convenience factor for me. Cheers

....they are now my go to nock Mister B...I love the Nu-Fletch Ignitor's simplicity more than the Lumenok's....

ANthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Mister B wrote:Put some black plastics in my BE's. Shot good until one day a nock came out and I didn't notice it since it was so much like the same color of the shaft. Shot the arrow without nock. Cut a Boo string. Scared the crap out of me. Went back to Aluminum. Now I've gone to NuFletch lighted nocks without the lite stick in it to practice. Works fine so far...all I have to do is put the light stick back in and I'm ready to hunt. Even if the plastic NuFletch nock comes out, the aluminum base is glued in the shaft so it can act like a nock too and not cut the string. It is as safety and convenience factor for me. Cheers
Mr. B., I set up an M380 Blackout for a friend last year and he did exactly what you described. He was shooting groups and smacking arrows and didn't realize he broke a 'BLACK' nock out of the shaft. He split the arrow, cut the boo string in half and broke his limbs. Pricey lesson. I personally want a bright nock like the flo yellow....unless I'm shooting competitive 3D, then I want all black everything. Just so I don't draw anyone out of the X-Ring on a poor shot. :wink:

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

Big difference between plastic nocks and polycarbonate. Don't do plastic any more after a said nock failed. Polycabonates, like those by Firenock are very strong and light. Been using some instead of aluminum nocks which can't be lit up. I practice with unlighted nocks, but have designated hunting arrows that are lit.
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!