OT: RIP BB King

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Kegbelly

OT: RIP BB King

Post by Kegbelly »

I know this is off topic but forgive me. BB King was one of my favorite artists. He could wring more emotion out of one note than anyone out there. I've seen him in concert several times, and several years ago got a chance to go backstage and into his trailer after the show and meet him in person and chat with him for a few minutes, and he autographed the pick guard on my '60 reissue Les Paul (the lower left photo) and he gave me one of his picks. For a wannabe blues guitarist It was quite the experience. RIP Mr King. The thrill is gone.
Matrix 380
18" Zombies, 400 gr w/ 125 gr Magnus Stingers & Lumenoks
Exomag
20" Zombies, 380 gr w/ 100 gr Magnus Stingers
xcaliber

Re: OT: RIP BB King

Post by xcaliber »

The Blues never sounded better than when BB was playing. Sad day indeed Keg!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
coolhl

Post by coolhl »

absolutely!
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Boy, is P. Y. D. Gonna be P. O. 'de at you! :lol: great music! What s talent .
luckymike

Post by luckymike »

R.I.P BB.seen him a couple of times when he hit Detroit.one of the best!
matrix 355,330
slicktrick 125
black eagle executioners
vixenmaster strings
nikon bolt
triggertech
bubba

Post by bubba »

B.B. King For sure one of the best, First seen him in Germany in 1970. Was a one of a kind... Now S.R.V. and him are up there jamming away again. R.I.P.......
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
DaveShooter

Post by DaveShooter »

Kegbelly wrote:I know this is off topic but forgive me. BB King was one of my favorite artists. He could wring more emotion out of one note than anyone out there. I've seen him in concert several times, and several years ago got a chance to go backstage and into his trailer after the show and meet him in person and chat with him for a few minutes, and he autographed the pick guard on my '60 reissue Les Paul (the lower left photo) and he gave me one of his picks. For a wannabe blues guitarist It was quite the experience. RIP Mr King. The thrill is gone.
Ya lucky man you Keg- My Nephew played bass for him up in NY or down south in New Orleans once- never even got His autograph shame on my nephew- Another friend saw BB at a club in Dayton Ohio BB asked him to come on stage and play slide guitar with him- His name was Cracker Shaw- Sure am like a lot of fine folks gonna miss BB and His Music- Long live BB and His Music -R>I>P>