My Try At Reducing The Noise Of My Micro

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

StormDragon

My Try At Reducing The Noise Of My Micro

Post by StormDragon »

Seeing and hearing Wildcatter's Micro noise reduction video in another thread got me to thinking and trying my own videos to see and hear how mine sounded after a few mods.

I apologize if the videos arent that good but they were the first ones me or my wife ever tried to take so..

My wife was about 3-4 feet away when she recorded them and in between the neighborhood deciding all at once to start their lawnmowers and the wind picking up at the same time, Im not sure how they turned out. I may need another try.

And for the record, my wife hit the red button!! UGH! LOL

[video]https://youtu.be/8hqNpuHM43c[/video]

[video]https://youtu.be/TF8_cj1rMZg[/v
Micro 335 Nightmare: Morning Star

Elite Synergy; Krampus
xcaliber

Re: My Try At Reducing The Noise Of My Micro

Post by xcaliber »

That sounds pretty good to me!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
ehntr

Post by ehntr »

"I hit the red button". Good job.......er hitting the red button. So what did you do? This is one of those posts where "a pic or it didn't happen" isn't "the proof in the puddin'". Details man :D
E/M/MOBUI330 (Finn-esse)
E/M/N335 (Finn-bad)
Click "User Control Panel", "Profile", Location: (you don't have to tell everyone you're "in a van down by the river") but for Pete's sake, what state/prov or country are you in?
StormDragon

Post by StormDragon »

ehntr wrote:"I hit the red button". Good job.......er hitting the red button. So what did you do? This is one of those posts where "a pic or it didn't happen" isn't "the proof in the puddin'". Details man :D
Sorry, it took me about an hour to figure out how to download the videos to youtube and I needed a brain break lol.

As far as the mods etc goes, ile try to post pics later but for now..

1) put strips of closed cell mini cell in the barrel and limbsaver strips along the outside of it
2) put limbsaver strips on the stirrup then wrapped the whole thing except the front in rubber tape and paracord and them spray plasti dipped the whole thing. I also put a small piece of mini cell in the gap between the stirrup and riser.
3) shrink tubed the arrow retention arm and put a limbsaver retention piece on the front/top of the arm where it bends.
4) wrapped the quiver bracket arms in paracord and shrink tubed it along with putting rubber gaskets between the bolt heads and riser. I also put a piece of double faced tape between the quiver holder and quiver mount plus added to small limbsaver pieces on either side on the quiver holder.
5) filled in the voids of the foregrip with closed cell mini cell
6) took spray rubber underline and sprayed the spots where the riser and rail connect (I took them apart first to do so and then reassembled after)
7) added Danny Miller baby bumpers and one of his flemish strings 
8 shooting roughly a 405 Gr BEE
9) put limbsaver strips along underside of the stock as well as put a piece of closed cell mini cell along the check piece and spray plasti dipped the whole thing before reassembling it
10) wrapped back of butt stock with paracord and then past dipped sprayed it
11) Gonna get the stock wrapped in paracord once it comes in
12) other mods, limbsavers etc as my brain goes over more ideas

I think I covered everything except hitting the red button lol!

Again, will try to post some pics in the next day or two
Micro 335 Nightmare: Morning Star

Elite Synergy; Krampus
Kegbelly

Post by Kegbelly »

Sounds good!
Something else I did was cut a short piece of foam rubber pipe insulation (like a donut) and stuff it between the cheek piece and the stock, seems to reduce the hollow plastic sound of the stock somewhat. You can't see it unless you turn the bow upside down.
I also used rubber gaskets between the stirrup and riser, I would suggest loc-titing the stirrup bolts real good. With a gasket in there you can only torque the bolts down so far without crushing the gasket, and mine worked loose a couple times. Loc-tited them real good and no problems after a year.
Matrix 380
18" Zombies, 400 gr w/ 125 gr Magnus Stingers & Lumenoks
Exomag
20" Zombies, 380 gr w/ 100 gr Magnus Stingers