What are members doing regarding polishing the TT fork?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

TriggerTech

Re: What are members doing regarding polishing the TT fork?

Post by TriggerTech »

Hi,

There are a lot of variables that go into serving wear and not just the latch itself - as people have mentioned, both companies are experiencing serving wear, so it could be both the latches, or other shared elements (heavier draw weights that perhaps skirt the limits of some serving life - TBD).

If the serving tears under 200 shots, there could be a few issues (compression marks on serving are not a concern):

1) Trigger not seated properly: make sure the bottom portion of the mouth of the trigger is flush with or below the deck
2) Over cocking: see Boo's Site, this is quite common
3) There could possibly be a bur on the latch and so a polishing concern - however, we spend a lot of time polishing this surface and our latch is beefier, creating less of a pinch angle so we think this to be unlikely - always safe to check. You can usually see problematic inclusions with the naked eye. Also, see Boo's site or call
4) Make sure all fasteners are installed as indicated in the instructions
5) Be sure there are no sharp edges on the rail
6) Experiment with different serving/strings if problem persists
7) Apply even pressure while cocking

After assessing the latches and other items, please don't hesitate to call if there are any questions, we are always here to help.

Cheers,

TT
8ptbuk

Re: What are members doing regarding polishing the TT fork?

Post by 8ptbuk »

I installed my Single Stage TT yesterday and their was absolutely No way I could improve the trigger forks ! They were polished to a mirror finish . I don't know how well the serving will last , but I'll be surprised if I don't get decent wear with it .
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]