What are members doing regarding polishing the TT fork?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

amythntr

What are members doing regarding polishing the TT fork?

Post by amythntr »

....I have noticed considerable wear (after about 130 shots) on the serving on the right side of my TT2.5 Matrix model used in the Micro and have matched up the wear to the right fork (pardon me for any incorrect terminology)...

.....has anyone else had this issue?....

.....If so what are you doing in terms of polishing the forks and what tools are you using including having TT or someone else work on it?

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
W.Miguire

Re: What are members doing regarding polishing the TT fork?

Post by W.Miguire »

I also had a problem with mine . I got some stuff from one of the members and it did the trick. my advice is to call the factory and the will advise you . the are nice to deal with.
W.M.
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Hey Anthony, check out the Boocustomstrings website. Don has a lot of great info there.
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
StormDragon

Post by StormDragon »

Ok...at least I'm not imagining things because it looks like my serving is showing the same type of wear from my TT but on both sides hmmm. .
Micro 335 Nightmare: Morning Star

Elite Synergy; Krampus
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

StormDragon wrote:Ok...at least I'm not imagining things because it looks like my serving is showing the same type of wear from my TT but on both sides hmmm. .

No George...you are not imagining...Mine is clearly on the right side. i flipped the string and want to see if it happens again or if it was a serving issue....

....Stay tuned, Mike (MCS) will be posting something later which he believes is a sharpness to the engraved lane in the Micro's rail which is cutting into the serving...he sent me images but i want him to post what his findings are first...

In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Normous

Post by Normous »

As mentioned by Paul, just polish the claws as instructed according to Boo's site.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Onetimeonly x-->

Post by Onetimeonly x--> »

Normous wrote:As mentioned by Paul, just polish the claws as instructed according to Boo's site.
Norm, not trying to be the negative Joe here...but darn that's a good chunk of $ for unit. Good luck fellows.
'13 Matrix 380/Hawke XB30 Pro Scope
'13 Matrix 355/Hawke XB30 Scope
Boo Triggers & Custom Strings
Wabi Custom Calls
AND A WHOLE LOT OF FRESH AIR!!
Godspeed!!
Scott
coolhl

Post by coolhl »

amythntr wrote:....I have noticed considerable wear (after about 130 shots) on the serving on the right side of my TT2.5 Matrix model used in the Micro and have matched up the wear to the right fork (pardon me for any incorrect terminology)...

after 93 shots with my single stage TT I had to turn the string around because of a pronounced dent in the serving on the right side...no fraying, just denting and pushing the serving apart on a Danny Miller Flemish.
even if I cant do anything about it I don't really care since the TT works so much better than the stock Micro trigger that I would be willing to reserve after 200 shots than go back to the other trigger even if that stock trigger gave me a thousand shots.
norm
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

coolhl wrote:
amythntr wrote:....I have noticed considerable wear (after about 130 shots) on the serving on the right side of my TT2.5 Matrix model used in the Micro and have matched up the wear to the right fork (pardon me for any incorrect terminology)...

after 93 shots with my single stage TT I had to turn the string around because of a pronounced dent in the serving on the right side...no fraying, just denting and pushing the serving apart on a Danny Miller Flemish.
even if I cant do anything about it I don't really care since the TT works so much better than the stock Micro trigger that I would be willing to reserve after 200 shots than go back to the other trigger even if that stock trigger gave me a thousand shots.
norm

I hear ya from sunny Florida "Coolhl"....but isn't it interesting that there is a pronounced issue with the right side....just imagine if the right side was dealt with by TT...one might expect upwards of between 300 -400 shots between servings ...BTW I am using a NChunterkw string which I absolutely love....I think you could have balanced an elephant on the serving if one could have stood it up....it was that tightly served....

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
coolhl

Post by coolhl »

I actually got more bilateral wear and fraying from the stock trigger but more denting on the right side from the TT trigger.....nonetheless, every time I pull that single action 2.5 trigger I smile...I can't help it!

norm
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

I know Ironoggin has over 1200 shots on his T.T. I wasn't so fortunate but Frank was very accommodating to try and make things right. Regardless of what the product is, when you are paying top dollar you deserve a perfectly functioning product. Personally, I wouldn't be happy having to reserve every couple hundred shots, I expect much more and I don't think that's being unreasonable. So far my trigger is great but I haven't done much shooting the last few months with work obligations. I do hope for the best.....and yes, I love those TT triggers. :wink:

Paul

......Anthony, seriously check Boo's sight and polish your jaws accordingly. It's well worth it paisan.
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
coolhl

Post by coolhl »

I am a newbie so you guys tell me please,
after 93 shots
(and only on the right side)
photo AFTER one half twist to turn it upside down
norm

ehntr

Post by ehntr »

The stock trigger on my Micro was tearing at my serving at under a couple hundred shots. The Micro is going to be hard on serving. I think it's the way it is. However, making it better is as easy as polishing your trigger yourself. I've since put a TT on my Micro and I polished that trigger also.

Boo's site suggests using this abrasive (15, 5 and .5 micron in plain): http://www.leevalley.com/US/wood/page.a ... at=1,43072

Follow the direction on Boo's page.
E/M/MOBUI330 (Finn-esse)
E/M/N335 (Finn-bad)
Click "User Control Panel", "Profile", Location: (you don't have to tell everyone you're "in a van down by the river") but for Pete's sake, what state/prov or country are you in?
BrotherRon

Post by BrotherRon »

Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup:
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

Can anyone chime in on this:.......

how do the profiles of the Excal latches and TT latches compare? Is one more squared off than the other? Would it help to bevel the outside corners a little more? The Micro not only has the strongest limbs, but also the steepest angle when cocked, correct?
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><